0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI 2000 and Q-80

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  05:23 AM   -   ESI 2000 and Q-80

Daniel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey whats up? Been months since i posted! Anyway I have been having some succcess with my simple setup now that I am at college and I was just wondering what you guys would suggest the best way is to put my tracks on CD so my friends can listen?

I am only using an ESI 2000, Kawai Q-80, a 49 Key controller keyboard, and a shitload of a crazy CDs and imagination. I ditched my 12 channel mixer and EA 1 back at home because i am kinda pressed for room. I have all my tracks mixed using the ESIs built in mixer (pan and volume on each midi channel). If i just throw the output to a CD burner will that shit work? I dunno. I am knew to this. I spend my time writing music, sorry. Hey its best thing in my life.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: ESI 2000 and Q-80

bedwyr

Link?: Link

that'll work but (depending on how (well) you've mixed) you might find the resulting tracks a bit 'quiet'. i've just taken the output of my a3k to a minidisc in the past and played it out over club speakers, and it's a bit disheartening. the more cds you record and play over your mates' systems, the better u'll get. and try and record tracks u like by other people on the same cd, it might zap your confidence to begin with though...

Message 3/4                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: ESI 2000 and Q-80

steve

Link?: Link

yeah, what Bedwyr said.

Also, try to use the filters on the esi to eq the sounds in order to make room in the mix.

Message 4/4                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: ESI 2000 and Q-80

influx

Link?:  Link

you have a computer right?

a decent soundcard?

record the individual tracks into an audio sequencer and mix them there. Youll get much better results

when you record each track make sure its HOT. and...coming out of the ESI full volume (IE if you lowered the level of a kick, raise it full)

Youd do well to get a preamp for this but it will work without. just go direct to the soundcard

OR go stereo off the ESI if youre truly satisfied with the levels/placement of everything and record THAT stereo into your PC, and then normalize/maximize/etc to get a louder signal

but yes..you could do what you wanted to do if you have a standalone CD recorder

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum