0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: S2000 sampler - Which SCSI card?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  06:49 AM   -   S2000 sampler - Which SCSI card?

mikep__

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if I need to get a specific kind of PCI-SCSI card (for PC), so I can send samples straight from my PC to my Akai S2000...
Atm I have my eye on the Adaptec SCSI 2906 (Check Link: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?cat=Test&prodkey=AVA-2906)

Mainly because it is the cheapest. I'm not so much concerned about speed, more if it will work or not.

I would really appreciate any help/advice...

Thanks alot

MikeP

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: S2000 sampler - Which SCSI card?

steve

Link?:  No link

the cheapest adaptec you can find should do just fine Mike. When I bought mine I went for the cheapest I could find also, which at the time was an ava1505 isa thing and I`ve had no problems. This is with an e-mu but theres no reason why the same wouldn`t be true for an akai.

Message 3/3                 Date: 07-Nov-01  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: S2000 sampler - Which SCSI card?

mikep__

Link?:  No link

Sweet as... was just checking if it needed any specific features/ requirements etc...

Thanks for your help  

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum