0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Smapler poll

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:40 PM   -   Smapler poll

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I was curious as to what kind of samplers everyone is using, and how they're spec'd.. I thought it might be nice for everyone to post their sampler, if nothing else than to make it easyto find others who have the same thing if you have any questions or problems.

I'm using an Akai S6000 studio, 128 voice, 16 out w/FX, 72MB of RAM, and a 4GB hard disk. I'm looking to get the Ak.Sys USB connector for it soon too.

Previously, I used a bone-stock S2000 with 2 outs, 32MB RAM and a zip drive.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

nothingnewhere

Roland S-550. 16 voices, 1.5 meg ram 12bit/15 or 30khz.

i want a newer yamaha sampler so i can do lots of sampled things in a track instead of just 1 or 2.

Message 3/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

milan

Link?:  Link

EMU ESI2000, 64Mb, 8 outs and fx added. external HD 2Gb and scsi to pc.

oh, and fake scsi drivers so my smapler shows up in the h/w manager as "emu sampler" and not "scsi device No...." 

i guess exs24 or the like could easily replace it, but i like harware. and i like the sound.

Message 4/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Yamaha a4k...36 meg and zipdrive (Zip100) and very happy with it despite it's quirks...I could do with a deteachable screen + controllers and faster diskloading times...

Message 5/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

steve

e-mu 6400 ultra with 16 outs, 32mb, zip100 and an internal 10gig drive with the planet phatt/orbit/e-synth roms copied onto.

Completely fucking useless now unless your idea of fun is having one hand hovering over your pc keyboard and mouse operating a buggy editor whilst the other is on the data wheel because e-mu decided a hugely expensive sampler needs incredibly cheap buttons that wearout and double/triple/quadruple trigger everytime you press them.

Not that I`m bitter you understand.

Using exs24 now which is basic as hell but inergrates beautifully into logic and sounds noticably tighter. Gonna get the e-mu fixed when money allows and sell it off, a bit sad really cos I love the bugger but not as sad as the humungous depreciation I`ll be taking a bite on.

Message 6/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link

Akai S2000 - 8 outs - 32Mb
SCSI to PC running MESA (eventually i got it working).

Cool when it is all working...Amazing filter
on it. But lacking any effects.

Message 7/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

bedwyr

yamaha a3000 v.1 34mb. never use it anymore, but if i get a soundcard with multi ins, and a decent midi interface, i might start. like steve i'm using exs24 in logic, mainly for drums and percussion. and some trombone.

Message 8/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

k

e-max for the 12-bit/curtis filters/awesome sound & Logic EXS24.

Message 9/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

99devils

I think I'd be more interested in software sampling if it was still just me.. Now I've got a band, and a practice space away from my studio. I gotta have hardware for that 'cause we play live (soon to be playing live a lot) and I don't trust lappys..

-Craig

Message 10/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

toast

I've got an emax and an esi 2000 but they never get used anymore. Battery and the EXS24 cover all my needs. I'm looking forward to the new soft samplers with good filters coming out though. The one from NI and emu's software ultra both look tasty.

Message 11/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Stvy

Hi,

I've got an MPC2000XL, with 32MB, effects board, mulit-outs, and flash rom. I'm very happy with it but I use recycle all the time and its a real pain not being able to do SCSI transfers. Thats why I'm looking into an MPC4000 with akai.sys USB transfer. I'll sell the MPC2000XL then, for a LOT less than i paid for it!

Also got EXS24 for my logic plat but I've never used it yet, just got to get the oppurtunity to get into it next project....

Cheers

Stvy

Message 12/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

influx

"a bowling ball and a burrito"

with the filter expansion, of course

Message 13/31                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  06:41 PM     Edit: 08-Feb-02  |  06:42 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

99devils

"A choir of retards"

-Craig

Message 14/31                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Pongoid

Hey, that's my secret weapon. What the fuck dude? Keep that shit quiet. ;)

also an a3000, and sometimes an EIIIxs (NICE SOUND!!!!!)

Ape

Message 15/31                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

influx

what about that new phlegmatic transmogrifier? Ive REALLY been drooling over that thing

might make my bowling ball and burrito setup obsolete, and 99/pongoids retard choir just plain useless

damn its hard to keep up with technology!

Message 16/31                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

0/d

A5000 with 64 meg,zip drive and a crap 300meg hard drive with an exceptionally loud and unrelenting *searching* sound.I love it though, it is used for everything,its outputs are connected straight to the cdr.

Message 17/31                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

k

too late mate, the 'phlegmatic transmogrifier MkII' is already out!... and it only works on XP!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/31                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

influx

aww feck!!!!!

well..will they at least update the driver features for the V1? I mean...are they just gonna leave us PT1 users in the fucking DUST?

corporate bastards. Product support practially NIL. Maybe Ill convert to the ionic symphonic instantizer! Im sick of this shit. I mean...

argh!

Message 19/31                 Date: 10-Feb-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Pongoid

Help!!!! My retards ran out of speed last night, and have spent the past few hours drooling, and acting in a rather discontented fashion. That and they seem to be getting their appetites back, which can make them a bit unruly, especially the younger males. It's also a pain; trying to use drooled-on microphones. The room's going to be smelling of thrown poo soon, if I can't find the hook-up. My usual guy is out of town, and Paris is dry. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to thumbscrews and oatmeal soon. Hope everybody else's smaplers are a little better behaved.  

Ape

Message 20/31                 Date: 11-Feb-02  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

nasir

K2000 smp-k

Message 21/31                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

99devils

Sorry Ape, that's just the funniest thing I think I've ever read online  

-Craig

Message 22/31                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

krom303

a3000 v2. hd, 66mb, it has 4 outs, im happy with it, wouldnt use the features of an mpxcemuxlesi40000 anyway. and i paid verty little £ for it....

as somebody said:
"shit in => shit out", and thats all the knowledge you need for using a sampler....

Message 23/31                 Date: 19-Feb-02  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Maarten

MPC2000xl, efx board, *no* extra outs   , 18mb and Jaz drive connected... very happy with the way it works and lets you be creative but I'm missing better filters, LFO's and effects. Hence I might want a dedicated sampler next to it after I get new monitors, new mixer, analoge-synth and lottery prize  

Message 24/31                 Date: 20-Feb-02  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

FusionMusicMan

Mines a Yamaha A4000 with 6.4 gig internal hdd, 64 megs ram, expansion to give 10 outs total + digi in's and outs. It's a great sampler, unique fx and good filters, although im using EXS24 a lot at the moment it is basic, but it dosnt have noisy outputs like the A4000.

Im thinking of selling the yammy and upgrading my pc to cope with more exs's, if i do that i'll also get the new m-audio delta 410 (10 outs for exs) and kenton control live (the yammy's nobs are crap anyway so this would be a big improvement + i'd have soft synth control)

Now iv'e finished persuading myself you can carry on.

Fusion:')

Message 25/31                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

klaseed

Emu E6400 Ultra w 32M memory, 9GB external SCSI HD. I love it. It is pretty much all I use. Yes, I could use more outputs, and I don't really like the effects (and I can't afford the prices Emu charges for the expansions...), but it's still a great machine. The filters sound great, once you figure out how to use them properly.

Message 26/31                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

influx

guitar center had the output expansions for $99 for a while

Message 27/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Paleface

S3000XL, 32mb, 100mb Zip drive. It's been at home waiting for me for six weeks, whilst I'm at uni... will be in the studio in three or four weeks, cranking out the first demo tracks with any luck though.

If my rm1x gets fixed. It's taking the piss now, and making me seriously annoyed.

Message 28/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

woxy

EMU E64, 64MB, 8outs, running EOS Classic O/S, Syquest E-Z Flyer 230MB drive and SCSI link to PC.

+

EMU EMAX for 12bit crunch-y-ness & wickeedo-filter-action

Steve - I know what you mean about the buttons wearing out - - but I got mine cleaned (not replaced) when I took it in to have the rotary dial replaced (which was fucked). They work fine again now.

woxy

Message 29/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

knowa

I have an 8-out S2000 that I'm gonna trade for a midi guitar. I just use Battery or a rewired reason nn19 and will prolly end up getting Kontakt if its up to NI standards. I'm totally against HW because I'm not interested in performing and like crashing my computer. HTH

Message 30/31                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Frostbyte

I met a choir of retards once, couldn't get anything out of them, they were too busy chewing their foreheads with their lower jaw.

ESI-2000, 32 mb, no turbo board  
(I can't believe I actually bought this new, my sole error in terms of purchase so far)

Message 31/31                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Brett B

E4 128mgs, internal 500mb scsi HD perfect for using "Disk to CD" to make back ups. yes the filters are why i bought it. I can multi-sample an analog every 3rd note and you can't tell it's a sampler playing a riff. It was cunbersom to learn the os though as stated. I find softsamplers to be much easier to use and faster to demo sounds. I need to check this exs24 thing out. I am getting a mac w/PT mix24 on it and was thinking of turning this box into a giga studio and selling the E4.

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum