0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Could I beg your indulgence again?

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  03:26 PM   -   Could I beg your indulgence again?

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello Xoxos, Influx, Sitar, David G, K (mustn't forget the BOSS!) and anyone else who's viewing this. I've just put up yet another new track on the music page, and as always I'd appreciate any feedback - even if you think it's shite.
Thanx in advance.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

xoxos

Link?: Link

no soundcard dude. i'm the

Message 3/18                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

david g

hi cluod!
you have like 9873875249 tracks there...which one is it????????????????

Message 4/18                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

sitar

Link?:  Link

As soon as I have the opportunity C9. I didn't know Bruce Springsteen listened to tracks here :P

Message 5/18                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

knowa

dancetech in the dark

Message 6/18                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

milan

its "medici". but since he didnt name me personaly, i decline to comment on this track :p

Message 7/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

Espoo2

It doesn't do a whole lot... I keep waiting for something.... It sounds like an intro...

It could just be my headphones, but the mix sounds pretty unbalanced and muddy. Check that EQ... lay off that high hat... try a different mp3 encoding....

You know what? I think I just heard a bass... it really might be these cans on my ears....

Dunno man. I dont want to sound bitchy or mean or anything, I just really can't hear it.

Message 8/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

cloud nine

That's okay Espoo, you're not being bitchy. The mix is muddy, some of those frequencies are so low that they're just not coming through. "Nothing happens", well, it's not meant to, this is really just a piece of ambient noise - another of my experiments. Thanks for your comments tho.

David: It's the third from the right.

Sitar: I thought Bruce Springsteen had retired?

Message 9/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

bedwyr

yeah, but he spends all his spare time listening at dt.

Message 10/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

k

so which track is it then???

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

Cloud nine

All of them!

Message 12/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

xoxos

one is for me  

Message 13/18                 Date: 02-May-02  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

sitarsong

I wish he would retire. Never could see what anyone heard in him.

I'm listening to medici now. It's mellow. I like the sounds and the female voice. Singing sounds medieval in the break. The voice is very enchanting. The mix sounds very distant though. I like the feeling in it. Enchanting and magical. The mix has to be done differently if it's to be danced to. Don't know if that's what you intended. It's nice just to listen to.

Message 14/18                 Date: 02-May-02  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

cloud nine

Hello Sitar,

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I know the mix is appalling, I had a lot of trouble with it, and I get the feeling I'm going to be spending a lot more time trying to get it right.

I'm glad you noticed the medieval sound, because that's what I intended. Like "world music" medieval and renaissance music is an interest of mine, and I thought it would be interesting to combine technology with it, and see what happened.

Regarding Springsteen, I used to like him a lot, but I've gone right off him now, partly since I found out he was responsible for Blinded By The Light, which is one of the worst songs ever written! Imho.

At the moment I seem to be listening to Metamorphoses all the time. It's an interesting cd.

Message 15/18                 Date: 03-May-02  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

david g

positive states of weirdness.....nice

Message 16/18                 Date: 03-May-02  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

Cloud Nine

Thanks David. I've just finished revising it, and done a remix on it. I think I've got it about right now. I'll be putting it up tomorrow, so when I do, have a listen and see if you still like it.

Message 17/18                 Date: 04-May-02  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

xoxos

dunno which v. i'm listening to but it's nice, nice plop sequencing.

i'll let you wonder.

Message 18/18                 Date: 04-May-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Could I beg your indulgence again?

Cloud Nine

Hopefully xoxos you were listening to Medici.

I've just put a remix of it (Medici) up on the music page. Everything is now much more audible, and I've made some changes. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum