0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: hum on effects

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 01-Jan-02  @  06:42 PM   -   hum on effects

WIll

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im trying to quiet down the overall noise levels of my studio, but came top realise that there is a hum out out by my Digitech studio Quad. Yeah, I know all effects are noisy, but its not a hiss, or residual noise it is a definate hum - id imagine a mains 50hz hum, but I really dont know....

So how do I fix it? How do I ground the effects? Arrgh annoying problem....

W

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 02-Jan-02  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: hum on effects

k

try disconnecting the power lead earth (UK) - but it HAS to be permenently connected to another grounded item such as the mixer.

Message 3/5                 Date: 07-Jan-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: hum on effects

johanlevelone

Link?: Link

HUM could b a Groundloops problem (see K explainations), or you must have unbalanced cable between your stuff, in this case try to keep the power cables faar from the signal cables.If this is not possible you could try to put aluminium paper around your signal cable.

good luck...

Message 4/5                 Date: 13-Jan-02  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: hum on effects

k

or... if the unit has multiple outs/in's, then what i do is only attatch an earth to the singal cable on ONE of the cables... and disconnect the earth at one end on the others, so the whole unit's signal leads are using a common earth.

Message 5/5                 Date: 25-Jan-02  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: hum on effects

Jojo_The_DogFaced_Boy

I have a similar problem with my asr-10, only the hum comes out of one of the two outs and i have no idea why.

And for some dumb reason right now neither the delete key or the backspace key or the control-x cut command works on this message.

my life is filled with little bugs that make no sense what so ever

GRR!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum