0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Its been a WHILE but....

Viewing all 33 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  05:33 AM   -   Its been a WHILE but....

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I loaded a new track. "Loose_N_Messy"

me and the RS7000. "Live" sequence manipulation. TOTALLY sloppy

not horrible..it was fun. and wavelab MP3 encoder works pretty damn good!

dunno..I havent really done SHIT since august.

Aint it funny when the strings come in all loud? that was me TRYING to fade em in and out...but...the RS "JUMPS" to the level when you touch a knob. Dunno if you can change that, but I would like to have it like the virus where it only moves once you hit the level it 'was' at...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

who the HELL voted for this already?

hahahah! fast

Message 3/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

that was me. i must have caught it right after you posted.

its nice. :-)

Message 4/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

Breakerbox

sounds badass..as usual.  

Message 5/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  10:02 PM     Edit: 02-Feb-02  |  10:03 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

panama

Dunno how you got your head around the RS!I played one today, and it's all ass backwards compared to the Akai... dunno - I couldn't really get the feel for the unit.

I dig the drums in this tune - but the melody/bassline needs some changing.

Message 6/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

"but the melody/bassline needs some changing. "

yeah. gets a bit bland. It really is about 2 days work, just pissin around

"Dunno how you got your head around the RS!I played one today, and it's all ass backwards compared to the Akai.."

well..I DIDNT "get my head around" it yet. Thats why that track sounds so funny with sounds popping in when theyre not supposed to, etc. I havent gotten past punching tracks in in and out ala MMT8!

as for being backasswards to an akai? well..I didnt learn the MPC I had but Ive gotten farther with this than I would have with that one...so...

plus the potential is just that much greater on the RS

Message 7/33                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

Influx, I'm out of town. I'll listen when I'm back early in the week. :P

Message 8/33                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

Maarten

Damn that's some good stuff! Drums are awsome... The bassline could indeed need some subtle change further on in the track though... missing some evolution there. Otherwise, I am impressed.

Message 9/33                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

Maarten

BTW, what's with Redshift being the exact same track?

Message 10/33                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

its not exactly the same. did it differently on the redshift version, and the sounds are a bit different too. it didnt come out as good

the final version will be called "Redshift" (dunno why but the names that pop in my head are often astronomically slanted. odd)...

thanks for listenin, man! I will definitely do something to the bass. Probably wont even use the same soudn since its just the RS7000...

Message 11/33                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

monkeyboy

that all done on the RS?...very impressive. cool drum sounds. cheers.

Message 12/33                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  11:17 AM     Edit: 04-Feb-02  |  11:26 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

bedwyr

it's encoded very well in wavelab, did you use any mastering on it? and is it 22k?

oh, and it's a cool track as well. seems like a nice box, but i'm not buying any more hardware after my preamp.

and you know what would be good is if when ppl posted tracks in this forum, they also made a link to the track in the post. ^ maybe.

Message 13/33                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

loudness maximizer is all. wavelab 28/22

thanks for listening, and yeah..the link thang. good point. save even more effort eh?

Message 14/33                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

knowa

sounds good, tough, and sinister, as you tend to. can't say much cuz my computer speakers are acting all funny, though, so I have to turn them up to 10 to hear anything. any idea why the playing these DT mp3s defaults to quicktime not realplayer like my old PC?

Message 15/33                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

cuz quicktime is set as your default player. usually from within the prog.

tough and sinister. hehe.

Message 16/33                 Date: 15-Feb-02  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

Sorry I haven't listened yet Influx. I actually haven't been well and I need to get through the next couple of days with these doctors before I can listen properly. No biggie. Just not up to where I can listen to anything. Hardly been writing anything either.

Message 17/33                 Date: 15-Feb-02  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

whats funny is sitar always seems to think we're gonna hunt him down if he don't give a listen.

whats with your health? you gonna make it?

Message 18/33                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

Oh yea. Absolutely. When I don't listen to tracks for a while, I make sure I have my 12 guage within reach. It's just you guys always listen to my tracks. And I want to be more supportive too but I'm not always.

I was put under anesthesia yesterday. The doctor is a woman. She's great. Very warm, concerned, charming humor, good natured and very holistic. I really felt embraced by her. It was funny. Kind of like out of a movie. I was given blood in the morning and she used the same intravenous line to administer the anesthesia. She told me to tell her when I started to feel dizzy cuz she didn't want to put me too much under. She asked, "Are you feeling dizzy yet?" I checked myself mentally for a couple of seconds and said no, nothing yet. That's the last thing I remember saying. Anyway, I'm ok. Been sleeping most of today though. Hopefully I'll listen tomorrow.

So I'm keeping my 12 guage with arms reach.

Message 19/33                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

whats wrong with you?

Message 20/33                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

Nothing's wrong with me. Everybody's allowed to own a 12 guage in America.

Message 21/33                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

Frostbyte

LOL , get well quick

and Influx, good track. Tough yes, I don't know if i'd call it sinister tho'

off to check that box  

Message 22/33                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

I can get sinister out of it. Another great track dude. I dig breakbeat rhythms. It's that take no prisoners attitude. Your drums always have a crisp sound to them. Nice.

Message 23/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

Nice feel too with that synth and then when the bass comes in. Your drums are always well defined and sharp is what I think I was trying to say.

Message 24/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

thanks. still wondering whats wrong with you. why the anasthetized state?

Message 25/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

Jeez. Everybody else does ecstasy, reefer, mushrooms. I get anesthesized once and it's an issue. :P

Message 26/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

damballah

I wanna be sedated

Message 27/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

It's the bomb.

Message 28/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

yeah. great. wake up semi-insane, and puking for hours. lots of fun

might as well drink dran-o

Message 29/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

Frostbyte

"Gee, DT did a job on me. I'm a teenage lobotomy"

hope they didn't take out your pun gland :P

Message 30/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

They took out my apundix.

Gee. Guess they didn't get it all. :P

Message 31/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  06:48 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

marianimal

Link?:  No link

This is really good. Very crisp, but still smoky & dirty in a way. Yeah, the melody could use some intervention, or just add some more variety to the arrangement. But I can totally see people getting down to this.

Message 32/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

influx

thanks m! yeah..variation...DEFINITELY..but again...thats about 2 days of work, and an hour practice  and VERY rudimentary knowledge of how to work the damn box

thanks for listenin

sitar got apendicitis? you ok now?

Message 33/33                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: Its been a WHILE but....

sitar

It wasn't apendicitis. But I'm on the mend. Thanks Influx.

Viewing all 33 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum