0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Track, Mixdown, Master

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 22-Nov-01  @  09:36 AM   -   Track, Mixdown, Master

Chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do you do yours? What do you track into to, software or hardware multi tack recorder? Do you mixdown in software or outboard? Where do you're effects come in? Finally what do you master your tracks into?

Here's mine: I usually start with a drum loop or synth riff..so i love tracking parts into Acid. just play reasonably in time and it fits right into the loop. if its not tight enough, you can slice and move around right there. for tracking MIDI'd parts, I usually mixdown what I have so far into a stereo backing track, import that into cubase and add parts there. for recording external synths, i usually go into soundforge while the track is running in cubase. as for effects anything goes: i effect them in acid, cubase or offline in soundforge. finally I sequence all the tracks in making waves then mixdown to a stereo track then master in soundforge for burning to cd.

and you??

sorry just killing time at work...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 22-Nov-01  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Track, Mixdown, Master

bedwyr

Link?: Link

today i'm mostly mixing as i go, record external synths into wavelab when i've finished writing. then paste em into logic, mix some more (levels, eq, reverb) for the synth parts. check it in mono on my nasty 3 inch goodmans speaker (it's for broadcast) if anything sticks out or can't be heard, sort it out. then mixdown to stereo in logic. master in wavelab touch of compression, eq maybe, normalize. bang into premier to sync with the avi, just in case. put the wav file and an audio version on to a mixed mode cd. then deliver.

by tomorrow morning hopefully. aaargh! what am i doing here!!!?

Message 3/3                 Date: 22-Nov-01  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: Track, Mixdown, Master

Brett B

Link?:  No link

In Sonar at 44.1khz-24bit-Track as loud as possible .Record all stereo tracks as two mono so I can time shift them a little for delay fx. Some I delay right some left to keep the track balanced. Normalize the tracks, use waves REQ2band to roll off unused frequencies and to fit in the mix better. Compress my bass tracks. Group all drums into a Waves RCL by sending them to an Aux and then lowering the volume on the tracks to zero and using aux send as volume. Load three or four reverbs and some delays into the auxilary busses with the same algorythm but varying decay times for diferant tracks. Run RCL on the master out. Draw all my envelops and do my arrangments as the track grows. Do a lot of inserting of GRMTOOLS and other filters to make cool sounds and textures, then apply the fx to free up resources. Sonar has a great apply fx command.Then when done export to file. Send it to a pro for mastering.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum