0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ admin stuff ++

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  12:00 AM   -   ++ admin stuff ++

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok... we changed all the code for the new disk, s i'll open it up and let's see if there's any bugs... you can now add up to 20 tracks. 30mb each user. Also i fixed the create album image bit so you can add/edit that, and tweaked a few other bits, ... more to come.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  06:01 PM     Edit: 05-Nov-01  |  06:09 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

ok, it's all running ok I think.... so try adding some more tracks if you have added 10 already and see how it works, works ok for me on IE5.

um... oh yeah, we've nearly done finishing the 'users_URL' bit too!! - so for my DT user_page you'd type:

http://www.dancetech.com/~k

'k' is my username -

it's not quite done yet so although i am using it already, you won't see the link to in your admin until i switch it on -

it's for artist/dj/label users only, and when you go to 'Creat Homepage' it will create a directory for you, but of course server directories cant have special characters etc, so these get stripped out of your current username, and you get displayed what your unique url will be using your current username to see if you like it first.

so if your username is now: Freddy Smith

then your unique URL would be: http://www.dancetech.com/~freddy_smith

But, if your username is: lippy(xyz)!!frankfur+R

then the unique URL will work out as something like: http://www.dancetech.com/lippy_xyz_frankfur_R

so you get that shown to you FIRST - before you commit to crearting the page - so you can see if you like it.... you'll see this is the same for other sites like vitaminic or mp3.com - the user url's dont have weird characters etc....

ok, so if you DONT like the results of what your unique URL will be, then simply go into your edit user details section, & change your Username - Then come back to Create_Homapage, and see the unique URL again based on your changed User_name until you are happy with the results -

When you are all happy wth the name for the URL, THEN create your homepage - and that's it... it zaps you a page with your settings etc, and then opens an edit screen to set your background & text, link, table, header, sub-header etc colours - You can input custom colours for these.

I'll sort out a part to add a background-image to tile the page as well...

it all seems to work ok.... I noticed Bedwyr has created a page... it'll all be ready later probably tonight....

anyways try my page to see the sort of thing it gives you (with my tasteless colour choices too!!):

http://www.dancetech.com/~k

basically you get a unique handy referenceing URL you can send to intersted parties - they can then instantly load your page and listen to your toons, get your links & mail, details, etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

oh - Bedwyr mate - due to changes we've made, i'll have to delete your page i'm afraid cos we changed the system again after you created it. Sorry mate - that's why your's doesn't load now.

Message 4/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

i noticed the new link, and it didn't work, couldn't get past the have a look at your page bit after the name your page bit. umm, u know? i'll try again later

Message 5/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

i deleted all your old stuff so you can start from scratch with the new code.

Message 6/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

milan

K, looks like something´s not working. when i try to log in i get a 404 error page. so how do i go about making my own DT-page?

Message 7/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

dunno mate - the loging in bit is seperate & i didnt touch that - um... what error you get exactly then?..

Message 8/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

and where are you logging in from - inside the forums ?... etc

Message 9/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  09:38 PM     Edit: 05-Nov-01  |  09:49 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

oh shit wait... it's cos i only moved the templates for one DT colour scheme i was using at the time - hold on...

ok fixed

Message 10/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

milan

cool, its working now in all the colors. i managed to log in beforehands using "pepsi", after your previous post.

aight, i´m off to call up the web-design agency and tell them to get on with designing my personal webpage ;)

Message 11/13                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

i would!... well it's starting to get there bit by bit at least, the office is nearly done too which is good cos then we'll have a decent workbench for pc stuff.

Message 12/13                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

milan

yeah well, my mate who´s a designer should be back at work by tommorow so i´ll chat him up. i wonder how far we can go in customising the pages? oh well, i´ll find out soon...

you´re sorting out DT offices? a real one (as opposed to a 'virtual' one)? cool stuff, so DT must be getting that backing you mentioned some time ago. cheers and keep up the great work!

Message 13/13                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: ++ admin stuff ++

k

well it is 'virtual'...er... it's my bedroom & 130 quids worth of timber & worktop  

as for the pages, well it could have a different layout, and we could implement something to let people add an additional header graphic (not their user image added in their admin, but a new image) or/and mebbe a background image for tiling - if we did that then you'd simply browse & upload like with your user-image etc.

also, adding track info might be good so each track listed shows it's details/description text, time, date & copyright/composer info as well as title, but after coding what we've added already for a whole day & 1/2 i need a break now... I got the mother of all colds & coughs... boy, i feel rough!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum