0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 new borns :)

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 03-Mar-02  @  12:43 PM   -   2 new borns :)

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

(And now in the correct forum)

Especialy intersted of what you think of A Paradox to Silence, it was intended to be "a wall of sound" hitting you but I think I put to many sounds in the same frequency. And it's 8 1/2 minutes long! Does it stay interseting or should I try to shorten a bit?

cheers, -M-

PS, thanks for your mail Frostbyte, really encouraging! ;)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 03-Mar-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

milan

mmm...yeah... aahhh...erm, i can deffinitely relate to the wall of sound bit!   or like good agressive sex!   great intro, great middle, and really like how everything becomes really MAAAD distorted towards the end. only thing i dont like is some of the 303 stuff from 4.20-6.00. sounds a bit too much "josh wink" for me. but otherwise its great!

you know, few bits remind me of my Ascender track sound-wise, but maybe i´m just flattering myself too much. your shit is more progressive.

good work -M-! cheers, M :P

Message 3/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Frostbyte

Link?:  Link

Listen to it you lemingiistic fuckers, this is the real shit, unbiased. You're all gonna be crushed. Wheter you like it or not.

PROPER !!!!!!!

Listen and learn !!!

ps: i'll spank you if you stop, send me a wave, now!!!!!

ok, i'll admit, i'm a sucker for thisz !

Blue Fongee, mooooiiinnndddd youuuu!!!!!

Your proper shit nateeeeeeee !

Oi !!!!!!

I'm from Quebec, so make up your own jokes !

Tear gaz brothers unite !!!!!

Message 4/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Frostbyte

you made it to the charts didn't you !!!!!

I'm MAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD

SUF really goes down well here.

Just as progessive. We're Quebec mind you.

Message 5/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Frostbyte

QUEBEC, MIND YOU !!!!!!

where's eight way buddah !!!!

Message 6/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

xoxos

the noise sweep/wavering high loop bit is chrome/helios creed to a tee. great beat at the end.

frostbyte and 8way?

Message 7/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  11:41 AM     Edit: 04-Mar-02  |  12:33 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Maarten

hehe, thanks for the comments M , and your persistence Frostbyte!  ))

-M- ©

Message 8/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

sitarsong

I'm a sucker for frogs so I was a captive audience from the get go. This is a cool track. Great idea throughout. You asked if it may be too long. I don't think so. The only part that you might think about shortening or breaking up at a spot or two with something else is the arpeggiated synth where you play with the filter cutoff. It starts at about 4 and change, and goes right up to 7:00. Not necessarily, it's a cool part of the track and lo fi might be taking a bit away from the impact. I like it. Good stuff.

Message 9/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Frostbyte

Oh, I hate it when I have to seek every thread I littered with my alcohol induced insanity.

xoxos, wish i was eight way, he had some of the best tracks.

My remarks still stand tho'  

Message 10/13                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Deano

Link?:  No link

Too long? Nah, I could listen to another 10
minutes of this at least. The way it keep evolving
it's more like a set than a track anyway. Lovely!

Message 11/13                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

oldskool

Footprint - very nice funky bline, almost sounds like you got Bootsy playing a bass with ya. Cool.

A paradox to silence - Good track, but I'm gonna play devils advocate here - the 303 distortion doesn't seem to sound as raw as on some of your other tracks although it is still effective it just sounds a bit more "polite". Love the 808 percussion! As for the mix I reckon a bit of eq'ing to separate some of the mid bass frequencies would give a bit more percussivness (ok, I made that word up!) Still a fucking monster of a track though! Nice flow and some good dynamics, get that off to Smitten or the Libs - now!

Well done bruv  

Message 12/13                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

oldskool

Oh yeah my email ain't playing ball at the moment (just put XP on me puter) got your mail, will reply soon and get the stuff sorted. Sorry for the delay mate.

Message 13/13                 Date: 08-Mar-02  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: 2 new borns :)

Maarten

No rush Daren, I'm yet to finish enough to make it at least a bit interesting for crossing the channel by mail  Thanks for your comments, I take everyone's input very seriously but your background lies in this type of stuff so I'm definately glad you enjoyed this one...
Yeah, aware of the mix and will throw in my old excuse : need monitors and decent mixer- it's on top of my wishlist-, hehe... sad no? ;)

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum