0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Viewing all 50 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  02:14 PM   -   Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

K

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

right, due to people adding the WRONG FORMAT files they wouldnt play when we went to judge the contest -

so you have one week to change these files to a file with a proper format capable of being played on pro audio soundcards (22k mono, NOT 11k or some other wierd 'in-between' format)

we've shortlisted a bunch of tracks but we couldnt do it all cos quite a few tracks would not play on the monitor system due to this problem.

you have ONE WEEK - to replace these files with a new proper version - next weekend we will decide the final winners and any tracks not changed & playable by that date will be excluded from the contest.

the format is 22k mono playback.... pro soundcards do NOT playback at 11k or 16k etc...

22K is the ONLY LO FI freq rate supported by pro audio card which is being used for driving the monitor system... 11k only plays on the lo-end soundcard windows audio mapper codec & not via the main audio rack outs connected to the monitoring system.

THAT IS WHY we specifuy 22k mono cos it'll play on ALL MODEMS AND ALL MONITOR SYSTEMS.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitarsong

Link?: Link

For clarification K, 22k is the setting to be concerned about yes? The other setting which is the sample rate I think (I get them confused) can vary yes?

Message 3/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

Link?:  Link

no. its the sample rate that has to be an acceptable rate. 22.5, 44.1, 48k, some 96k but of course we're not going there

Message 4/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitarsong

Thanks.

Message 5/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

mebbe thats a bit harsh the way i said it... but it was a right pain cos it's over-run so much and we wanted to get a result.. but we'd be listening to some cuts, then the next one wouldnt work on the hi-end output, so we'd have to repatch all the cables each time we arrived at an 11k track and i think there was one 16k track (?) and after a few we gave up cos it was chaotic repatching

By the way sitar.. one thing we noticed was that your tracks all have very little bass end & sound quite thin.... is that your encoder s/w ?

Message 6/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Breakerbox

Is it too late too enter the competition? (dont ask me where i ve been)

Message 7/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

yeah...if these folks want a chance at winning they should adhere to your rules!

so make it clear..ONLY those in that specific format will win, no?

Message 8/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

sure breaker - but get the stuff up by the weekend.

Also there is one person (Bedwyr) who is entered ... but doesnt have any tracks added!! - ha ha ha  

Message 9/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

bedwyr

i took 'em all off the other week. ho ho ho.

Message 10/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

Kilo!

If I encode my track to more than 16k it will be larger than 1.5m so:

Can I add a track bigger than 1.5mb only for the contest?? or I have to cut my song even more?

Thanks!!

Message 11/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

what ?.. even in mono 22k ?

Message 12/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

K, I doubt it's my encoder. Probably more the way I'm mixing. Still learning you know. I think things are better since I got Izotope a couple of weeks ago. I won't have time to remix my entries by this weekend. Thanks for the heads up though.

Message 13/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

Yep! the song is huge! (15min)

Mhhh, I think is no problem anyway since I uploaded the track on my mp3.com account and you can get it there too if you like.

I'm working on the encode process to my Dancetech tracks list right now, so it will be 22k mono.

Message 14/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

15 minutes and at the top at all times! keep clickin boy!

Message 15/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

well come ON!!!!!... no-ones going to release a 15 minute mix (well certainly you'll NEED a shorter mix to shop round labels... I could expand the file-size to say, 2mb each track to add some 'headroom' for larger tracks, but 15 minutes!!!!.. chuckle... um...

The only other alternative is to recode the site 'track-add' section so that the TOTAL used size is the only limit for a user... however, THAT will just have people adding hi-quality 128k/bit files no doubt which defeats the object of modem 'for all' streaming ability.

er... remix mate - just do a fresh copy that fade's out at 5 minutes or so -

see the other thing is, persons in a label will make their mind up about a track after 30 seconds !!

Message 16/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  08:35 PM     Edit: 28-Jan-02  |  08:36 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

Done!

8.15min (1.42mb) 24k 22khz mono.

Message 17/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

k is this your system you're monitoring on? all my tracks are done the same as with 'buttercup,' it's a crazy encoder.. 22, 30, you name it. you can watch the little number thing flicker sometimes when an mp3 off it is playing back.

so if it's your system and you can play one of mine, then you can play any one, i won't worry about it.

Message 18/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Breakerbox

The first 3 tracks on my user page. I cant find the original wave files to re-encode them to your specs tough... If they dont work on your computer/monitor setup, dont bother to listen to them.  
Eddie

Message 19/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

spyro

Xoxos.

I think you encoded using variable bitrate, that's why the number "flicker" (if you mean the number constantly change)

So you should encode using "fixed" bitrate at 24kbps.

Message 20/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

Breakerbox...the comp is for FINISHED tracks, man. not CLIPS 

Message 21/50                 Date: 29-Jan-02  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Breakerbox

bastard.  

Message 22/50                 Date: 29-Jan-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

yeah sort it out Breaker cos that swing track of yours is the bomb mate... we'd like that track for the Cd for sure (when we get it going).... oh damn it... mebbe I should just rewire the monitor system... *sigh*

yeah yeah I know.. the CD... but things take time  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/50                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  10:11 PM     Edit: 30-Jan-02  |  10:19 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

i kowtowed my 'dawn' file to 24/22050 oh great nitty-picky one  

so this cd will actually be shot at punters embodying the idea of dancetech/web interactiveness as well as the fact thereof. i like. when did i miss out on the dee-elle? when i was writing my crap music?

btw - do the voices sound computer generated enough? having had a break from it, i can see where a casual listener could miss that.

Message 24/50                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

nah. they work. I just listened again

that shit is clever as hell, rurik. I always wonder how your music doesnt reflect your anger (at least not directly;)

Message 25/50                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

bedwyr

hay on you!

Message 26/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  01:00 AM     Edit: 31-Jan-02  |  01:01 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

panama

argh...

Message 27/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

well things take time, especialy after the mayhem of last year (3 deaths, all close people) - but things are getting there... i'm right in the middle of getting the Thomann store done first, because I have to get that done so we can open the store and forget about it whilst we do other things... It WAS supoposed to be done by christmas, but it didnt happen...

First up to get us going we are looking for garage tracks.

one of our mate in the posse does garage productions and has just finished a main 'named-artist' production (luvin' it like this!)... and thus we have things set good to licence out good garage tunes or to get them pressed out on whites... so we're looking for new fresh garage singles...

At the same time as that we want to start getting the first DT compilation Cd together... once that's done we'll press it up and use that and the other things we have setup to go out and find a main distributor/major to back the DT label.

I guess realisticaly, it'll be the end of feb' before the store is 100% finished because communication between us & thomann is quite slow as we are both so busy.... but the store is 50% done and just needs some extra finishing work... right now, all the product are in and they display ok etc, but i'm waiting for the product CLASS definitions to progress further... then when the store is done I want to go to Germany & show them the system and teach them how it works which i'd rather do in person... Besides, it's a good excuse to visit old spars over there...

At the same time as that I want to go & see Steinberg, & mebbe Emagic, (if I can get past their crocodile moats, razor wire & machine-gun nests etc  , and also visit a main trance distributor over there (who another one of our mates releases his label thru), about this whole DT label thing from a Trance angle....

Also I want to visit A.S.S music in Hamburg who offered me a pub' deal a few years back and see what they are up to... i'm quite interested in them because they were at that time a very big organiser for German concerts and especialy festivals which at the time they were the biggest festival organiser in germany... (dunno about now tho), but if they ARE still doing that, then it's good for live gigs & artist promotion etc so i'd like to see them...

um... what I CAN say, is that there is some superb tracks on DT already and I think the future is quite rosy... we are bigger than Peoplesound.com now and they struck a deal with EMI (was it emi?, I think yes).... so we shouldn't have any problems.

we'll have to see.. i dont beleive in planning hard, rather going with the flow... i aint been out flogging 'product' for a few years now cos of getting this site together... but I used to have a good track record for getting deals on the table.... anyways... it will happen eventualy.

Message 28/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Maarten

Kilo is going to take over and rule the world! :O

Message 29/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

and what a world it would be  

Dammit K. I'd rather purchase from the DT store than anywhere else but that's not gonna be possible from outside the, is that right?

Message 30/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

um, yeah Thomann dont do USA... mebbe we do another USA mirror store with a big yank dealer, but really, idealy it'd be cool to have our OWN store - however, that'd require TONS of capital to start.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 31/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

damballah

heh heh, big yank dealer

Message 32/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

I see what you're saying. It's a third party. If I win the lotto then.

Message 33/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

listen fuckface, like i've repeatedly told your punk ass over the last going on four years i AM NOT ANGRY!!!! i've got the goddamn ability to apply any goddamn contrivance to my communication i like. but i can understand how in a world of morons my multifarious articulative fancies would go unrecognised. i am not your everyday rap song! i am the apotheosis of your humble species and in time your existence will be redefined to the root through my being. this i promise you you will see one day; you have a special function for me, influx, or i for you if you choose to see it that way.

i'd better stop before kilo notices me attempting to heist the thread.

Message 34/50                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

Don't worry. It's your way of saying you'd like to do all your shopping at Dancetech too. It's tough for us in the states.

Message 35/50                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

cloud nine/a-chappell

Hello!

Can I enter the comp? I've uploaded several tracks, and created a stacking order, plus I've re-encoded them to the correct format. So I hope I'm not too late!

Message 36/50                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

list your top 3 tracks in the thread entitled "++ Track Competition ++" and be sure to select either reason or sonar as your prize. make sure you've got them encoded correctly. check threads with the doubleplus for info.

Message 37/50                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

milan

all you yanks should move over here, what the hell are you doing in that dump anyway? weŽll give you special DT-approved visas  

leave babylon NOW!

Message 38/50                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

damballah

we might seem ok on web sites, but you wouldn't want us moving into your neighborhood

Message 39/50                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

russcastella

wait...who are the judges?????

Message 40/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

cloud nine

Thanks for the info xoxos! I like your track called "dawn" btw - excellent!

Message 41/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

ok fuckface youre not angry

Message 42/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

i know. you're the one that's angry.

well it's only fair, isn't it  

Message 43/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

Milan, that's funny cuz I grew up in a town called Babylon...on Long Island, New York. It's on the south shore of Long Island about midway out.

Message 44/50                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

..and 'electric city' is located in WA..

Message 45/50                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

milan

you see, i DO know what iŽm talking about  

Message 46/50                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Pongoid

competition? what all this then? folks putting up trax to see who can make the "best"? I don't understand.

Ape

Message 47/50                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

front door, music page.

Message 48/50                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

acid circus

we'd like to enter the competition if it's not to late. there's only 3 tracks up so those would be the ones. tweak, abstract3, hardass. i'm not sure how to leave my nomination tracks as stated in the instructions. do you want me to attach the link? also reason would be the way to go for us please. also when we exported the tracks from fruityloops, it doesn't give you the option to go any lower than a 32K bitrate. the files are all still under 1.5 mb but if there's a problem please let me know and we'll try and rip them some other way. thanks silegnav@hotmail.com

Message 49/50                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

silegnav

hey i'm having problems finding an encoder that does EXACTLY 22kbps. musicmatch only does either 20 or 24, jukebox doesn't come close, and fruityloops and CDEX only do 32. so what's the deal yo. help a brotha out.

Message 50/50                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

24kbps, 22khz, mono

That's a good combination.

Viewing all 50 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 50 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum