0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Viewing all 27 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  02:29 AM   -   Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ebola.

It's another one of my many faces. I'll have a track up on the FTP in the next 72 hrs.. A small taste of what I can do when I sequence with logic. This is a little sorta broken-beat type ditty. Not for the faint of heart. Enjoy, and please give feedback.

Ape

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

influx

Link?:  Link

er. I took you seriously for a sec

Message 3/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

Well, I was serious. The track has been UL'd to the FTP now, and should have a link in the next day or two.

Ape

Message 4/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

BTW, the track is called The Next Attempt.

Message 5/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Maarten

HeY!!!! You snagged that name from me! Made a tune just two weecs ago wth the same name : Ebola...  

wll have a lsten n a later... eyboards fuced agan.

Message 6/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

influx

thats what I meant. the ebola thing. Thought you were sensoniq or someone ..

will DL asap!

Message 7/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

sensoniq

good to see you've got your guard up influx. Now don't drop it on account of what you saw as a false alarm

Message 8/27                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

I've actually been using that monicker for over a year in various performances.  

Ape

Message 9/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Maarten

Ohh, couldn't make it, sorry. ;)

Message 10/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

It's up.

Message 11/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

putituphere

putituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphere

Message 12/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

panama

Link?:  No link

sounds great, love the mix! fantastic! where's the ftp link?

Message 13/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

dissonance

Ladies and Gents....the track is available for download at the link above....I'm sure most are well versed with the routine...

dissonance

Message 14/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

try that and tell me what you think.

Ape

Message 15/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

panama

from what I heard - about three or four hours
ago... I enojyed. But, I couldn't groove for some
reason - I wasn't familar with your technique. I
tried moving my head, and tried taking a stab
at dancing... but I couldn't get going. I wasn't
under the influence... so my ryhtmic accuracy
wasn't totally accurate... but you gotta say
something for 'not being under the influence'
and 'not grooving'. conciously, the
sub-concious feels the groove (even when
your not feeling the groove)... its like stand up -
cuse you feel the air, or look to the left, cause
yer feeling it.

vinyl I listen too: Nervous records, lots of
Uberzone, BT (remixes), lots of old school
breakbeat ('93 - 95'), old
sasha/oakenfold/digweed (like 94', 95'), and a
bunch of epic trance stuff from the mid 90's.
So this stuff, with my symbolic listening
knowledge, just didn't groove for me... IT's
DECENT tho... but not abstract.

Message 16/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

marianimal

If it's groove you want, I recommend "Finger Hash". This new one is definitely more of a Difficult Listening sort of piece, but by the 3rd play it was telling me a story (a scary story, appropriately). The parts that were annoying the 1st time around turned out to be advancing the plot when I listened again. It's well composed, which is arguably more difficult to do with this kind of non-repeating structure than with an a b a b c c kind of thing.

Message 17/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

Admittedly, it is a bit odd to those not familiar with how it's counted, and where the groove falls. It actually kind of grooves a bit like hip-hop, but doubled up, and maybe a bit of dancehall with more complex rythmic structures added in as embellishments(?). Also, if you were to slow this down a bit, it's really a lot like a jazz piece too. Anyhoos, thanks for taking the time to listen and trying to make sense of it.

Ape

Message 18/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

dissonance

I haven't had the chance to give more than 2 minutes an ear as of yet. Damn cable guy came and told me I had to wallfish the cable to the room with the gear.....but hopefully that'll get done on Thursday....from that point on the Ape's music will be available elsewhere....

dissonance

Message 19/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

influx

thats some head stuff you got there pongoid

I didnt even take it as something to dance to necessarily. Picturing panama trying to bob his head this way and that made for a funny morning thats for sure. Its not like the groove of the thing is that far out of reach, tho.

panama..quit listening to Uberzone, man.

Message 20/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

xoxos

why?

Message 21/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

influx

hehe. just playin

Message 22/27                 Date: 31-Oct-01  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

xoxos

waddah-yass know.. it finally downloaded..

i'm guessing your title is your subject matter, ergo the series of vignettes..

ahh.. that flangy bass sound at the beginning.. that's why i bought a pongoid album.. that's what i expect to hear hen i go to s.f (but didn't..) exotic sound with funky 'i can be down with it' rhythm.. me gusta.. medium is the message sorta thing.

lemme know if you ever make/made a sorta easy listening party album like a big solid slice of just that bass noise  

you lost me on the speed stuff tho.. could be that the mp3 is thinning out the frr, cos i can hear the bass cutting off and syncopating with other parts, which would help keep attention. tracks like 'andrew sleeps like fertilizer' @ the link already spoiled me w/ similar rabid programming (i guess the popular adjective is 'skittery.') yet still having a lot going on all around to form a stickier web.

i'm also thinking that that's part of the song there cos of the way it comes together at the end and all

Message 23/27                 Date: 02-Nov-01  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

dissonance

The deed's been done. The cable is in and I'm
zipping away.

I have removed Ape's tracks from the deepnow site
and have moved them to my site...see link above!
There isn't much to it as of yet...but if you
follow that URL you'll get the same stuff as
before and maybe more if Pongoid lets loose a
couple more tracks. If there's any problems put
out the word...I don't think there will be though.

peace
dissonance

Message 24/27                 Date: 02-Nov-01  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

influx

hehe. paper street

Message 25/27                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Neurotic

First anthrax now ebola ah we're all going to die horrible deaths!

With the taste of gun nozzle in my mouth I realize I fell victim to the Orwell effect the creator of this thread most likely intended to create

Message 26/27                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

the mp3 sounded fairly accurate when I checked it. It's actually a work in progress. I haven't even done the audio tweeking in logic yet, but you get the idea. Anyhow, there's more stuff on the way, including some stuff that I played my bass on with a buddy doing the programming, etc..

Ape

Message 27/27                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

dissonance

hot damn.....is this gonna be with you and Aaron?? If so can't wait to hear that.

dissonance

Viewing all 27 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum