0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Behringer Eurodesk

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 22-Feb-02  @  11:23 AM   -   Behringer Eurodesk

stephen

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

After several years of avoiding spending any money on outboard gear and instead using any money I could spare on Midi stuff (even thats not a great deal)I have now decided to bite the bullet and get a new mixing desk. The borrowed Studiomaster live 8 ch desk just doesnt cut it anymore, especially the crackle on the mid pots!

Anyway I have a grand to spend and was thinking of getting a Behringer Eurodesk MX2442A (£499) and the spending the rest on a couple of compressors and maybe an fx unit/new sound card. Alternatively I could get the equivalant Mackie desk for around £700.

Does anyone use Eurodesks, and if so are they any good? Ive read the power units have been a problem, is this true? Is the audio clarity or noise levels really that more impressive on the Mackie and could you really notice them unless youd read the specs?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 22-Feb-02  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Behringer Eurodesk

99devils

Link?: Link

I can't comment on that specific mixer, but I recently picked up the little 10-channel jobber for a live keyboard submixer. I have to say, I am more impressed with this $120 mixer than I am with our singer's 1402VLZ.

-Craig

Message 3/3                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Behringer Eurodesk

Purple Haze

Link?:  No link

Stephen, I've got a 3282A (I think, can't seem to remember numbers). I Don't know about the eq's and such since the only other eq's I ever used were software ones. I've had it for about 3 years. It got allmost no use during about one year. It broke up on me once but was fixed by the store I bought it from for zilch.
About the noise: well, I can only say that more than 95% (this is an estimate ofcourse ;) of the noise that comes out of it is being fed into it by the synths/samplers/fx units attached to it, so the noise is really nothing to worry about.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum