0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: double kickdrum

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 18-Apr-02  @  02:27 PM   -   double kickdrum

headsex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yo!

In many trance or hardhouse trax they have double bassdrums to make a really phat kick.

I need som tip what I should do with eq to make it sound right. When I tried the kicks only collide!

Take care

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 18-Apr-02  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

Drop

I think the trick is to use 2 very different sounding kicks. I try and use 1 acoustic sounding one and 1 synthy sounding one. Works for me.

Message 3/13                 Date: 18-Apr-02  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

woxy

Link?: Link

so you are asking what kickdrum for hardhouse?

;-)

if you have two similar sounding kicks - you could try rolling the top end off one of them and roll the bottom off the other - this should lessen the collision.

cheers
woxy

Message 4/13                 Date: 18-Apr-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

influx

yeah..just imagine them as a puzzle, but youre the one creating the "fit"...so...cant have too much overlapping freq or youll get cancellation/reinforcment, etc...

you need to find a way to mesh them with EQ etc

Message 5/13                 Date: 19-Apr-02  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: double kickdrum

Maarten

I like to use a 808 kick with long decay and a hard 909 kick with short decay over the other and compress the hell out of it!  

Message 6/13                 Date: 19-Apr-02  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

knowa

Link?:  Link

mess with the pitch too. sometimes they have more of a "note" to them than you think.

Message 7/13                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

proximus

I guess you have the cut the volume 50% on each drum if you're gonna double them, if else they will be really loud and probably start cliping..

A friend of mine produces kinda experimental stuff, like Squarepusher's stuff and he tells me he often uses double kick drum too. So it's not just for hardhouse then... BTW, my friend's beats are wonderfull, they are so f.cking complex..

Message 8/13                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

k

was it Front 242?... they sometimes had kicks made of up to 40 layered sounds?

Message 9/13                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

damballah

was it them or Front Line Assembly? oooooo! they're sooo industrial!!

Message 10/13                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

99devils

Front Line Assembly.

I've always admired their sound creation skills.. That should be obvious to anyone who's ever listened to any of my music - I'm an FLA rip-off ;)

-Craig

Message 11/13                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: double kickdrum

k

yeah that's them, 'Front Line Assembly'

Message 12/13                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: double kickdrum

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

well craig, "put it here".

Message 13/13                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: double kickdrum

milan

ok, take it from the top guys: no no no! put it here or we wont go!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum