0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Listen to my 2 new songs

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  07:12 AM   -   Listen to my 2 new songs

EcstaticHigH

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey everyone goto my website www.mp3.com/ecstatichigh and listen to my 2 new songs, Violet Light and Mind Factory.

Thanx for supporting me
Peace

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

influx

Link?:  Link

why cant you put them HERE like everyone else does? come on, man!

do you realize how few of us actually have broadband? eh?

and do you also realize that the BEST way to get people to listen to your music is to make it EASY on them? To expect someone to go to that asshole MP3.COMMERCIAL site and wade through the SHIT there, JUST to hear your music...

aww man. wake up!

Message 3/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

bedwyr

come on eh, you know the score.

Message 4/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

EcstaticHigH

sorry I'm just lazy, and when ever I put my songs up here they sound like shit remember.

Message 5/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

Maarten

too easy

Message 6/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

xoxos

i like shit. put it err them up here  

Message 7/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

xoxos

thanks influx for saying your "come on, man!" line  

Message 8/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

influx

I think thats something I say a lot, no?

EH...you are a trip, my man. where are you from?

Message 9/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

EcstaticHigH

i'm from Long Island, Ny, but I goto the University of Maryland right now.

Message 10/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  09:34 PM     Edit: 07-Feb-02  |  09:36 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

panama

dunno, Ecstatic - you music sounds limited. Sounds like you hooked up a XL-1 and made some music. Not much inspiration in this. The sounds are decent, but I'm just not feeling it.

Message 11/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

EcstaticHigH

I appreciate your honesty. Honestly, the only track up thee that I like is Violet Light. These tracks were like part of my learning process, the first tracks that i ever made. So each time I make a new track it's better then my last one. I think where I am now with maybe Violet Light and the tracks that I'm working on right now I am happy and experienced enough that I would send them out to a label as a demo.

I mean I'm not saying these tracks are great, but listen to like Elastisize and Blinking Visions(my first 2 songs) and Compare them to Violet Light. There definitely was a huge improvement.

Message 12/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

0/d

Listened to violet light,first of all do something with that kick and hi hats cause I listened to it fairly loud and they sit way back in the mix,I can see why you were fairly proud of it cause there is a good basic production there,cool ideas with the melody, needs a lot more variation and that wooshy fitered thing got a tad annoying after about 8 minutes of the same three notes over and over again,you might be suprised but a subtle simple sustained string might sound a bit better,even if it was varied between the two,maybe it was the mix but nothing jumped out and led the song,like the way you tried changing the tracks timbre with the bass line taking the lead,nice trick but its been done to death by now.

Overall,without my usual bullshit ranting,I'd say I liked it you have a decent trance track with potential,but it is standard run off the mill done before trance with all the tricks,experiment with your productions and don't be afraid of abrupt changes and interesting percussion.

Message 13/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

EcstaticHigH

what exactly do you mean about the kick and high hats sitting in the back of the mix. I didn't reverb or echo them or anything so how can I make them sound better.

Message 14/23                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

0/d

volume and eq

Message 15/23                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  12:43 AM     Edit: 08-Feb-02  |  01:33 AM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

influx

did you go check out prorec.com yet?

jesus

Message 16/23                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

EcstaticHigH

yes I've read almost every article at prorec. Which ones exactly will help me with what I need help with?

Message 17/23                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

influx

uh...not sure, man

Message 18/23                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

bedwyr

eh, you've go to stop right now and start thinking.

here's a tip : why don't you encode a track by some producer you think is the bollox and encode it at 24/22? using the same encoder as you use for your tracks. things don't sound like shit after encoding if they sound good in the first place.

i've said this before but you just don't listen. what do i care?

Message 19/23                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

k

it's NOT the sounds.. take that track ICEWORLD... after the portamento lead intro ends you expect it to then DO something, but no!!... instead it just stops & then there's a chunk of 16 or so bars dumped into the track doing absolutely fuck-all before the next synth part starts again - The beat NEVER picks up... at 2 minutes 59 seconds it's STILL idling along with a pruned down intro beat of basic hat & kik....

The BASSLINE IS INAUDIBLE too...

SO.... forget the 'quality of the sound when encoded' and all that pretentious bollox , sort out your structure mate...

I think the thing is we here are not going to be swayed by 'hi-fi' encoding - hi-fi OR lo-fi the STRUCTURE & PRODUCTION is going to be audible just fine no matter if it was recorded at 8 bit... 'hi-fi' quality insistance is just a ruse people use to detract from the REAL important issues...

that track starts ok, but when it SHOULD go somewhere it simply does nothing at all... the same hat/kik pattern just slung over the top as an afterthought which does nothing and goes no-where.. even an interesting pattern would be better than nothing but 4x4 kik with a simple offbeast hat ALL THE WAY THRU!!!... no layering, no building, nothing.....

I would suggest you forget about your synth parts and sort out the drums & bassline & work on producing THAT structure with a flow, builds, progresses & has excitement....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/23                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

k

again, "Violet Light" - goes no-where... by 2.48 it hasn't done a single thing... bored, turn off.. next...

"Mind Factory" - again, goes no-where... by 2.00 it hasn't done a single thing... bored, turn off.. what you need to do is dump the first 2 minutes cos the track starts around then...but by 3.38 there's still not even a beat introduced!!

this seems to be a recurring theme in your work therefore, and I suggest a solution.

GO CLUBBING!!!!!..  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 21/23                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

influx

now THERE is a proper review.

I might ad that kilo points out that things are boring after 2:00 or so?

99.9999999% of people wont even get that far, man. Its a very good idea to get in a LOT faster

Message 22/23                 Date: 10-Feb-02  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

k

I dont mean it in a negative way... the contents of the synth parts is good, but the structure of the backing & the drum parts working with the bass in the overall production don't support them.... it could be so much better & then the synth parts would shine better.

Message 23/23                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: Listen to my 2 new songs

robtronik

Link?:  No link

sounds no different from the Bedrock stuff coming out that is long and winding.

I am listening to Sahara Desert...its good from a deep trance perspective. A DJ could work this track.

Haven't listened to the others yet...

rob.

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum