0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 26-Jan-02  @  02:20 PM   -   ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Do we specify the file type for a joke??....

just to say that all people adding tracks encoded at 32k/bsec - 11k setreo -

just to let you p[eople know

DECENT PRO SOUNDCARDS CANNOT PLAY 11K SIGNALS... so anyone who's got a good proper soundcard (including most users here) CANNOT PLAY THESE TRACKS THRU THEIR DECENT MONITORS... ONLY VIA THE CRAPPY WINDOWS AUDIO OUT,

so... there ya go... 11k is NOT compatible

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 26-Jan-02  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

milan

THANK YOU K! i get so pissed off each time i try to play a tune and it comes out all garbled.

cheers for pointing that out.

Message 3/9                 Date: 26-Jan-02  @  07:46 PM     Edit: 26-Jan-02  |  10:22 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

influx

isnt it funny that you make it VERY clear the best file type but some are just so damn arrogant about it: "oh...no way..my music just CANT be degraded like that. it deserves a much better frequency!"

get over it people, its for representative purposes and if you cant make it sound good at lofi then it just plain doesnt sound good! and if it cant be played then it doesnt sound at ALL right?

Message 4/9                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

k

Link?:  No link

yes, but actualy 11k is a WORSE frequency than 22k MONO.....

Message 5/9                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

influx

hehe. you know..somehow one of mine ended up 11k and I had no idea how.

thats funny! I thought you were scolding the ones tryin to sneak a better freq by...derrrr influx go now

Message 6/9                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

k

sorry that sounded a bit heavey... but it's such a dissapointment to not be able to play them on the proper monitors...

Message 7/9                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

Ghost

Link?: Link

someone please refresh my aged and failing memory...

what is the best encoding for uploading a track to DT? I can't seem to find it on the site....

is it 24Kpbs Mono?

thanks for the help.....

Message 8/9                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

Ghost

Link?: Link

nevermind, found it....

"Files should be - 24kBit/s - mono - 22,050hz .mp3 spec's for a 7-8 minute track."

cheers!

Message 9/9                 Date: 31-Jan-02  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: ATTENTION - ALL TRACK ADDERS READ !

k

sure.. I know I know... lo-fi doesnt really do a mix 100% justice, but we're more interested in the tracks being streamable by all regardless of their finance.(dial-up modems) - also as we are un-funded at present we simply cannot afford the space or more importantly the bandwidth for loads of hi-fi tracks... mebbe in the future, although frankly, i'm not so sure about the predictions of the industry a few years back for hi-fi distribution via the www. It WOULD have worked if cable-co's had expanded bandwidth as we all thought they would, but actualy the total reverse has happened, bandwidth is now worse than it's ever been... we'll have to see how it goes I guess.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum