0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  12:03 AM   -   Caribbean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Intelligent Techno Caribbean HipHop (or ITCH) that is. Try to dance to the first minute and then try not to dance to the rest. The way I like it. Still having trouble mixing but it's far far better than the last track I put up. Comments welcom.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

It's called Carib Hop. Stupid name I know.

Message 3/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

nothingnewhere

sounds alot like EBM to me man... :-)

Message 4/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

Emerson Bake 'eMpalmer? Thanks for listening.

I put up a new and better sounding mix of it. I renamed it "Becoming" so that I could keep it in the same directory on my computer without calling it XXX_2. So have a listen to Becoming instead of Carib Hop.

Message 5/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

WOXY

i like dem beats! very chunky - - in fact i really really like it up to 1:26 - - then the high lead line er... didn't really do it for me - - but then thats my opinion - - - like everything else tho' - the carib riff is cool

woxy

Message 6/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

xoxos

smells like rain.. love that beep, like riding the main.. the main.. uuh.. wait.. that part only exists in.. WHERE WAS I??

spiralling yucca. ask me about leaves.

Message 7/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

Marc Dark

Link?:  No link

On a shTTty public terminal in Edinburgh airport at the mo' so can't listen to it... but will do when I get back!

Ahhh... haggis! :-)

Message 8/28                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

Link?:  Link

Thanks all. What's with those haggis? What are they again? I had the best kabobs in London or so I was told by Nishat Khan who took me to the shop. Damned if I remember where it was or what it was called.

Message 9/28                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

I think I got the mix sorted out. It's called Caribb Hop again. It's not easy being me.

Message 10/28                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

Frostbyte

cool track, it's got your imprint allright. That lead sound, XL-1 ? Mix is loud and clear on my end.

Only prob is it rebuffers to no end, had to dl.

sort it out for us dial-up bums. or better yet send me a disc, i'll trade you a book for it  

Message 11/28                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

The rebuffering might be the temporary server thing K was talking about. I listened last night after uploading and it was fine on my 56k. Sorry about that though. No XL-1 on this (IN DEFERENCE TO XOXOS). The caribbean riff, if that's what you're talking about is working the velocities on layered organ presets. Thanks for listening. Someday when I get good at this, you'll be hearing some awesome tracks that won't have my imprint on them. :P Sorry about that too.

Message 12/28                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

knowa

look at you, bragging about your presets again  IMHO there's a bit too much "shhh" and "ssst" type sounds in the mix with the sizzly, white noise-y hat sounds that come in at 0:20. at 3:58, they drop out for a bar or two and it sounds real good. I would like it better if they dropped out more often or for longer maybe even didn't appear until later in the track as a crescendo. anyway, 2 cents.

Message 13/28                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

Thanks Knowa. Don't mess with my presets :P

I guess I like the hats I have in the mix. I think they add something to the slipping in and out of the other drums in the kit. But thanks. I'll listen again with that in mind.

Message 14/28                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

knowa

I should have noted that perhaps the computer speakers I must listen on accentuate the "sshhh" sounds. I think we have pretty different taste in general too, so a grain of salt, with one my comments should be taken. just wanted to comment cuz work is slow this week.

Message 15/28                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

That's ok Knowa. I appreciate the input. My taste is varied. Just trying different things. Next will be a trance track most likely.

Message 16/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

marianimal

Actually my taste is pretty different from Sitar's too but I really like this one. The noisiness of it appeals to me.

Message 17/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

Thanks Marianimal. Like I was saying, I haven't really developed anything like a style yet. Just doing different things. I still rarely use my sampler which would make a big difference in the way I write. Problem is that my time is so tight, if I have to start loading samples and playing with them I'd never get anything done. If I don't start and finish a track on my days off from work it usually goes into the recycle bin the next week.

Message 18/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

Also when I sit down to do a track I don't really think in terms of a genre. Maybe I need to do that. Like I had no thought in mind of writing a hip hop groove when I started this track. It just morphed. A case of the tail wagging the dog I guess. Or monsters of the id if you will  

Message 19/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

Marc_D

S'all about priorities... Just gotta squeeze more time with your lovely kit Sitar! No excuses...

I think you should give me your kit NOW.. ;)

You're obviously not getting full VFM from it!!!

Message 20/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

I still need a few more mastering packages. Then I'll have a reason to finish something :P

Was is VFM???

Message 21/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

knowa

Venison, Foul and Mutton, I guess; you know how those brits are about food. my demo expired but whoo doggie sitar, the Waves Ultramaximizer !? Could there be a more happy-to-know-you mastering plug-in?

Message 22/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

Thanks Knowa but I was joking. I'm loaded with mastering stuff. Izotope is dope.

Message 23/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

steve

Value For Money.

I`ll have a lard pie please.

Message 24/28                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

influx

FOUL? like..FOUL venison? ewwww.

I like the track as is

Message 25/28                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

THANKS INFLUX...THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE  

(Just trying to start a fight. Nobody ever fights in my threads. Makes me feel deprived)

Message 26/28                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

dARKSTATe

Sounds good, I like it... though I gotta say I prefer it once it gets going about 1 minute or so in...

I can hear a version of this with some kind of spare, but mad vocal, in a re-mix stylee if you will...

AND GET SOME FINISHED VERSIONS OUT DAMNIT!!! So we can listen to it properly...  

Marc_D

Message 27/28                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

Thanks Marc. Nothing to do today?   Yea it needs a wild rap artist for one thing. I might change out the bass for a dx bass or something too. Influx hates the bass, but it was the only thing that that I came up with that worked in the track in a time pinch. (But that's what I love about getting my tracks down in midi first whenever possible). If it ever gets finished, it'll still be on a techno cd and the beginning will make more sense in that context. I'll probably compose the ending of the track before it to transition into the beginning of this one. Then boom! Hip hop. I like the way it sneaks into the hip hop groove.

Message 28/28                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

damballah

Influx? REASON? I thought that were someone else.

hey, what's this cc#7 for?

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum