0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: It's been too long...

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 27-Apr-02  @  10:23 AM   -   It's been too long...

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've been out of work for messed up reasons. My computer's been dead for even more messed up reasons. Forunately, everything works out, and I made a new track yesterday... posted as "Through It All". I rough-mixed this one in headphones, so it's most likely really bass-heavy. Is that bad, tho?

For those who would be interested, I recently upgraded to an Athlon XP1800+ with 512 megs of RAM. Mixes that used to take up 70% of my processor now take up 5%. God bless technology (mind you, this was a $400 upgrade)...

Please let me know if you like it. I can't stop listening to it. Miss you guys...

Psylichon

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 27-Apr-02  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: It's been too long...

panama

Link?:  No link

dude, great tune! all you need is a voice and
this tune would be HUGE!

Message 3/16                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: It's been too long...

brett

what did you upgrade from?

Message 4/16                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

psylichon

Link?:  Link

Hey if anyone wants to mess with some lyrics, be my guest. Can't write words to save my life. Just let me hear what you come up with...

the old 'puter was a PIII 800 with 128 megs of RAM. Got a new video card, too, which really speeds up screen redraws (i.e. zooming) in Sonar. Working with loops is near instantaneous now (cutting and moving sections of looped material before induced long wait states). All in all, very pleased...

psylichon

Message 5/16                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

arthur

"128 megs of RAM"

no wonder your new computer is a bit nippy in comparison.

Message 6/16                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: It's been too long...

psylichon

Well, I think it's the speed of the memory more than the size. The old stuff was PC100 (100 MHz) and this new stuff is PC2700 (which is rated up to 350 MHz, but on my current motherboard runs at 275 MHz). That and the video card which I think does a lot. Zooming was slow and choppy before in Sonar.

I was just visiting my parents and used the Athlon 1400 I built for my mom. I cheaped out and used her old 2meg PCI video card when I bought the parts. The difference between her system's performance and mine is REALLY noticeable... much more so than the difference in processor speed or RAM should account for. Video is still one of the top bottlenecks in a system.

psylichon

Message 7/16                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: It's been too long...

panama

this song has potential. If I were you, I'd shop
the tune around to hip-hop dj's looking for a
emotional piece to offset all the hard stuff.

IMO, best DT song ever...

Message 8/16                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

Maarten

Wow, this is nice... love the piano bits. Not my cup of T but sure sounds sweet. When the bass comes in round 0:40 me speakers start cracking somewhat though, should mention I'm on a lappy now btw. Further on in the track the bass sounds better and the cracking is gone.

Really like the keys here.

cheers,

-M-

Message 9/16                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

psylichon

Yeah for some reason my MP3s always crackle at lofi. I've tried EQing, compression, even normalizing to like 90% before compressing to MP3, but nothing helps. I guess I just need to look into other codecs. One would think Sound Forge's codec would suffice tho.

I listened to the track in a friend's "boomobile" and heard low end stuff that I didn't even know I put there. Not good stuff either. I think the bass may be a bit too high, but I need to reference it on other systems before I know for sure. Haven't had work in a real studio for weeks now, but hopefully I'll have a good set of mains to listen on soon.

...actually, I have an interview this Saturday at a new studio. Maybe I'll get to play it then. Wish me luck.

And thanks for the great comments. You made my day!

psylichon

Message 10/16                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

k

yeah man!!... excellent!!! - Did that in SONAR yes?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/16                 Date: 01-May-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

psylichon

Yes Sonar all the way baby (and gigasampler)

Any hip-hoppers out there?

psylichon

Message 12/16                 Date: 04-May-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

xoxos

well it's no wonder it won't stream. wanna upload a verison where i can hear like more than half a measure at once?

Message 13/16                 Date: 05-May-02  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: It's been too long...

psylichon

Get off the 300 baud atari, mi amigo...

:}

I'll see what I can do. 24k/s........

Message 14/16                 Date: 05-May-02  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

sitar

Yea this is a beautiful tune. Shop it! I love the piano composition. I have to write something in this style. Very beautiful melody/chords. And the bass suits the piece nicely. A bit short eh?  

Thanks for the inspiration.

Message 15/16                 Date: 05-May-02  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: It's been too long...

xoxos

it's a coco bro, upgraded to 16k  

Message 16/16                 Date: 06-May-02  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: It's been too long...

GT

too short, abrupt ending imo

mad skills -keyboard melody

wavelab does some mean encoding - check it out

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum