0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: DJ mix CD mastering?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  12:11 AM   -   DJ mix CD mastering?

Vinny Bricks

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just finished my new mix CD, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to make it sound really nice on CD? I ran it through the Waves C4 and Ultramaximizer, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows any other tricks?

peace!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 10-Dec-01  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: DJ mix CD mastering?

Vampire_D

Link?: Link

hi man

Message 3/4                 Date: 22-Dec-01  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: DJ mix CD mastering?

k

Link?:  Link

well depends if U use hardware or s/w ? - hardware there are various propreitry mastering rack units with multiband compression/enhancers etc.. for s/w the same but as seperates which you can stack in your mastering s/w processing or use a standalone like T-RACKS whcih is sposed to be good. I've got the BBE s/w sonic maximiser which is an example plugin of the mastering 'improvment' type adding extra punch and tune-able low-end emphasis. excellent plug

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4                 Date: 22-Dec-01  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: DJ mix CD mastering?

Vinny

Link?:  No link

I guess I failed to mention I use software. I have tons of plug-ins including the Waves stuff. I got rather good results on my own last time, but I am just wondering if anyone has any specific eq/compression/limiting tricks pertinent to dj mixes.

thanks

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum