0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Another moving track uploaded

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  02:09 PM   -   Another moving track uploaded

DjMik

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I guess I've been asking for comments for about every song I've uploaded.. Well, here's another one! Guess lot of you wouldn't be too happy with the melody etc. but I'd like some comments about the mix and production. I think this is my best track so far in that area.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

DjMik

Link?: Link

Oh yes the track is called "Fiddler Clubbing"

Message 3/13                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

bedwyr

sounds fine to me. your tracks always do.

lol at the whistle/scratch break. hehe.

"it's not my cup of tea"

Message 4/13                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

气n

honest opinion.....

that melody is fuking whack.....sounds like it is actually like a semi or few cents off....

who cares if the mix is good if you got whack hooks......sorry but thats my opinion!

go back and rework it...you got something going!

Message 5/13                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

influx

advice? dont use the word "moving" in your own description? you sound like an ad agency.

I will go listen to the song tho just to see

Message 6/13                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  02:24 AM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

influx

sorry bro, but do you even bother to write your own sounds?

I dont know how to not sound mean on this one, so I think I should just not comment.

I will say that yet again it sounds like its mixed proper and solid

Message 7/13                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

DjMik

Link?:  No link

Hey I asked for comments and got some! You can be as mean at me as you like. If I've been working on some track for long time I can't really tell anymore if it's good or horrible.. The lead is stacked so I've got one from Z1 and another from Wavestation...maybe something there makes it sound like few cents off..gotta check it. Influx I'm certainly not the most creative person on writing sounds & melodies. Though the sounds are all my original patches I guess I make them all sound like some mainstream shit. Liked it or not, thanks for listening!

Message 8/13                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

proximus

I thought it was cool.. very tight

Message 9/13                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

influx

yes, it WAS tight. I think the point is that its obvious youre good at emulating...which is a talent in and of itself, but...

why not apply that talent to going a little further?

do you do your own engineering? I mean..it all sounds clean and well balanced...a solid mix, so...again..obviously youre not a dolt (?)  but...it just sounds so damn derivative...

not trying to be mean. honest.

Message 10/13                 Date: 01-May-02  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

proximus

The problem with trance is that it has very strict rules in what you can do .. it's hard to be totally orignal and still sound like trance. I do love trance but way too much trance sound the same.

I've had friends say the same about my trance tracks.

Message 11/13                 Date: 02-May-02  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

气n

"The problem with trance is that it has very strict rules in what you can do .. it's hard to be totally orignal and still sound like trance. I do love trance but way too much trance sound the same. "

rules, regulations?
gimme a break this is music folks....
look at brainbug...no rules there
pvd is a bender
they don't sound a like and a re both trance....
plus you contradict your self.....

Message 12/13                 Date: 03-May-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

david g

i like this track, not ultraoriginal but a good tune nevertheless.

trance isnt really my cup of tea, but sometimes while driving i listen to one of those "supermegacheesetracemix!!!". i really like it for the first 20 minutes, then i have to listen to some dark tech step to cleanse my brain...

i really like it for the first 20 mins tough..

Message 13/13                 Date: 04-May-02  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Another moving track uploaded

DjMik

I used to play violin when i was a kid and now my little sister plays... I've been listening to her practicing everyday and that's how i came up with this melody. It was just sort of joke at first, I played it for her but i finished the track and this is how it turned out. Don't wanna go back and change the melody..  

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum