0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Crossed the line....

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  09:11 AM   -   Crossed the line....

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Added two tracks, Last Lap & Monologue... would appreciate comments on "last Lap". caution : not for the faint-hearted  

Thanks,
-M-

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

panama

Link?:  No link

woah, what tempo is that? 140 bpm?

definitley a good dark vibe. Thought the build
to the measures was not totally thought out,
but good for this sound.

interesting track.

btw, Maarten, I finalised the remix - Sounds
nothing like the orginal at all... the sounds or
the beats...nuttin like it. Anyway, watch out for
it. :-)

Message 3/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  10:12 AM     Edit: 21-Apr-02  |  10:13 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

Maarten

hehe, 170... (grins, lifts shoulders & head takes a 45 degree angle to the side.)  
Basically all my tracks get recorded in a live kinda manner, this brings some not so thought out builds now and then. I'm in need of a soundcard with multiple in's I guess.

Still very anxious to hear the remix man and your saying it's totally different only makes me more intrieged (spelling?)!

Cheers

Message 4/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

influx

intrigued. jeez.

Message 5/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

influx

so when Last Lap breaks a bit at 2:00 or so..the stabby sound..the lower one...would sound SICK with a dope hipassed delay

I like, tho, man. I wish NOTHING ever went boom boom boom boom, but...this is just so fucking aggressive that I cant help but say HELL YEAH.

intrigued

Message 6/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

oldskool

String Temples! Wow, thats a really different direction for you Maarten, I like that quite a funky sound. Reminds me a bit of Plaid. Cool.

Last Lap - You crazy bastard! You're gonna end up breaking that 303! Ha ha, banging mate, might be my speakers but the kick sounded a wee bit high in pitch, other than that, as usual quality tune. Hey you're in the chart with A Paradox to silence - well done, quality.

Got the CD the other day but I have not had a chance to listen to it yet, and where's the track titles man????? ;) I will email you privately when I get the chance to have a good listen and I must do a disc for you too.

Message 7/18                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

sitarsong

This is a great track. They'd have to carry me out of the club on a stretcher 90 seconds into the track   I think it all flows well too. Definately would work in a club. I can easily envision the crowd dancing....especially the group of cute girls over there near the right side.

I like your gif too. Don't know if I had noticed it moving in the past.

Message 8/18                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

Maarten

Thanks for the listen (and the comments / spelling correction)guys!
Oldskool, I plain forgot to write em down, you could see them on the 'puter though. Really looking forward to your comments & remarks.

I'm touched I got you to say something positive on 4/4 influx   and sorry to have given Sitar a heart-attack...

Message 9/18                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

sitarsong

I recovered.   Posting a track is always a good way to get your spelling checked.

Message 10/18                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

influx

hehe. or your attitude

Message 11/18                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

frostbyte

Link?:  Link

i will pull a "sitar" on you Maarten: "I'll give it a listen tonight when i get home" :P

Message 12/18                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  09:01 PM     Edit: 23-Apr-02  |  09:26 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

milan

woha maarten! eeeevil tuuuune  

170bpm? oh hell, it could have been drumnbass if youŽd just put in a sampled snare here and there you know!

anyway, killa sounds you gabber.

hey sitar, this what ppl call tekno around europe.

quite brutal!

evil M is a great track btw! mean and lean, also, nice use of pitchbend. thats probly my favorite amongst your tracks. nice moody vibe, wish you did more of that stuff.

Cheers M, M :P

Message 13/18                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

frostbyte

"clock: : sound of my jaw falling to the floor.

thank you  

i'll have to give a proper listen in the morning otherwise they'll kill me (incidently, they're moving, wonder why) i like what i hear, a lot.

Message 14/18                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

Maarten

hehe, one broken jaw / one heart-attack... I'm doing pretty OK for a Wednesday.  

Cheers,
M ©

:P

Message 15/18                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

frostbyte

sure you'll get a popped skull by friday :D

Message 16/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

Espoo2

Listening to Last Lap.... Smiling....
I LOVE the parts at 2 minutes and at 3 minutes.... FAT....
Damn, I was ready for bed, too... Think I'll go mug someone.

Message 17/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

Maarten

Thanks! I was due on that broken skull, just expected it to be the listener's- not some poor bastard on the street....

Message 18/18                 Date: 01-May-02  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: Crossed the line....

psylichon

Gave a few quick listens:

Last Lap is a real burner! Love the break in the middle and the drums get quite tasty.

Paradox: This one didn't keep my interest as well. Good sounds, but they don't really go anywhere.

string Temples: Great groove! What synth is making that string? Lovin' it... this is the kind of song I like to trip out to. Good polyrhythms and counterpoint... keep doing more of this kind of stuff! I didn't get to the end, but what I was looking for was like a "halftime" section where the drums play slow (You know, kick on 1, snare on 3, slow hat) to change it up. Don't know if I'm describing this well, but you've heard it.

Keep working on the funkier grooves. I think you'll get more people's attention that way... you got skills!

Psylichon

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum