0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: mpc2000xl hum problem

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 08-Dec-01  @  04:21 PM   -   mpc2000xl hum problem

jungreen

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I am after some info from an mpc2000xl user. I just bought one last week so i could do more stuff away from my main recording area. The unit loads in sounds and replays perfectly (using wav files). When I try to record sounds through the inputs at the back though, there is some noticable hum over any recordings. I have tried it with two different jack leads, and from a roland module source and a cd player line out and get the same problem. If I put the record levels up high the sound source can mask a good percentage of it. I dont know if this problem is to do with unbalanced signals or bad earthing or maybe this is normal. I know the sample playback is fine and the problem exists on both the left and right channels. If anyone out there has any idea about what I am talking about, please help. thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 09-Dec-01  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: mpc2000xl hum problem

0/d

Link?: Link

Bad earthing probably,or some elecrtical interference along the cables somewhere. I know this might seem like a stupid question,but are you sticking the leads into the mpc properly,or is there something stuck in the inputs like a bit of paper or a sweet? Maybe check the earh connection on your Mpc's plug.

Message 3/3                 Date: 09-Dec-01  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: mpc2000xl hum problem

influx

Link?:  Link

try new cables. isolate it from everything else. if the problem still exists, take it back? sometimes things do get put together wrong...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum