0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Filters

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  05:33 PM   -   Filters

sector7g

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

How important are filters in house music, compared to effects. I am asking because I am about to buy a new sampler. I have narrowed the search down to either one of the Yamaha A-series (A4000 or A5000), or one of the Emu Ultra-series (e5000 or E6400). I understand that the filters are better on the Emu's and the effects are better on the Yammy's. I plan on using the sampler as the heart of my studio, which will be used for House Music production. Any advise, comments, or snyde remarks are welcome.

Thanks,
Richard

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Filters

99devils

Link?: Link

Personally, I'd say that the filters are more important than the effects. My Akai S6000's effects are really more of a convenience. I use 'em live, but when I record I use software effects. The FX you can get in software crush the built-in effects in any sampler, IMHO.

-Craig

Message 3/5                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Filters

influx

the yamaha filters are plenty good. If its gonna be your sole box (IE no external FX and the like) then I would say get the yamaha. Has some quirks Ive heard but the FX are way cool and the filters sound fine!

plus you can burn your own CDs from it to make sample CDs!

Message 4/5                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Filters

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I'd say sound quality in general is most important, so I'd say something like an older E-mu (E3, Emax, Emax2, etc.), or Ensoniq ASR10. I use an A3000, and it's a very convenient tool with good filters and effects, might even call it a desert island sampler, but it just doesn't sound like the old E-mu samplers or ensoniq. Not as big, not as warm, not as thick. Very accurate, but lacking the dynamics.

Ape

Message 5/5                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Filters

influx

yeah but the older ones dont have the features that a newer model sampler offers

New Emus work great too, and are CHEAP now! Ive seen E6400 "classic" for $450!!! sheesh.

FX SUCK on them though. Totally worthless

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum