0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: come & get me^^feedback

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  05:31 PM   -   come & get me^^feedback

david G

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

drum'n'bass.

this track is really nothing more than breaks & bass.

thx to P.Y. for your voice.

comments pls...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

steve

David, you encoded it a little too high for me to stream without it cutting out and rebuffering every 30 secs or so.

I enjoyed it anyway, nice and minimal. Can`t say its totally my thing but then, when I played some of my stuff to a mate I hadn`t seen in ages the other day he described it as 'lightweight gay jungle, quite noncey' so maybe thats not a bad thing  

Message 3/11                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

druid

Sick! It gave me the feeling like Origin Unknown's 'Truly One' in some parts! I really dig the drum patterns and rythms- has a roni size sounding flava. Good Shit man. I guess if I was to be constructively critical- if the bassline were a little more lively- this would really be some chuggin' shit! Like maybe use 2 quarter notes in some areas to rplace a half note. Yo- I'd like to get your opinion on this track I'm working on as soon as I get it done. peace.

Message 4/11                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

druid

Just voted for Come&GetMe. I think it's the best all around track you've posted. Big props. I really like the pads too. Keep it comin..

Message 5/11                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

k

yeah man... i dont really do drum & bass, but the beat is well crisp!!!!!!! very nice!...pro quality! - welcome aboard mate & keep em coming!

Message 6/11                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

knowa

Link?:  Link

hell yeah. this is great. I started bopping the second the drums came in   nice snappy decay and a funky jungle feel throughout. can't wait to listen at home when my earthlink disc arrives. in terms of criticism, all I could say is maybe you could add another filtered break or ride towards the end just to up the energy a bit. based on what's there now, I'm sure you could do it tasefully. props.

Message 7/11                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

Cloud Nine

Hey David,

Just listened to come and get me - nice track - not strictly my kind of thing - but very well done, with a good feel to it. I like that synth that comes in at 3.15 - what is it?

Message 8/11                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

influx

Link?:  Link

just one suggestion...its a bit typical, but...if you did more of a "call and response" with the bass...so theres the square sounding bass that hits on the downbeat..and then..maybe an 'answer' to it with an entirely different patch?

dunno. just sounds a little bland as is

Message 9/11                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:41 AM     Edit: 07-Mar-02  |  04:03 AM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

david G

File?:  File

moma_1.mp3

thx for the feedback!!!

its the first time other people listen to this track, so i'm open to any sort of criticism.

the bassline was done with the korg proph and filtered trough the turborat distortion, it sounds a bit repetitive yes, gotta change it or add somne 808 booms now and then. the sound that comes in at 3 mins or so is an epiano sound i mangled in soundforge, played by the sampler. its the file i attached.

yes, i think im going to try the call and response thing on other tracks. hey what encoders do you use??? if i encode my stuff at lower quality it sounds like a 1 bit recording at 2 khz...

just an experiment, like all my other tracks, but im happy about any feedback!

david

Message 10/11                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

woxy

Link?: Link

like it - but the bass does sound a bit bland to me - maybe just needs some delay or compressing into the mix or something? - just sounds very dry at the moment.

beats are lovely and crisp!

woxy

Message 11/11                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: come & get me^^feedback

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

i like this.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum