0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: mastering tips link

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 15-Mar-02  @  01:03 AM   -   mastering tips link

bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

tcelectronic.com

only a little 250kb and it's quite good.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 15-Mar-02  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

xoxos

i had a chat with him about compression and mastering a few years ago.. very engaging. sent me a demo cd. i think he even offered to master a wav of my stuff to demonstrate what he could do, which i guess would be cool.

Message 3/9                 Date: 15-Mar-02  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

woxy

wicked

Message 4/9                 Date: 15-Mar-02  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

Maarten

Link?:  Link

now that's informative.

Message 5/9                 Date: 16-Mar-02  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

Brett B

Link?:  No link

Bobo Katz is great and the entire digital domain website is full of articles about dither and loudness maximization, but keep in mind that he is mastering for audiophiles and the material is usually artsy jazz and classical music which requires much more dynamic range to be preserved.

The dance floor is a much differant place requiring lots of compression that he would recomend against for the type of music he works on for film and high-end home listening. Just keep in mind opinions vary from one engineer to the next. Bobby Owsinski writes a great book with interviews from all the top guys including Bob Katz. "The Mastering Engineers Handbook" It's very informative, but technology is always ahead of paper, but the section on masteirng for vinyl was great. It tought me alot about the details of every process of mastering and pressing cd, vinyl, and surround sound DVD.

Message 6/9                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: mastering tips link

Brett B

I can't believe I wrote Bobo Katz!!!! no disrespect to him I assure you. Just a typo!

Message 7/9                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

xoxos

hah! you're getting all excited just because you wrote him, when i chatted with him. he's dreamy, and now everydoby knows that i was closer to him than you.

spot the error?

Message 8/9                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

Brett B

Everdoby makes mistakes!

Message 9/9                 Date: 19-Mar-02  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: mastering tips link

Pongoid

good doc. nice one. Any more stuff like that?

Ape

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum