0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 new tracks, please check em out

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  11:23 PM   -   2 new tracks, please check em out

Sensoniq

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

"Stardust" and "Sad Song in Shanghai".

Please check them out and tell me what you think...As you can see I'm having a lot of fun with the orchestra section of me new K2500

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

uh...just so you aren't confused the tunes are here on this site, dancetech, not mp3.com (for some reason my mp3.com address just won't go away when I erase it)

Message 3/11                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

xoxos

vocoder very uh garb-led..

Message 4/11                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

Deano

Link?:  No link

Have you been listening to a lot of Moby recently or has he been listening to your stuff?

Deano  

Message 5/11                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

sensoniq

Actually I have been listening to Moby lately...I guess
Stardust has many of the same features as Porcelain
(piano melody interacting with delicate vocoder vox). To
tell you the truth I kind of set out to write a tune like
Porcelain but I was hoping nobody would notice ;)

Garb-led = garbage led? I don't understand the
term...which tune are you referring to xoxos? Oh yeah
aren't you glad I forgot to mail you your CD, now I can
add these two new tunes to it

Message 6/11                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

maxwelln

Link?:  No link

Dude, I really like all your tracks. I esp. like "Sad Song in Shanghai". That totally threw me for a goddamn loop when you bust out that 303ish line in the middle of the song. Only constructive criticism I have is too maybe do something more with your drum loops sound-wise, but I understand there is only so much I am going to be able to say about production quality listening to a low bitrate version of your song. From a composition standpoint, though, Shanghai is a VERY cool track, which should mean something coming from someone who likes almost exclusively repetitive, loopy techno ;)

keep em coming dude,

- Nick

Message 7/11                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

beatbum

Yeeeeaaaaaah. I like Sad Song too. Sweeet. Love the beat, especially the double 16th note kicks (one at the end of the bar, and one at the first note of the next) make sense?

That synth is nice too.

Message 8/11                 Date: 10-Nov-01  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

xoxos

oi ment.. ummm.. uhh.. yeh! yeh!

Message 9/11                 Date: 10-Nov-01  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

sitar

Stardust. Very beautiful. It is Mobyesque. Until the pad came in Sad Song in Shanghai reminded me of that Hey Girl Hey Boy Chemical Brothers song. Enough with the comparisons. Not really comparing though. Your stuff is good. I really like Stardust a lot. Listened twice.

Message 10/11                 Date: 12-Nov-01  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

milan

good stuff moby, i mean sensoniq  

just kiddin ya, nice tracks. especially liked Shanghai- great switch in the middle with more technoid sounds coming in.

your stuff is really really good. definitely got the music bit sorted. now good luck with the bizz bit, if you plan on releasing anything.

Message 11/11                 Date: 12-Nov-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

sensoniq

Thanks a lot for the feedback peeps, and all of these trackvotes in my mailbox -- glad you guys like my stuff so much, maybe it's time to start sending out some demos

Sad Song in Shanghai is the tune where I had to mix it down about 9 different times just to get the tone I wanted back from that technoid synth line that comes in in the middle. I had the tone I liked but lost it, so I was trying to get it back. I knew the frequencies I wanted to boost (ahh those sweetspots) but I wasn't sure how much to boost them -- I had added a lot of other parts since so they kinda hid the technoid synth in the mix. So I had to do nine or so different mixes and took the best-overall-sounding one...As I was listening I realized that the tone of one thing can actually interact with the tone of another, and if one of those tones is slightly off then the interaction/feel can be lost...This is something I was never really aware of before, at least that it was so important

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum