0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: cheap unity cards for 02r

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  04:46 PM   -   cheap unity cards for 02r

tonyl

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

www.thomann.de are doing tc unity cards for 228+12 p&p.
the xchange rate is a bit crap at the moment & normally i'd wait
for it to improve. however this time i aint risking it
as i think that tc have discontinued it (in line with the 02r).
out of interest does anyone know if yamaha are developing another
mixer?

cheers,
tone

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

steve

they just released one I believe, based on that aw multitracker thing. Digital village are advertising it anyway.

Message 3/10                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

tonyl

yeah ive seen that, but i was wondering if they were gonna do a proper mixer. u know try & out do mackie???

tone

Message 4/10                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

99devils

Link?: Link

http://www.yamaha.com/proaudio/products/system_dme.htm

Message 5/10                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

milan

Link?:  Link

erm looks really interesting but how do you control the bugger? did i miss a control surface for the thing

Message 6/10                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

milan

Link?:  Link

ah, i just realised: DME32 is controlled by your pc. i think its a VERY stupid idea to invest all that money (how much?) for a system like that and then not have a dedicated control unit. and what do you do when your pc crashes? this one´s not for me, thanx...

Message 7/10                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

steve

especially considering most folks pcs are powerful enough to do all this on its own now anyway, just add a nice multi i/o soundcard thing and you`re off.

Message 8/10                 Date: 31-Oct-01  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

tonyl

my unity card will arrive in a week or so. it comes with both the M2000 reverb & the finalizer. after 100 hours of use, u have to choose one & the other effect vanishes. i'm gonna choose the reverb. however, say sometime in the future i wanna add the finalizer, how does this work?
i know u have to purchase the licence. but does it come as a chip or what?

& can it be hacked, just out of interest?

cheers,
tone

Message 9/10                 Date: 31-Oct-01  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

damn, i just sold my unity card for $500 with
both installs. glad i got rid of it before they
dropped even more.

the authorizations come on two chips.

Message 10/10                 Date: 13-Nov-01  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: cheap unity cards for 02r

tonyl

just got a unity card, which comes with two eproms. i plan to opt for the reverb & tc are due to email me the license code. now say in the future i want to install a *second* licence into engine 2. tc say that *no* extra h/ware is required. i just pay & they give me a 6digit code. they're quite pricey. anyone know a workaround?

cheers

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum