0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: i like mixing with the mouse...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  07:39 PM   -   i like mixing with the mouse...

formant

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

am i the only one on the planet? everyone always complains about it..

i much prefer setting volumes, panning, aux sends etc with my mouse...

sonars user interface is just brilliant, it never occurs to me to miss using real faders.

i mean i have midi control surface (2 banks of 8 vol faders) and can't be bothered to use it... mouse is just easier.

i am the odd man out i guess on this one :-)

jamey

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

It's not like I really mind mixing with a mouse, I just learned on analog desks, so... I also find it faster to work with multiple faders and knobs. I can do more things at one time. Aside from that, a mouse works fine (even though I'll still generally use the keyboard over the mouse if given a choice...).

Peace

Message 3/9                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

knowa

depends on how the mouse is used. drawing in envelopes and curves is dope. using a mouse to tweak a little s/w 'knob' is annoying.

Message 4/9                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

Maarten

My thoughts exactly (about the knob though), used Rebirth for about a month before getting a TB...  

Message 5/9                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

k

Link?:  No link

for edit tweaks yes, cos it's easy to get non-realtime precision & tweak bit by bit till it's perfect - but for linear controller moves where fluidity and some degree of sponenaity is required... controller outboard all the way!

Message 6/9                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  11:35 PM     Edit: 24-Apr-02  |  11:35 PM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

gb

I find the mouse too unreliable to make accurate adjustments. At least as long as we're talking realtime tweaking.

Message 7/9                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

bedwyr

obviously someone needs to invent a knobmouse.

or a mouseknob.

Message 8/9                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

influx

you like mixing with the mouse?

I like mousing with the mix

Message 9/9                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: i like mixing with the mouse...

xoxos

10 points influx.

back in 1991 with a cassette 4 track and 1/2 dozen guitar fx pedals et al mucking with those 4 faders were basically half of my sound. different thing.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum