0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  12:23 AM   -   Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

brad

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Me and Marianimal had a good gig last nite at this party called Bliss, here in SF. And we finally got a good recording! One of the best from last nite's set is called "Ephedrine."

And guess what? I just posted it!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

Link?:  No link

It's about drugs in the workplace. And you can dance to it. And people did.

(bump)

Message 3/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitar

Link?:  Link

Can't wait to listen you 2. Great you're playing out. I have a dinner engagement after work tonight, so I might not be able to listen until tomorrow night. Gotta catch up on some listening all around.

Message 4/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

frostbyte

i hate it when i listen to something and feel i'm missing out on something, guess you had to be there. you've got ovaries of steel, singing and manipulating at the same time.

major props to both of you,

when i was a gym queen, i used to live on a steady diet of red bull, sesame snaps and ephedrine. I was so cute then.

Message 5/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

brad

frostbyte you're funny!

Thanks sitar. Hey I saw your handwriting on that CD you sent marianimal...feel like I know you that much better, heh.

Message 6/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

You're prolly hearing Brad manipulating while I'm singing, if you mean a synth sound. But tanx anyway. Sorry you felt left out. Sometimes live things do sound that way.

Message 7/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitarsong

Hey this is nice. Is that you Marianimal? You go girl.   I'd love to hear some fx on your voice. Might not be your style or what your after, but some very purposefully placed delays...wild ones. A little reverb to help your voice sit in with the mix. But that's a different style. Forgive me if I'm off base. Cool track. Nice groove. Way to go. More! More!

Message 8/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:49 AM     Edit: 02-May-02  |  05:51 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

Yes it is I. Absolutely it needs 'verb. That's our next purchase I believe, a decent rack reverb unit. Thanks for listening. Again, apologies that I haven't been able to listen to others' tunes lately.

Message 9/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

influx

not even verb necessarily but to be pulled back just a bit, and just SOMETHING

just a bit too dry sounding. and way too upfront (its gotta be a BITCH to get a good mix in a live setting like that, so props for trying)

also..it sounds a bit like M's voice is..drifting..maybe you couldnt hear the music properly to 'hit' it?

but..its quite cool to hear something and know that it was done on the fly. would like to come check this out sometime!

Message 10/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitar

yea props to you two. Ever think about bringing a puter along and running your voice through it using a nice reverb plugin? Just a suggestion.

Message 11/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

frostbyte

i could swear i heard you move away from the mic to reach for the knob. yah, keep at it  

Message 12/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  03:38 PM     Edit: 02-May-02  |  03:38 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

Maarten

Hmmm, tempting Frostbyte.

Sounds cool indeed and I agreed straight-away that the voice needs to be brought back & 'verbed a bit- but yeah, it's live sooo... I'll just shut it now  
Well done, especially like the bass there!

-M-

Message 13/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

brad

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Yulp, gonna get that new Alesis Ineko for M's vox!! A friend of mine has one and it sounds terrfic! Got a vocoder too, yeah!

Up till now I've been trying to get away w/ putting a little delay on her vox to get them wet...but the verb from the Ineko should just make it so much better.

The monitor situation was less than ideal. Well, really, it's only b/c the soundman wasn't around at all during our set- even after I voluntarily got him dinner, grrrr ;-) He could have just turned up our monitors a bit...mostly all I heard was a cachophony of reflections!

Hey, I figure the monitors are rarely going to be "just right," so might as well get used to it!

This is the first band I've ever been in. I quickly figured out that live situations are rarely ideal- it's either low monitors, feedback, no soundman, it's mono, it's too quiet, something crackles...And if you can't fix the problem, you just have to accept it, get over it, and just do the best set you can. Then you can bitch about it to your friends after the set ;-)

Message 14/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

damballah

or you can get really popular and wealthy and hire me

Message 15/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

I vote for that plan.   But for now, yeah, we get used to the problems. Actually, I was sick as a dog for about a week before that show, was given just enough voice to sing that night, and lost it again. The two songs where I sang in upper register sucked vocally. The good thing is that while I used to want to dig a hole and hide after a substandard performance, now I want to go back and do it right.

Looking forward to that Ineko. Tanx for feedback.

Message 16/23                 Date: 03-May-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitar

Forgot to vote for it the other day. Done.

Message 17/23                 Date: 04-May-02  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

influx

yeah..sure would be nice to have a personal FOH engineer at all gigs, eh?

Gonna hafta get rich and famous to afford Damblahblahs greedy capitalist rates!

Message 18/23                 Date: 05-May-02  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

damballah

not really. the commute would be a bitch though.

Message 19/23                 Date: 05-May-02  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

influx

hehe. 3 days notice enough?

Message 20/23                 Date: 06-May-02  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

Jon

sounds like Garbage

Message 21/23                 Date: 06-May-02  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

influx

serious? like the band Garbage? Or you just dont like it? 

Message 22/23                 Date: 06-May-02  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

Hm, definitely not what I was going for, but I do have some respect for them. Saw them live once & they were good.

Message 23/23                 Date: 06-May-02  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitar

I think he meant the band cuz he used a capital G.

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum