0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Smapler for Drumming

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  11:32 AM   -   Smapler for Drumming

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Quick one.. just after some advice on choosing a simple, cheap, multisample (keygroup) assignable sampler that our drummer can gig and trigger samples via his midi pads (octapad or something)...

Prolly won't need more than a few meg to hold the smaples...

So far been recommended a 2ndhand Akai S950 or an ESI32... (Between £150 - £300 for each depending on the extras they're being sold with)

Any help appreciated.. cheers!

Marc_D

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Esi is nice (filters) but the akais suppsedly are punchier (don't have one)

Message 3/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

dARKSTATe

Been hearing that.... I'm also coming at it from more an ease-of-use/setup angle, giggability and just plain ole value for money...

The smaples themselves will most likely source from material already sourced in the studio so any extra on the sound like punchiness, filters etc. is just a bonus more than anything else...

Message 4/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

steve

Link?:  No link

Doesn`t the 950 have jacks where you can insert drum triggers straight in or something? Either way, the akai will hold up to life on the road much better - just change the backlight every now and then and the bugger will keep going.

Message 5/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

99devils

S2000! S2000! S2000!

-Craig

Message 6/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

dARKSTATe

Ah fuckit!!!

Just been checking the classified ads... seeing S2000s with generally more memory for only a little more than some of the expanded s950s and the ESI32s... we *REALLY* can't spend more than £350 on this smapler though, its meant to be a quick and usable purchase...

I know there's quite a few differences between the S950 and the S2000, but craig.. purely from a musicians/gigging/usability point of view... why an s2000 over an s950 and WHY are s950s still going for so much then???

(Thanks once again in advance for any advice!)

Marc_D

Message 7/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

99devils

See my response in music/tech  

Goddamn cross-posters!

-Craig

Message 8/9                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah. tsk tsk marc

Message 9/9                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Smapler for Drumming

dARKSTATe

I know I know... sorry guys... my bad!

(Thanx for the tips though!)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum