0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: pc mixing method

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 14-Jan-02  @  12:28 AM   -   pc mixing method

subbrass

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Could you please tell me a web site or some basic advices about mixing electronic trip-hop and drum and bass.Have you got any personnal "recepies"
(i mean mixing audiofiles on cakewalk)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 14-Jan-02  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: pc mixing method

bedwyr

Link?: Link

listen, listen & listen.

compare your trax to stuff you like.

try this : sample an 8 bar loop of your favorite track (with drums bass keys etc.) then put that into cakewalk. write 8 bars of your own with similar sounds, then loop both so you can compare. after a while you'll get into it.

play your tracks to other ppl. (uplod here!)

read, read & read. you'll never get a definitive 10 steps to mixing heaven, coz it's all a bit vague, but after a while you'll start to see the wood from the trees.

oh, and listen.

Message 3/6                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: pc mixing method

rgawi

i need to work out on my dj skilles and i cant afford to buy equipments for djs im trying to downloed a pc mixer to work on my pc if u can help me email me thank u .

Message 4/6                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: pc mixing method

damballah

Link?: Link

I don't think that's what they were talking about, but there's a freebie version of Traktor at Native Instruments' website. You can use that to DJ CDs, WAVs and MP3s from your PC.

Message 5/6                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: pc mixing method

k

yeah my mate uses the FREE Traktor to mix her radio show... apparently there was a bit of a fuss kicked up when they released the free version, cos it isnt so different to the pay version & some of those who paid were a bit cheesed about how good the free versions is... you can only mix two tracks at a time tho with Tractor like decks, switching side as each new track is added cos it's DJ s/w immitating a pair of turntables... I think Cool-Edit pro or wavelab 3 is good MIX s/w.. both have editor & a multitrack with draw-able fader & pan moves etc... or ACID which is better for ... well i wouldnt call it plain 'mixing' cos acid is more like a sample-based compositional tool...

Message 6/6                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: pc mixing method

Brett B

the pitch shifting in Traktor doesn't degrade the audio like Sonar,wavelab,or acid. It uses variable sample rate playback to change the tempo where as the others acually finely slice the audio and pitch shift or lengthen those slices. So traktor works just like the cd mixers from Denon etc. to give you a clean sound and real time pitch shifting. I played with it a bit, but was not able to set up my sound card for monitor cueing via headphones. Can't remember why. I don't think it has an interface for my dsp factory to send the cueing to a bus. I'll play with it some more . I have a virtual patchbay I can run behind Traktor to fix that I think.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum