0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  08:08 AM   -   how do i audio from 02R into PC?

tonyl

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

have got a problem & dont know how to solve it. can anyone help please?

i run vst 5 on the pc with a motu 2408 which outputs 24 channels by adat into the 02r. no probs with audio reaching the mixer, that all works fine.

all synths etc are plugged into the 02R & i have a second optical cable connecting "out 02R ADAT 1" to "2408 BANK A In".

the idea is that i record one or tracks at a time into the pc. so how can i get audio to appear at the ADAT outs?

i've tried recording from there's no audio present. i've made sure that the two inputs are activated & that the vst audio track is enabled etc.

anyone got a 2408/02r setup?

cheers,
tony

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

99devils

Link?: Link

Make sure you've routed the audio to the adat out on the mixer. On the o1v, I've got to route 4 channels to busses 1-4, and 4 channels to auxes 1-4. Then I assign bus 1-4 to ADAT out 1-4, and auxes 1-4 to ADAT out 5-8. There should be a page on the mixer that allows you to see what's going out the busses/auxes.

Hope this helps.

-Craig

Message 3/7                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

influx

Link?:  Link

damn

Im sorry man but RTFM. this will be covered in depth!

Message 4/7                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

tonyl

cheers craig. why have you got eight outputs activated ... do u multitrack or something? & why dont you use all busses rather than aux as the aux is variable? i only need 2 channels which i want to mirror the main stereo outs. yeah there's a meter page which shows the bus/aux activity but its not doing anything on my machine :-(

influx, i've got the manual in front of me & its that great. oh...& i spoke to the techie at yamaha kemble yesterday who agreed with me. but thanks for your advice.

tone

Message 5/7                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

influx

Link?:  Link

he agreed about what? that maybe your mixer is busted?

Message 6/7                 Date: 07-Nov-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

99devils

Link?: Link

why have you got eight outputs activated ... do u multitrack or something? & why dont you use all busses rather than aux as the aux is variable?
---------------

I am multitracking. The 01V is only a 4-bus mixer, so you have to snake the 4 auxes in order to get 8 outs into the computer.

---------------

i only need 2 channels which i want to mirror the main stereo outs. yeah there's a meter page which shows the bus/aux activity but its not doing anything on my machine :-(

---------------

OK again this is on the 01V. Under my option I/O page (for the ADAT outs), there's a page which lists the outs, and sources for the outs. It looks like a grid. There are options for selecting the busses, auxes, channels, and the main stereo out as sources for each out on the ADAT card. You simply turn the stereo bus "on" for the channels you want to route out to the computer.

If I'm mixing down to 2-track, usually I do not do this. I hook the SPDIF I/O on the 01V to the SPDIF I/O on the DSP Factory and use that. The 01V sends the stereo mix to the SPDIF out by default.

Hope this helps (again)

-Craig

Message 7/7                 Date: 13-Nov-01  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: how do i audio from 02R into PC?

tonyl

cheers, u did help!
its sorted now.

tone

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum