0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ new server soon for audio ++

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  07:25 PM   -   ++ new server soon for audio ++

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

coming nearer... that drum&basstrack posted at 40kb sec prompted this... that's about the top limit for modems.. and probably too much - so bare that in mind... sure lo-fi sounds odd if you've spent weeks mixing & listening the track in your studio at hi-fi full-on... but try listening to more lo-fi music and then yours in context!...

anyways, we are now a few weeks closer to getting the server space at telehouse which is slap right on the backbone - after that bandwidth for audio will be no issue for this server running DT - about two weeks or so to wait..... That doesnt mean we then want hi-fi files adding, but that service for streaming files will be more robust even at busy times.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

Breakerbox

Link?: Link

What about giving people couple hifi streams like one or two for each person? About 5-6 megs?
Or give them a choice to either upload 3-4 lofi or 1 hifi track? Sometime I want to burn some tracks on cds but they sound so bad thru hifi speakers...way muddy. Thats probably asking for too much, after all you have done for us, K! Thanks.

Message 3/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

dARKSTATe

What drum'n'bass track? Not ours surely.. ;)

Message 4/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

david G

hey k, guess its my track,

sorry!!! im taking it down and re-encoding it when i have some time. i just need to find a way to make it sound decent enough at 24kb sec....

Message 5/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

k

Link?:  Link

i'm just thinking of the poor modem users,.. I spent 2 terrible years with a modem and it's such a pain not being able to stream media. However, mebbe we could look at d/load ONLY hi-fi versions per user - but that'd be in the future.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

david G

im uploding lower quality tracks (oh yes my music is very low qaulity) now, sorry, i overlooked the smallprint....

Message 7/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

Cloud Nine

Hello K,

We haven't spoken up till now, I suppose we've had no reason to, and I'm still a newbie, but I'd like to second what Breakerbox said - thanks for all you've done - it's a great site - a credit to you.

Message 8/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

k

cheers - but it'd be nowt without the talented userbase   - it's just a tool in the end to use.

Message 9/9                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: ++ new server soon for audio ++

Breakerbox

Thanks again K.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum