0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: What new mixing desk to get???????

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  12:22 AM   -   What new mixing desk to get???????

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I’m planning on buying a new/secondhand mixing desk. I’m currently using a Spirit Folio light 16:2. The music I’m producing varies from warm deep house to more guitar laden stuff in the vein of Air and Zero 7. What are the best warm sounding desks for around £3-400 secondhand?
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Ta Techers

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/20                 Date: 04-Nov-01  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

Maarten

Link?: Link

Got the same question, thinking about a Behringer EuroDesk MX2442A... still investigating though.

*push*

-M-

Message 3/20                 Date: 04-Nov-01  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

steve

well, I suggested the a+h GS3 in your other thread but heres another - soundcraft spirit studio 16 - 450 to 500 squids, FOUR band eq, 8 buss, sounds good for the moolah. Its got the mackies, behringers et al licked in the price range, just make sure you dont accidentally pick up an LC as that model only had 3 band eq.

Message 4/20                 Date: 04-Nov-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

influx

Link?:  Link

uh...

Message 5/20                 Date: 04-Nov-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

Maarten

yes?

Message 6/20                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

steve

whats "uh" supposed to mean? wanna fight about it?

Message 7/20                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

influx

sure. buy me a ticket to Luton (terrorist housing bastard town) and Ill come kick your "arse"

as for the "uh..."

that was "uh...did the posts get deleted from this thread or was there two threads" but my question was answered

Message 8/20                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

steve

I think he started this thread before the other one but clogboy (j/k) dragged it up.

And theres 3 dead now fighting for the taliban, the bellends. Funny thing is, once this is all over a lot of these idiots will be trying to get back into the country again and get their free healthcare, education, welfare etc.

Sorry, on wiv desks and stuff.....

Message 9/20                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

influx

is it true that Blair said anyone who left the country to fight for the Taliban will be tried for Treason if/when they try to return?

yeah..thats my biggest beef with teh fuckheads here too...they take advantage of the benefits we have to offer, but want to "destroy those evil americans"

Message 10/20                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

moujik

Don't we (Britain) technically still have the death penalty for treason?

Could be an interesting subject for debate in the coming months....

Clogboy...he he he...

Message 11/20                 Date: 01-Dec-01  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

8life8

ok .. just poped by and I think I enterd a thread called: 'What new mixing desk to get???? and I scroll a bit and I read "destroy those evil americans" .. ok so I'll recomend a spirit fx16, , lov the eq..

Message 12/20                 Date: 06-Dec-01  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

Brett B

that new 24bit Tacam looks pretty nice. With multi i/o options tdif, spidif, adat, eas/ebu etc. I might sell my o1v and get one of these. Full 24bit adc/dac. Around $2k. nice alternative to the O2R.

Message 13/20                 Date: 06-Dec-01  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

99devils

The Tascam will run you $2399 from what I gather.. And you'll likely need TDIF to ADAT adapters too to make it worth your while..

There's a 32-channel 16-bus digital behringer coming that even looks like the 01V, but with those cool NL3 style LED-ringed knobs   I'm wondering what that's going to cost.

Behringer + ADAT I/O + RME Hammerfall = a very happy me  

-Craig

Message 14/20                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

Brett B

For now I am using the o1v with adat, and I am getting the egosys audioterminal 010. It's 24/96 with spidif,tdif, eas/ebu with the best wdm drivers around. So the idea of upgrading my mixer later will not mean I need a new card to take advantage of the higher sanple rate that tdif supports. The tascam is 16channel. It maybe $2399 now, but in a year I should be able to find one second hand. The add in mix says it has adat. I'll have to check again. But like I said tdif is higher dample rate. And my sound card will support both formats. So switching is not an issue.

Message 15/20                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

99devils

It has 8 channels of ADAT and 24 channels of TDIF I/O. AFAIK ADAT can support 24/96 audio so you're not gaining anything by picking ADAT over TDIF. If you don't need to buy new hardware than you're likely going to find it more attractive than I. What I'd rather have is the extra I/O to/from the PC.

-Craig

Message 16/20                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

k

hoontech have just released a new digital rack by the way as well as the adat-t/dif one they already have

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 17/20                 Date: 11-Dec-01  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

nomad

adat is 24/48 only. the 24/96 systems use 2 adat channels for a single audio stream, to allow 24/96 transfers.

Message 18/20                 Date: 11-Dec-01  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

99devils

Thanks for clearing that up..

-Craig

Message 19/20                 Date: 23-Dec-01  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

brad

Hey lets keep goign with this thread ;-)

I'm looking for a digital mixer- ADAT out to go into an Oasys card. Wanna spend around $500.

Fostex VM-200 seems pretty cool- motorized faders and all. only 16-bit tho. EFX wise, I've heard other VM series effects and I think they're actually useable.

Tascam TM-D1000 is 20-bit but you have to buy a seperate TDIF-to-lightpipe converter! SO that puts it out of my pricerange. And effects are pre-fader only w/ the ADAT.

There's some others, like the Korg 168RC and Roland VM3100, but I'm thinking of just going with the Fostex. Mostly b/c I just found it s/h for $350. I wish it was 24-bit tho...

Or maybe I skip the mixer altogether, get an Alesis AI-3 (24-bit A/D), get one one of those peavey contol-surfaces, and just use cubase's software mixer...

Any thoughts?

Message 20/20                 Date: 23-Dec-01  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: What new mixing desk to get???????

influx

save up and get an O1v with adat, man. I bought one for $800 a while back (just the board)...and almost got one with adat for $900 but I slept

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum