0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: delicious

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 21-Oct-01  @  04:43 AM   -   delicious

the knowa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

please enjoy the song "delicious".

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 21-Oct-01  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: delicious

panama

hmmm, to many odd changes for me - don't
know if the sax worked... I like 4/4, common
old skool break stuff.

had a good vibe; I know that... sounds too
concentrated though. ?

Message 3/15                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: delicious

knowa

Link?:  Link

thanks for listening. definitely a "home listening" song; I can see how those changes would screw it up if you're expecting some "common old school break" stuff. I'll take some time away from this and come back to it in a week or so to see if I agree that the changes are awkward. I'm noticing that the mp3 version seems to exagerrate the volume jump when the "b part" kicks in at 3:48; I'll have to have a look at the volume of those dirty keys. I think this section should probably be about twice as long in the final version, but this is the stripped-down-for-mp3 version.

anybody else?

--knowa

Message 4/15                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: delicious

marianimal

I like the sax bits, they're refreshing and unexpected. Nice tune as a whole. Good bass. The one high-register kinda staccato synth part that mostly goes up and down with three notes could stand to be fleshed out a bit more. I did notice that you changed it up just before it got predictable, which is good, but you could still make that part stronger.

Message 5/15                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: delicious

sensoniq

I like it man. I esp. like the 8th note kick fills every couple of phrases in the beginning, very cool rhythmic changeup. ANd that percussive cantus firmus that runs throughout sounds almost tribal -- cool! I want it to return tho at 5:10 after the breakdown, kinda to take the ending back to the original Original percussive theme for closure. Keep up the excellent songwriting!

Message 6/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: delicious

influx

do you guys realize that marianimal has some of the best critiques around? while assholes like me are bitching about linkin park and lim biznizz, she and Mr. Wet are apparently for real? 

DONT ANYONE GET ALL WORKED UP AND SAY "WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!?!" NOW because you know who you are

Message 7/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: delicious

brad

Link?: Link

WHAT ABOUT ME?!

Oh, nevermind ;-)

Mr.Wet

Message 8/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: delicious

knowa

many, thanks friends. excellent suggestions. I'm real happy with this tune sp far, but it's not yet done. I'm definitely gonna work on that keyboard bit again. Glad you dug on the sax--my favorite thing to do is to make REX files out of sax solos and play "original solos" in my sampler. I thought this one came out pretty dope. guitar and bass sound tight? I'm hyper critical of my own playing, especially on bass. thanks again--keep the suggestions coming. look at attention-starved influx, trying to turn this into another linkin bizkit thread... 

question for DJ's: If I made an extended mix of this song, is this something you/others might play? I guess what I'm asking is, are there any DJ's who play this sort of relaxed stuff?--knowa

Message 9/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  03:06 PM     Edit: 23-Oct-01  |  03:30 PM   -   RE: delicious

bedwyr

i really like this knowa, that synth 'weee-ahh-weee-ahh' does it, and when it all kicks in after the sax break is mad as fk. not sure about the key change so soon after, maybe hang on for a bit or leave it altogether and do it later on as a reprise (?). did you play the sax urself or samples? (ahh samples) (recording's nice), maybe go more mental/bebop?/avant garde? when it comes in with the 4/4 i think it would really kick with some crazy shit when that happens  

i'd play it! (in a cafe/pre-club/sunday sorta place, put a smile on peolple's faces, get 'em jumpin' innit?)

Message 10/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: delicious

knowa

cool, cool bedwyr. thanks man   I asked the DJ question because panama's reply made me wonder if it was too song-ish and not track-ish enough for DJ play. It's ok with me to make less DJ-oriented stuff, but I thought this would be really nice at just the sort of cafe/pre-club environ you described. No, no, I didn't play the sax myself, hence the scare quotes around the term "original". But what you hear does not resemble the sample source melodically.

I'm looking for some quality mastering plug-ins now (see "quality plug-ins" thread). When I get them, I'll make an extended and warmer version of this track.

thanks a lot for listening to everyone.

Message 11/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: delicious

roller8

I think this is a very cool track. The sax is nice. I see the only prob being that the last part of the sax line (the longer sax line from the breakdown point) is out of key with the track. If you played this part you can fix it in seconds. If it's a sample you could probably cut the offending notes out and replace or pitch shift the originals to taste. Or, you can just leave it as it is because music doesn't have to be an exact science. Even if "they" say it does.

Message 12/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: delicious

bedwyr

roller8, listen to moodyman (btw haven't bought a record for 3 years or so) there's nothing wrong with 'out of tune'! keys are for wimps!! ;)

knowa, mastering is not going to make a 'massive' difference to your mix, 's all subtle really  

Message 13/15                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: delicious

knowa

word up roller8. I'm happy with the harmonic relationships in this track, though. It does modulate key. This is another reason that I first thought of this as less dj-oriented. Boy would that screw up the mix, huh?

Message 14/15                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: delicious

pulaski

knowa. my fave of your stuff thus far. i like the way you introduce new elements. definitely not boring. and that part after the breakdown just totally works man. i'd like to actually feel the bass though. should hear it on a proper system. you should come visit me at my new pad in jersey city if you get a chance. nice work.

Message 15/15                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: delicious

knowa

well, well, Mr. Skyway, it's been a while. How lucky you must feel to live in a city initialed, that's right, JC.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum