0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Footie korner

Viewing all 300 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30

Original Message 1/300                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  06:58 PM   -   Footie korner

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well well... so.. west ham  ... thought we'd have a footie thread for adding the odd inane comments about superb performances & the like. heh heh...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/300                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

oh, and .. so they are saying still possibly no world cup?.. i heard that once then it's gone away and nerver mentioned on any foottie tv shows since. The thing i saw was saying they wouldnt be able to insure it & were thinking to cancel due to recent events

Message 3/300                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

moujik

Link?:  Link

Well K - Chelsea; their "stars" bottling it for the game in Israel & forcing them to send their under-12 team from what I hear ..... they might even be forced into playing a few English players.

Message 4/300                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

Link?: Link

ha ha lol!! under-12..

Message 5/300                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

hardy har... hey this Deportivo game is superb eh?... what a superb match!

Message 6/300                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

3-2 cmon diego!

Message 7/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

poor old Barthez... actualy the way I saw it, there is some weird lack of communication between Brown & him, I thought it was something more to do with Brown actualy than anyone mentioned.... anyways a total cock up whatever, but one of the best games of footie i've ever seen.

Message 8/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  10:23 AM     Edit: 18-Oct-01  |  10:23 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

keeper should always give the shout tho so its still Barthez` fault in my book. I quite like watching Man Utd play in Europe - if they win, then that good cos an English team won and if they lose, well thats great too cos I hate the cunts  

Still top of the league, the "mighty" Luton Town  

And whats all this wank about some media company trying to charge BBC and ITV 170 Million big ones for the world cup rights? Fucking tossers, its our bloody game and we might not even get to see the damn thing.

Message 9/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

apparently it's all sorted, bbc & itv have done a joint deal, no news on how much tho.

Message 10/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Did I mention I was a Feyenoord Fan before? Let's talk samplers, trance and analogue vs digital again shall we? Someone shoot me, twice, I can't bare the pain no more...

Message 11/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

try being a Luton fan pal, then you`ll know pain  

Message 12/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

heh heh   Sparta Sparta!!

Message 13/300                 Date: 18-Oct-01  @  11:41 PM     Edit: 18-Oct-01  |  11:48 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

Happoel Tel-a-fucking-who? Looks like you`ve got yerself a "St Gallen II:The Sequel" on your hands there k :P

Just think - if it wasn`t for the antipodean pie-boy between the sticks it would`ve been even worse, you need to start supporting a proper team, like Luton  

Message 14/300                 Date: 19-Oct-01  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

I cant afford to support Chelsea really properly...  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/300                 Date: 19-Oct-01  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

influx

Damn. I thought it said "footsie" thread. I was hopin for some attention

SOCCER!!!! 

Message 16/300                 Date: 19-Oct-01  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

Heh, half my family are Chelsea fans (the shame of it) and none of them can afford to go either. Bit of a pisstake really cos they`re all (kind of) from Hammersmith but they have to watch the blues on the telly whilst the stadiums full of football trendies from Surrey that shout 'handball!' whenenver the keeper picks up.

Still, my uncle Seamus made up for it by having 'C.F.C.' inset into his blockpaving in the back garden. Classy.

Message 17/300                 Date: 19-Oct-01  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bastiaan (Hajee)

hehe... my gramps was a Sparta Fan...Sparta Rotterdam that is...heheh...

Message 18/300                 Date: 06-Jan-02  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

cardiff city!!!

hic.

Message 19/300                 Date: 06-Jan-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

j-type

i couldn't agree more

Message 20/300                 Date: 06-Jan-02  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

heh heh, is that a reference to country folk? i was refering to my alcohol intake.

do the ayatollah! do the ayatollah! la la la la, la la la la!

Message 21/300                 Date: 06-Jan-02  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

^ sam the man speaks.

Message 22/300                 Date: 07-Jan-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

Remember the 'incidents' with Luton in the cup and then league in the early 90s? You deserved it anyway you dirty bastards  

you`ll get chucked out of the cup this time y`know.

Message 23/300                 Date: 07-Jan-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

fuck the cup. premiership in 15 years. we'll have the biggest gate (bar united) when we get our 60,000 capacity stadium. full every week, it'll be.

Message 24/300                 Date: 16-Jan-02  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

we're goin down the pub!

'urry up 'arry come on

we're goin dahn the pub!

anyway, hope it's the chelsea game and not those other london scum.

11:45 i'll be mainly posting drunken nonsense, followed by tommorrow morning; wow my new rode ntk mic has arrived, and no-one can tell me anything about a focusrite trakmaster.

Message 25/300                 Date: 16-Jan-02  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

is there another game on? thought it was only cuntsea vs norwich.

anyway, got dragged down to fulham v wycombe last night and all I can say is, Wycombe fans - you`re the biggest pile of shit I`ve ever heard in the 17 years or so I`ve been going to matches, apart from twatford that is. They took a big mob but all they could manage was a few bars of 'barmy army' every 20 minutes or so, pile of shit. Getting outsung by fulham at craven cottage must be pretty embarassing for any team really. Oh, and the match was shit too.

But what about the Berwick anyway! nearly wet meself when I heard that one.

Message 26/300                 Date: 16-Jan-02  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

oh, i thought spurs were playing as well. maybe not.

yes berwick.

Message 27/300                 Date: 16-Jan-02  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

they are playing, but I dont think its on telly.

football365 pointed out that Berwick are a team in England that play in the Scottish league and Rangers are a team in Scotland that want to play in England so they should swap grounds. Seems like a good idea to me.

Message 28/300                 Date: 16-Jan-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

jeez

Message 29/300                 Date: 17-Jan-02  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

when cardiff get to the premier, those pesky jocks are going to be mightily pissed off. ha ha.

Message 30/300                 Date: 17-Jan-02  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

when luton get to the premier league ......no wait, I`ve just spotted a flaw in my plan.

Message 31/300                 Date: 17-Jan-02  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

Premier league Luton...I smell an oxymoron.

Message 32/300                 Date: 17-Jan-02  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

moujik

...only if they bring back their plastic pitch.

Message 33/300                 Date: 17-Jan-02  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

.....and our "fuck off all away fans" sign.

Message 34/300                 Date: 22-Jan-02  @  10:42 PM     Edit: 22-Jan-02  |  10:59 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

oh yes, oh yes, oh yes.

yes.

[pool]

Message 35/300                 Date: 23-Jan-02  @  12:01 AM     Edit: 23-Jan-02  |  12:05 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

heh, can`t say I`ve much love for those scouse tits but I did enjoy that one.

Message 36/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  05:53 PM     Edit: 13-Feb-02  |  06:36 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

while england lose away to the dutch, just watch wales beat the argies!

Message 37/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

...and lets all look forward to that mouthwatering world cup final in the summer between Japan and South Korea.

I think its about time Sven used friendlies to actually play his first 11 together rather than give fringe players another chance like he will tonight. I mean, we all know Ricketts or Phillips won`t be going to the wc bar a serious injury crisis so better to get the first choice team used to each other up against top quality opposition.

err .....you Welsh twat.

Message 38/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

how come our ryan only plays friendlies? we only get the first team out for the pointless matches.

err ... twll dy din.

Message 39/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

lunarsea

what the......i thought this was
dancetech...christ on a bike i cant get away
from the damn game!

Message 40/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

What's worse is for those of us who live in the states that are forced to read these posts. I mean, do I HAVE TO read this thread?

Message 41/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

smug [ish]

Message 42/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

fcuk yeah, 1-1 against the best team in the world ......I didn`t think Argentina had it in em ;)

England reserves were the better team against Holland too so it was a good day. And but for a fluke deflected shot they would`ve got the win they deserved.

Message 43/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

..and does this mean now that when England lose to Argentina in the wc we`re going to have to put up with Welsh people telling us how they`re better than England for all of eternity?

Message 44/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bastiaan (Hajee)

screw you guys...let's never talk football again...at elst untill we qualify for something at least vaguely important.

Message 45/300                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

wales have been better than england for all eternity.

Message 46/300                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

And I REALLY had to read all that? :P

Message 47/300                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

xoxos

you're saying wales just matched argentina in football? their economy must be trashed!

Message 48/300                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

we've got a lot in common, & wales tried to colonize argentina once. (patagonia)

Message 49/300                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

the world and his wife

gibber gibber foam foam ni ni fu tum tsh!

Message 50/300                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

heh, should`ve seen that one coming.

we`re england ow-woah-ah-woah

we`re ennngland ow-woah-ah-woah

we`re going to Japan

but wales are staying at home.....

Message 51/300                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

we like it here.

we do.

have you heard sven got rushed to hospital? he's got a bad side.

(v. droll, swap sven for your manager of choice)

Message 52/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

can all the london wankers stop moaning, please? the scouse gits were fun last year. but all these guys do is gripe about having to travel. bunch of tossers.

Message 53/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

that reminds me.....

Two Scousers are riding along the M62 from Manchester to Liverpool on a motorbike. They break down and start hitching a lift. A friendly trucker stops to see if he can help and the scousers ask him for a lift. He tells them that he has no room in the wagon as he is
carrying 20,000 bowling balls but will take a look at the bike for them.

He tries everything he knows but is unable to repair it. Time is getting on now and he's late for his delivery so he tells the scousers he has to leave. The scousers put it to the driver that if they can manage to fit in the back with the 20,000 bowling balls, will he take them, so he agrees. They manage to squeeze themselves and their motorbike into the back of the wagon so the driver shuts the doors and gets off on
his way. By this time he is really late and so puts his foot down.

Sure enough PC Plod of Greater Manchester Police pulls him up for speeding. The good officer asks the driver what he is carrying to which he
replies with sarcasm " Scouse eggs". The policeman obviously doesn't believe this so wants to take a look. He opens the back door and quickly shuts it and locks it. He rushes back to his cruiser and gets onto his radio and calls for immediate backup from as many officers as possible. The dispatcher asks
what emergency he has that he requires so many officers. "I've got a wagon with 20,000 Scouse eggs in it - 2 have already hatched and the f*ckers have managed to nick a motorbike already".

Message 54/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Steve's mate Jed

Not that we've won anything 2002 but....

WE ARE THE PRIDE OF ALL EUROPE - THE COCK OF THE NORTH

WE *HATE SCOUSERS AND COCKNEYS OF COURSE*

WE ARE UNITED WITHOUT ANY DOUBT - WE ARE THE MANCHESTER BOYS!!!!

NAR NAR NA NA NA NA NARR NA NA NA NA NAR NAARRR

UH!!!!!!

Jed - MANC born and till I die (i.e. not actually from London)

;)

Message 55/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

I wish Chelsea'd turn it up a bit... we cant have bloody Arsenal winning... nooooo...

Message 56/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

boring boring boring, what a waste of 4 cans of stella.

Message 57/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

yeah... Chelsea seemed out of their depth really

Message 58/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

soulsurvivor

Man who???????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 59/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

man ure.

Message 60/300                 Date: 04-May-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

oh vienna!!! geddit?

Message 61/300                 Date: 14-May-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

"a message to you rudi ..."

one nil, one nil!!!!!!!

we love you ernie!!!!

that's made my season, that has.

not that any of you would lot have seen it/care.

Message 62/300                 Date: 14-May-02  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Euros

You should have seen the Germans' faces. It WAS NOT happening to them. But it ing well was!

It's funny how some teams - so convinced are they of their own ability - that they find it especially difficult to accept that they're finding themselves on the losing side. But hey; it happens.

Take note, England.

p.s. I konw you beat them 5-1 (Christ. 5-Live keep reminding us on a daily basis!) - but give me some slack for God's sake.

Message 63/300                 Date: 14-May-02  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

my money is on France.

Message 64/300                 Date: 14-May-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

euros

No Pires. No cup.

Message 65/300                 Date: 14-May-02  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

it'll be italy you twats.

best thing about the 5-1 was that even after that the Germans still thought they were better than us.

Message 66/300                 Date: 15-May-02  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

this is all very well, but we just beat Germany again.

Message 67/300                 Date: 15-May-02  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

frostbyte

as always, i'm thorn between france and england.

i'd have to check pics of both teams for a tie breaker :0

Message 68/300                 Date: 07-Sep-02  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

COME ON WALES!!! SPARKY RULZ!!

Message 69/300                 Date: 07-Sep-02  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

did you notice that when sparky got rid of the
mullet Wales hit form?

coincidence? I think not.

massive derby on Tuesday - come on you
hatters!

Message 70/300                 Date: 08-Sep-02  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

2 fuckin nil! Woo fuckin hoo! Bring on the Italians!!!

I don't think there is a mullet factor here, he didn't have it when he started and they were calling it the worst Welsh team in history 18 months ago. Sparky's made us hard to beat and now he's makeing us look like we can win games. Fan-fookin-tastic.

5 o clock is a very civilised time to watch a game as well, don't have to go to the pub 'til half three, and there's still plenty drinking time after it's finished.

*very quietly* We're goin to Portugal, We're goin to Portugal!

Message 71/300                 Date: 08-Sep-02  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

sorry, but

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!

fifa can stick their ranking up their ffycing arses!

SPAAAAAAAAAAARKYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

ok, i'm better now.

Message 72/300                 Date: 09-Sep-02  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

it's the mullet, you nonce.

I see ex town players scored for both Wales
and Eire as well. Shame we got paid fcukall
for either of them. And it looks like Matty Taylor
will be heading for england honours soon too

Message 73/300                 Date: 09-Sep-02  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

in retrospect

"From: k
Web: no weblink
Date: 14-may-02 - 10:59 pm
File?: no file added
my money is on France."

Message 74/300                 Date: 09-Sep-02  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

in retrospect

"From: k
Web: no weblink
Date: 14-may-02 - 10:59 pm
File?: no file added
my money is on France."

Message 75/300                 Date: 10-Sep-02  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

well i've a theory about that....

Message 76/300                 Date: 11-Sep-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bastiaan

Well well well, since you ficks where all running around those pitches in Korea and Japan our lads have gone through excessive training. Months of hard core golf playin strolling on southern France's boulevards and groups sex with danish prostitutes have hardened our team to steel like strength.

Why even bother qualifying when this time the Dutch WILL win, for sure.

No, I mean it.

Message 77/300                 Date: 11-Sep-02  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

xoxos

send me some seeds.

Message 78/300                 Date: 12-Sep-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bastiaan

Seeds? Last time a sent a letter filled with cocaine the FBI/CIA and whatnot got totally upset with a few grams of 'powdery' substance.

Maybe someone should tell these folks that it will not give the desired effect as long as they wear those rubber suits and gasmasks.

Message 79/300                 Date: 12-Sep-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

xoxos

well put 'em inside a tape cassette and don't stick yer return addy on it innit! :p

Message 80/300                 Date: 17-Sep-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

c'mon Valencia!!!!!!!!... oh yes!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 81/300                 Date: 18-Sep-02  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

ewww.. valencia were gooood man...

shame about borussia dortmund.. sniff.. heh

Message 82/300                 Date: 18-Sep-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

COME ON HAIFA! WOO HOO!

Message 83/300                 Date: 18-Sep-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

heh.. then man u score 2.5 mins l8r

go haifa! or whoever u r

Message 84/300                 Date: 25-Sep-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

1 Cardiff City 10 6 3 1 7 21

2 QPR 10 6 2 2 11 20

3 Wigan Athletic 10 6 2 2 10 20

4 Oldham Athletic 10 6 2 2 9 20

5 Crewe Alexandra 10 5 4 1 8 19

Message 85/300                 Date: 25-Sep-02  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

...and you still couldn't beat us at home.

I wanted you to win today actually for a change
- argyle fans are an arrogant, racist bunch of
genetic mishaps.

Message 86/300                 Date: 13-Oct-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

4 wins on the trot now taffy bollocks.

Message 87/300                 Date: 13-Oct-02  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

mid table, pah! we're back on top again!

i'm all excited about wednesday. bring it on!

Message 88/300                 Date: 14-Oct-02  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

we were 2nd bottom not long ago though,
bich.

are you going to the italia game then or is it off
to the pub?

Message 89/300                 Date: 15-Oct-02  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

nah, i couldn't last the 2 hours without a beer :P

Message 90/300                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

woohoo! come on! etc.

Message 91/300                 Date: 16-Oct-02  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

well done macedonia and cymru. that
macedonia are a good side you know, ranked
90th in the world I heard.

arse.

Message 92/300                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

urgh, fuck, i'm home early  

Message 93/300                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

actually, look, 2 fucking 1 !!!!!!!!!!!

and it was a wednesday night, best i ever had.

Message 94/300                 Date: 20-Oct-02  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

5 on the trot now you scum. you'll be playing with the big boys soon.

i saw the wales/italy game on video yesterday and you know what? we out-classed them. did you hear me? out-classed.

wales out-class italy ... wales out-class italy ... wales out-class italy. sweet.

you can stick your oxymoron up your arse.  

Message 95/300                 Date: 20-Oct-02  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

lol!

Message 96/300                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

you couldn't even score in Blackpool, nobber.
We scored TWICE. Not once, BUT TWICE.
Never mind the 5 goals they scored, we
scored TWICE. TWICE, dammit.

I only caught the end of the cum-ree match but
it made me wish I'd seen it all, if only for mr
enthusiastic on commentary duties - "and
wales have won a throw in!!! have you ever
seen such a good winning of a thrown in
before!!!???? That really was a superb piece
of throw in winning from the welsh side!!!". He
so classy. I'll concede that you did look good
though.

and to make it even better, england are shite
and rather than each individual carrying the
can for being piss-poor as they should they
seem to be happy to let the German porn star
we have in goal take all the blame. Facking
plums. We're still better than you at darts
though, and don't you forget it.

Message 97/300                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  08:17 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

yes, sadly leighton rees isn't throwing his arrows today, what a man, what a gut.

i'm trying to find a picture, but no luck. it was shown on the telly for the italy match - a welsh flag with the added slogan "Eat more chips - Don't let salad win"

Message 98/300                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Posted on the Sheffield United Website by a fan:

Quote:

I'm feeling all angry about these modern day footballers, and I
know why they have gone all soft. It's because of poncy names. That's what it
is.

Remember in the old days, when footy players kicked a fucking ball made
out of ten pound of clay stitched inside a steel-reinforced leather
shell with laces made out of piano wire? Well, in them days players could only
survive the rigours of the game because they were called things like
Albert, Arthur, Bert, Harry, Bill, Eddie, Bob, Jack and Tommy. Fucking
tough names for tough men, them was. And what do we have now? Gareth, Jason,
Wayne, Dean, Ryan, Jamie, Robbie. Fucking tarts' names, they are. Great
big fucking poofs.

No wonder the ball's like a fucking balloon and shin pads are like slices
of bread. In the old days you never saw a Len Shackleton or a Billy
Wright with a poofy little Sondico piece of paper down his little thin socks.
Fucking shin-pads in them days was made out of library books, and
socks was like sackcloth. Same with the jerseys. Fucking shirts with holes in
'em now so they can breathe. Yes, so that little Jody's hairless chest can
breathe and he doesn't get a chill. Fuck off.

Stanley Matthews used to dribble round Europe's finest wearing a
fucking tent and shorts cobbled together from the jacket of his de-mob
suit.

Aye, he fucking did.

No wonder players fall over all the time whenever an opponent comes
anywhere near them. And they never used to show their arses at one
another either.

Can you imagine what might have happened if Don Revie had flashed
his ring at Nat Lofthouse during a City-Bolton Wanderers game? He'd have got
one of them size-13 hobnail fuckers up his bastard chuff.

Fucking therapy for stress my arse! Stan Collymore slaps his missus
about and he takes three seasons off with stress counselling. What the
fuck is that all about? In the old days it was expected for footballers to
belt the old sow about a bit, specially after a bad defeat. And the women
used to expect it, and so they should have. They was lucky to be married to
footballers. Ha! Trevor Morley got a kitchen knife in his back off his wife
and was out of action for three months. Soft twat.

Archie McShi** of Port Vale got run over with horse and cart one
Friday night and he still turned out against Bradford the following day. And
he scored two goals. That's cos his name wasn't "Trevor".

Good old Archie. Broke his hip, both his legs, murdered his wife and buried her under
the patio and still made the England team for the Home internationals.
Did he have any "stress counselling"? Did he bollocks!

And drugs? There was none of that in the old days. Oh, no. In them
days it was a quick shot of morphine before kick-off and you was lucky if
you got that. By half-time it had all but wore off so they pumped you full
of laudanum. None of this cocaine sniffing and shooting up class A
narcotics.

Goal celebrations? Don't talk to me about goal celebrations.
Crawling on the floor and thrusting their hips at the crowd. Huh! I'd like to
have seen Cliff Bastin do that after a run down the left flank and crossing
for Alex James to fire home a winner. Handshakes...and that was all you got.

That and a wank in the showers afterwards. But it was a proper
wank...all man stuff. None of these poofy wanks between blokes that you get
nowadays with players like Graeme Le Saux and Stephen Gerrard. Allegedly. In
them days, there was nowt wrong with it cos it didn't mean nowt. They
used to say there was a "gay atmosphere" in the dressing room after the match.
But it didn't mean owt mucky. Just a bit of harmless spanking the plank
among healthy young sportsmen.

Aye. I know. Me dad told me.

Sixty grand a fucking week! Ha! I wouldn't pay 'em tuppence. Two bob
is what Tommy Lawton used to get...a month! And Tom Finney still
worked as a plumber four days a week when he was playing for England.

It's true, you know. Fucking is.

Players had to work them days just to make up their money. Not like
today. Stan Pearson had to clean sewers and doubled up as Old Trafford
shithouse cleaner. He had to go off during one game because some cunt had
built a log cabin and blocked the U-bend. And that Eddie Hapgood was a male
model.....though he never liked to talk about it.

So I say we start calling kids real male names again. If you're
having a kid, don't even consider poofy names and shite names like what
people call their kids these days.

Otherwise what we gonna get in twenty years' time? The England team
full of players called Keanu, Ronan, Ashley and fucking Chesney. Fuck that!
Call your kids Alf, Herbert, Len, Frank, Fred and Wilf. And let's get
the poofs out of the game once and for all !!!

I thank you for your time ...... Unquote

Message 99/300                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steef

too true. Now Mick Harford - there was one
hard bastard. Graeme Le Saux? Yeah, well.

I digress,

macabbi la la laa la
macabbi a laa laa la

Message 100/300                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

damballah

Oh man, that was a great match in Campinas, over near Sao Paolo, Brazil, wasn't it? Between Guarani and Ponte Preta! Fantastic! The fans started out by throwing rocks at the cops. So the cops herded the fans over by a railing by smacking the fans around with their billy clubs. Then the railing collapsed and about 30 fans got dumped about 14 feet down into a concrete moat! Some of 'em even had broken bones! I LOVE SOCCER! WHAT A GREAT SPORT! BTW, Ponte Preta won 4-2.

Message 101/300                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

4-2? that's all very well and good, but how many bones?

Message 102/300                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Steven Gerrard

c'mon liverpule....

Message 103/300                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

bollocks. wales play azerbaijan on wednesday, and no thanks to fifa since they fucked us over with their ridiculous descicion not to invoke the 4 day rule, we're now missing 7 players, thanks to the likes of bobby twatting robson and that steve bruce arsewipe. no bellamy and no savage or nathan blake. bollocks.

at least azerbaijan seem to be having their own problems (with only 8 of their squad having played any football this season)

Message 104/300                 Date: 15-Apr-03  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

bollocks. shite. feck.

Message 105/300                 Date: 15-Apr-03  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

Blimey, since when have Wales had a football team ?

Message 106/300                 Date: 15-Apr-03  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

oh, not long. we had one ten years ago, but couldn't score any penalties.

Wednesday 13th February 2002 Wales 1 - Argentina 1

Tuesday 14th May 2002 Wales 1 - Germany 0

Wednesday 16th October 2002 Wales 2 - Italy 1

Message 107/300                 Date: 15-Apr-03  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

man called clay

oh sports!
ah...but therein lies......ooops> another word from our sponsor.
the guy has got a ball and he's running with it...oh damn..he's kickin the thing...what gives?!?!
people really put money on this shit eh?

Message 108/300                 Date: 16-Apr-03  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

Football is known as "the beautiful game". I mean real football, not the american version of rugby with lots of poofs mincing around a pitch with too much protective padding on.

Message 109/300                 Date: 16-Apr-03  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

psylichon

Take that to the America Sux forum, jock. Oh wait, we don't have one... we should, ain't??

psy

Message 110/300                 Date: 18-Apr-03  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

did anyone watch fanzone on the arse/man ure match yesterday?

*camera pans over to a section of the arsenal fans*

glory-hunting manc twat: "hahahahaha!!! look at those mongs, I've never seen such an ugly bunch of fans in my life!!!"

glory-hunting mockney twat: "that's the disabled section you northern monkey."

quality!

Message 111/300                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

they let raspberries into footy matches ?

Message 112/300                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

White Hart Lane would be empty if they didn't.

Message 113/300                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

Less of that. I remember when Chaz and Dave did the Spurs FA Cup songs. Pure class. Does Ricardo Villa still play for them ?

Message 114/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

ccccaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddiiiiiiiiiiffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!

Message 115/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

look, we won. a'right!?

Message 116/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

psylichon

You took the time to POST, too! My god, must have been a lame afterparty... ;)

Message 117/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Moujik

Gotta say well done... was a shite game, but still.

One thing: with Earnshaw & Cambell, Cardiff will have officially the ugliest strikeforce in the 1st Division...

Message 118/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Maarten

Good for you, whoever they (he?) are / is etc.  

Message 119/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

well done on beating those west london pikeys taffy, cheered me up a bit that did all things considered.

Message 120/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

File?:  [image]

[image file]

yeah earnie's not the best looker is he?

watched it again today, crap match, nicely taken goal though. let's see if hammam puts his hand in his pocket again.

there was talk of him leading the procession ^ from ninan park into town on the back of an elephant or a camel. what a knob.

rich knob though.

Message 121/300                 Date: 26-May-03  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

bedwyr

actually it's not been bad year for welsh footie. cardiff and wrecsam up, swansea just managing to stay in the league, wales topping their group, breaking the longest unbeaten run, getting into the top 50 in fifa's ranking and beating italy 2-1. nice.

btw you yanks. we're playing you in san diego tonight at 3am. but we've not got any of our star players there so i think we'll struggle in this one. feck.

Message 122/300                 Date: 27-May-03  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

can I just say it's nice to see Wolves doing well.

Message 123/300                 Date: 27-May-03  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

yes you can. :P

damn yanks beat us 2-0. if it wasn't for dumb matthew jones giving away a penalty then getting sent off for handball we might have stayed in it, even with a second choice team.

Message 124/300                 Date: 28-May-03  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

I wonder if wales will qualify for the next world cup..... *snigger*

Message 125/300                 Date: 28-May-03  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

first things first; euro cup finals. table^

but with hartson probably out for a while i'm a little concerned.

now, where exactly _is_ macedonia again?

Message 126/300                 Date: 28-May-03  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

Isnt it in Snowdonia ?

Message 127/300                 Date: 28-May-03  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

^^

Message 128/300                 Date: 28-May-03  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

yeah funny as . apparently there was all sorts of noise going off before the fire alarm, fireworks and shit. then hammam's old dodgy-as- bodyguard sets off the firealarm. (ex cardiff city security guard as it says in the bbc thing ^)

a little search for neil macnamara reveals more -

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=newsukfs&tab=news&q=Neil+MacNamara&x=11&y=10

Message 129/300                 Date: 04-Jun-03  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

BluStudio

Why women are like football grounds!

1. There is a vast difference in grounds with regards to length and width,thus varying the quality of the play.

2. Pitches vary from the well-grassed to the completely bald.

3. Remember it is possible to score at both ends.

4. Tackling from behind is not always an offence - check with ground-owner.

5. Be careful, as after a few pints a ground appears to be of Premiership standard but in reality would not even be eligible as a council dumping ground.

6. Only some grounds offer five-a-side facilities.

7. Don't ever make public your desires to play at Wembley, also never mention pitches previously visited.

8. Extra time is dependent on subsequent pitch bookings.

9. If the ground does not seem to have under-soil heating suggest calling the game off, possibly even contact the coroner.

10. When building a team it is always nice to finish with Seaman at the back.

11. Wet pitches allow for long sliding tackles.

12. Always ask before leaving the pitch and entering the tunnel.
Conversely, DO NOT expect to be allowed to come straight from the tunnel to the goal mouth and score. That can leave an awful taste in the mouth of the pitch owner and may prevent further use of the ground.

13. Personal morals may be compromised by local derbies.

14. It is illegal to play on small, unturfed pitches.

15. From time-to-time the goal may be obstructed by a highly absorbent goalie.

16. Russian grounds are frequently more grassy.

17. French grounds are frequently very nice to look at, however there can sometimes be an awful smell from the terraces, which don't get hosed down as often as they should.

18. Very few grounds are found with executive boxes.

19. Be wary of grounds with room for coaches.

20. Always be on the look out for grounds that host ladies football two evenings a week.

21. Pitches with a waterlogged end, can be out of bounds for up to 5 days a month, although this can be longer if you piss the owner off by continually asking to play up the good end instead.

22. Players will have to agree personal terms with the club, before being allowed to play on the turf.

23. Always look for a ground that has never been played on before (or at least hasn't had many visits). That said, well used grounds may have better atmosphere.

Message 130/300                 Date: 03-Aug-03  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

only a week to go! woohoo etc.

yes yes, premiership don't start 'til a week later.

*** plus important date for wales, s&m have had a tough time recently but they got that manager who did so well for nigeria in the world cup running them now. eek.

20 August:
Serbia and Montenegro v Wales (Red Star Stadium Belgrade, 1915 BST) Euro 2004 qualifier

a win there and we're 5 points ahead then a draw in the san siro (errr..) then we got two home games to make it.

Message 131/300                 Date: 04-Aug-03  @  12:06 AM     Edit: 04-Aug-03  |  12:07 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

BluStudio

cant wait for the champions league proper to get started meself- sky's doing it now, so they are going to have every game showing interactive so you can flick to any game live

- its gonna be fuckin great, especially with all the british teams in it this year assuming the non seeds qualify past the knockouts which they should do no probs.

blu

Message 132/300                 Date: 05-Aug-03  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

dARKSTATe

I'll be enjoying top notch Nationwide League action this season... C'mon you Hammers!!

Message 133/300                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

it's started. woohoo. blooooooooooooooooooooooobiii-iirds!!

i see the hammers aren't doing too well already. come on preston! teehee.

Message 134/300                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

well cardiff have started off shite.

but COME ON WALES!!!!!!!! we got to beat those dirty fouling serbs tonight! i shall be in the pub drinking guiness.

Message 135/300                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

dARKSTATe

We're doin' ok.. though we could've done with more than a point against Sheffield..

Message 136/300                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

who's showing the england game the night? is it sky or terrestrial, or should i just go outside and play hide and go myself cos your a wales fan?

Message 137/300                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

Footie - Oh well at least they have some shit now to fill the Tv slots so we don't have to watch 'Furniture Shops From Hell' or whatever

Message 138/300                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

they showed "kebab houses from hell" once, jock was in almost every shot

Message 139/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

"arseholes bastards Fucking s and pricks"

don't start

Message 140/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

not fair, everytime i swear if ing blanks my ing ing bastard words out, ing fat dogs ing ing cock!

Message 141/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

look you. Fuck and maybe even Cunts.

it's easy really.

Message 142/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

it's Fucking not.

Message 143/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

Kilogramme, can you take the swear filter off mate, it makes me feel more at ease knowing that i can vent the swearing in here

Message 144/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

you's just dumb. can't see it can you?

Message 145/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

are you calling me Fucking Dumb? you Cunt!

Message 146/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

oh ahh

Message 147/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock

Im a Gay Cunt and i take it up the arse and i will do it for chips

Message 148/300                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

spot

thats the spirit mate

Message 149/300                 Date: 22-Aug-03  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

cheddar

ing

Message 150/300                 Date: 18-Sep-03  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

[image file]

an oldie but a goodie.

well done Finland by the way.

Message 151/300                 Date: 18-Sep-03  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Spot

heh heh heh, no arsenal fans in here then?

Message 152/300                 Date: 22-Sep-03  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

I find Arsenal is oddly the club of choice for out of town girls living in London & usualy working in a 'creative industry' who got into footie back in 96 when it was suddenly trendy for them to like footie and drinking until they puked. They never seem to 'support' west-ham, fulham or qpr etc for some reason.

btw, took a bus trip out to see Valencia CF's stadium last week, very nice.

Message 153/300                 Date: 03-Dec-03  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

*cough*

might not be best clever to click the link if you're at work though.

Message 154/300                 Date: 04-Dec-03  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Spot

too late

Message 155/300                 Date: 04-May-05  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

[image file]

hehe

Message 156/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

LOL!

Message 157/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

psylichon

the apostrophe is in the wrong place. poor grammar to boot.

sorry, but it kinda ruined it for me.

Message 158/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

pict

US English ha ha ha 'sneers like John Lydon'

Message 159/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

poor Chelsea, they wuz robbed  

Message 160/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  08:39 AM     Edit: 05-May-05  |  08:40 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

awwwwwwwww never mind, you can always buy it next year

you're plastic champions anyway, you shouldn't need reminding of who won the big one

Message 161/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

my only contribution to this convo is Pompey 4- Scumhampton 1-- made my bloody century!!

greg

Message 162/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

it must have  

Message 163/300                 Date: 05-May-05  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

poor chelsea? fuck chelsea .. they couldn't manage to score a goal over 180 minutes either.

the scousers are gonna win it in istanbul.

Message 164/300                 Date: 06-May-05  @  12:28 AM     Edit: 06-May-05  |  12:29 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

0/d

carrager. is that how you spell it? Well i was watching the other night and it felt like watching chelsea vs Jamey Carragher in the six yard box. Every single attack. jammy fuckers tho. Psv were robbed too.

Message 165/300                 Date: 23-Jun-05  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Germany v. Brazil on this weekend... confederation cup... good chance to check out
the opposition for next years' world cup...

Message 166/300                 Date: 23-Jun-05  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

http://www.freefootball.org/

havent checked this yet- but will do when the season starts...hope it works!!

greg

Message 167/300                 Date: 23-Jun-05  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

I feel really despondent about the national team a the moment, we won't win anything with that arsehole in charge.

not that we weren't experts at losing before like, but at least we were nearly always glorious losers, none of this limping out of tournament pathetically.

Message 168/300                 Date: 23-Jun-05  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

defeat is always snatched from the jaws of victory....well unless we playing' germany...

greg

Message 169/300                 Date: 08-Jul-05  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

ken livingstone and beckham (the two smugest men ever?) are trying to get a 'british' football team together for the olympics. please god no.

Message 170/300                 Date: 08-Jul-05  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

beds wrote:

ken livingstone and beckham (the two smugest men ever?) are trying to get a british football team together for the olympics. please god no.

Does that mean Ryan gets to carry the water bottles?

;)

Message 171/300                 Date: 05-Aug-05  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Good start for Gordon Strachan then?

Message 172/300                 Date: 05-Aug-05  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

the ginger twat

Message 173/300                 Date: 05-Aug-05  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Seal dribbling!!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player.html?catID=26&clipID=557

Message 174/300                 Date: 22-Aug-05  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Garuna

Most of the time being from Denmark and following football is a pain in the arse. But not this week.... 4-1. Can you feel the loooove.

Message 175/300                 Date: 22-Aug-05  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

tsk.... hey, MIllwall got hided eh by Reading, lol ... where did the glory days go?  

Message 176/300                 Date: 22-Aug-05  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

welsh ham united are doing ok too.

ha ha ha engerland, it was only a friendly though eh?

Message 177/300                 Date: 23-Aug-05  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Nice one Liverpool.. into the main draw..

;)

Message 178/300                 Date: 24-Aug-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

aye, too close though. same as the match on saturday.

and cisse needs to score a couple soon.

owen back in the squad just before the window finishes. apparently.

Message 179/300                 Date: 24-Aug-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

deserved that loss...were the 'pool we all know and well er admire...

greg

Message 180/300                 Date: 03-Sep-05  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

[image file]

bring it on!

Message 181/300                 Date: 03-Sep-05  @  12:54 PM     Edit: 03-Sep-05  |  12:55 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

Liverpool are shit and will finish 5th behind Tottingham. FACT.

can't err wait to see Beckham in the holding midfield role today

Message 182/300                 Date: 04-Sep-05  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

boring match, but more impressed with our young team than with engerland.

good to see wales trying to play a short passing game, even if they relented to long ball for the last 20 minutes, stupid eriksson bringing on 3 subs towards the end showed us no respect and he could have had a 1-1 on his plate with england losing their shape.

thing is, how the hell are england gonna get far in the finals playing like that?

meanwhile, the natives are getting restless again

Message 183/300                 Date: 06-Sep-05  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

thing is, how the hell are england gonna get far in the finals playing like that?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hehe, we wont- seriously dont know whats wrong-on paper they are a very good team- or at least should be...

greg

Message 184/300                 Date: 07-Sep-05  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

supposedly our tactical genius of a manager is going to play 4-5-1 again with Owen (all five foot nine of him) as the lone striker and Rooney (our only genuinely outstanding player) on the left. What a cunt.

we don't have anything like as good a bunch of players as the media like to make out, but that twat Sven is making it far worse.

COME ON NORN IRON

Message 185/300                 Date: 07-Sep-05  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

i rate wright-phillips, lampard, gerrard, rooney, ash cole and terry, the rest are good but i think its seeing those names together that instills a great confidence in me- then of course i watch them play....

greg

Message 186/300                 Date: 07-Sep-05  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

indeed.

wales lost 1-0 to a penalty, still, they looked ok again, probably a bit better than saturday.

when are engerland gonna get rid of sven?

Message 187/300                 Date: 07-Sep-05  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

when we find the money to pay off his massive contract I guess. what a cunt

Message 188/300                 Date: 07-Sep-05  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

and while I'm at it - a few years back after we trounced Wycombe in the league, Lawrie Sanchez claimed that they were just as good as us, only we were better at defending and better at scoring goals than them.

that man just out-thought Sven Goran Eriksson

Message 189/300                 Date: 08-Sep-05  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

lol

Message 190/300                 Date: 09-Sep-05  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

supposedly our tactical genius of a manager is going to play 4-5-1 again with Owen (all five foot nine of him) as the lone striker and Rooney (our only genuinely outstanding player) on the left. What a cunt.

was none of that 4-5-1 wingback malarky when i was a young'un

they played 4-4-2 all day and didnt wear shinguards or earings neither

bring back big tez butcher!

our mob 'tanned' norway 2-1 hahaha, 'mon kenny 'the new dalgleish' miller!

bring on (ahem) 2010!!!

Message 191/300                 Date: 20-Sep-05  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

millwall, stoke then luton next up for (cardiff) city. oh joy of joys.

cardiff are on a 2 win run now as well, you hatters better watch out.

Message 192/300                 Date: 20-Sep-05  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

heh... Grimsbeh' 1... Tottm.. nil pointe... poor bastards, everyone in the pub supports chelsea of course round here but there was one Tottm supporting local in and he was looking well grim at the end

Message 193/300                 Date: 21-Sep-05  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

we got done by gillingham- goalie gaffs- but the scum got done by maccelsfield so there is a small bit of good to come out of yesterday-

greg

Message 194/300                 Date: 01-Oct-05  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

come on city! 1-1 half time.

die luton scum. or something.

Message 195/300                 Date: 01-Oct-05  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

ha ha ha ha ha etc. etc.

fcuk me, we're good

Message 196/300                 Date: 01-Oct-05  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

yes, fuck you.

how did they ever get good? you're like west ham in the premiership.

Message 197/300                 Date: 02-Oct-05  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

I'll be buggered if I know.

not long now before the Bedfordshire Bernebau graces the top flight once again

Message 198/300                 Date: 09-Oct-05  @  01:28 PM     Edit: 09-Oct-05  |  01:29 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

good old keggy.

LOVE YOU LONG TIME JONNY

and england are still shit.

Message 199/300                 Date: 09-Oct-05  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

and wales won a match under toshack. excellent.

Message 200/300                 Date: 12-Nov-05  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

please, no more of this nonsense about one Great Britain team for the olympics, doesn't matter if us or the jocks wouldn't get a player in the team, it's just a nail in the coffin for the welsh and scottish FA. apparently fifa talked about one team for the uk at some point in the past four years.

Message 201/300                 Date: 12-Nov-05  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

i don't see how it would affect scotchland and wales to be honest, you both still have your own leagues. not that i give a monkeys or anything.

oh look, we're world beaters again

Message 202/300                 Date: 14-Nov-05  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

no real point in a gb team- wouldn't warrant any scots but they would have to have at least one team member to be pc- means from the start the team is a compromise...im not some nationalist arsehole but i dont really feel British- i feel English- although having been to both Scotland and Wales and liked them (well i liked glasgow- didnt like newport   ) i didnt feel part of them at all and cant really relate to scottish or welsh culture, the Irish one is even more alien to me- ive always felt English and have only stated British on form cos its pc to do so...

greg

Message 203/300                 Date: 14-Nov-05  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

newport's so shit, we think it's in england.

Message 204/300                 Date: 15-Nov-05  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

hehe, good one...

greg

Message 205/300                 Date: 15-Nov-05  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

it's a running joke in cardiff, easy windup of newport people, just say it's in england. general reputation is as a complete shithole.

though they do have those goldie lookin chain helping them out these days, poor dabs. i saw one of them in my local thai restaraunt the other day, obviously the fame has gone to his head, forgot his newport roots and moved to upper splott, living it large with the king prawns.

Message 206/300                 Date: 16-Nov-05  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

quality! me thinking you had made up that name framely style and its actually a place!!

goldie lookin chain eh? best thing they ever released was that dictionary...

greg

Message 207/300                 Date: 16-Nov-05  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

would be full of english players anyhow, apart from ryan gigs if he was a bit younger but still kind of pointless-

however footballs a wierd one- athletics, tennis etc etc no one gives a monkeys where the athletes are from and they get full British backing

Colin Jackson (wales) and Greg Murray (scotland ) being two fully fledged brits off the top of my head that seems perfectly fine to the nation

bring in football and everycunt gets all shirty and starts thinking back to the 16 hundreds , heh

I think the reason no one wants involved with the british team football wise is cos none of us want associated with your hooligan supporters!

Message 208/300                 Date: 16-Nov-05  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

0/d

just pray with me for the fai not to give el tel the job. fuck that for a caper...

Message 209/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Garuna

Cyprus - Wales 1 - 0

The visitors surprisingly failed to pose any real threat to the Cypriot goal much to the disappointment of almost 500 Welsh supporters at the Tsirion stadium.

Message 210/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

thanks, didn't even have one shot on target

Message 211/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

thing is england have a a huge number of very succesfull football promotion community programs which encourage the young to get into the game, as a result we seem to nurture more talent and therefore have much better players than scotland, wales and ireland...if those countries were as football mad and had those programs in place i dont doubt it wouldn't be the same...

but having a GB team is still representing england and i think it would be a compromise to involve less skilled players just because they needed quotas from each country...

i think in terms of athletics they are as good (and better in certain arenas) and therefore do deserve to be part of a GB team, they have the programs in place to nurture talent-

although id still be happy having an English team and not winning the hurdles...apart from the whole culture ive mentioned do they really expect us to want to play with them when they would rather support any opposing side we play in any international football match? not just us living in the jingoistic 1600's

greg

Message 212/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

tbh i think it's got more to do with those countries being much smaller population wise than england. football's not even the welsh national sport.

england's youth development initiative's been an abject failure so far - club's are having to spend a fortune in order to keep their FA Academy status with no better results than they were getting before. we're producing more pro's through our tupenny hapenny centre of excellence taking on the youngsters the london clubs don't want than most premiership clubs are managing. there are a few exceptions though like southampton and tranmere.

Message 213/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

Exactly- the welsh favouring rugby tend to promote that more in school and in community projects....

its still producing more young talent then any other british country so think if they followed that 'initiative' they would probably have more young talent....i think the potential is exactly the same but without structures in place it wouldn't come into fruition- whether they see our academies as failures or not they cant deny that thats where our talent (international level) is usually found.

greg

Message 214/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

true, but looking at the class of '90 which was when english football took an upturn in terms of popularity:

gazza
hoddle
robson
waddle
lineker
shilton
beardsley
barnes

have we honestly got any better? i reckon the first two alone had more elegance and poise than the current lot put together.

the academy system's just financial apartheid anyway, there's any number of teams running the old centre of excellence format that would fare better in the academy league than bristol city, who lose every game without fail and finish bottom every year. and they lose 1 million a season on their academy alone

i blame howard wilkinson.

Message 215/300                 Date: 17-Nov-05  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

all good points, i dont think we have neccearily have got better it just seems in the context of the other british teams we have a whole team of good players wheras they would have far far fewer- i just couldn't think of anything else that could account for it....

greg

Message 216/300                 Date: 18-Nov-05  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

no doubt. i just have a bee in my bonnet about the academy system. you may have noticed that

Message 217/300                 Date: 18-Nov-05  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

It seems you know far more about it than me, i knew it was flawed but was under the impression it was this (as well as the countries' obssession) that contributed to our young talent- and the slew of it....

its interesting to know this-

greg

Message 218/300                 Date: 25-Nov-05  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

newspaper stands in town today .. "george best dead"

aye, the media frenzy was going on for too long already.

Message 219/300                 Date: 25-Nov-05  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

i nearly ran him over a few years back... he lives just down the road and this is his London manor where i live. Anyways i'd been out shopping or something, took a quick left at chelsea fire station and he stumbles out from between some parked cars and I slam on the breaks, and there's Bestie, wide eyed staring into me windscreen.... he stumbles off and i carry on home. Should have offered him a lift really i spose

Message 220/300                 Date: 29-Nov-05  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Bye bye georgie.. *sniff*

Message 221/300                 Date: 04-Dec-05  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

you know, rugby is seen as wales' national game and all, but more people play footie on the weekend than chase the egg. much more popular in north wales than any other sport.

we've had some great north wales football players in the past .. rush, hughes, southall, michael owen

Message 222/300                 Date: 05-Dec-05  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

I see South Walians are a bit stranger.

jingle bells

Message 223/300                 Date: 06-Feb-06  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

support your team, buy the shirt.

Message 224/300                 Date: 06-Feb-06  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

greg

Message 225/300                 Date: 06-Feb-06  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

classy

anyone know where I can get a Young Boys Wankdorf one too?

Message 226/300                 Date: 06-Feb-06  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

whatever happened to their erection?

Message 227/300                 Date: 06-Feb-06  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

they seem to be well and truly over

no more woe

the cunts.

Message 228/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

Message 229/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

why wont my pic show? im sure i got the html right

greg

Message 230/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

no idea, can't see the html in these frames. upload it instead?

Message 231/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

yar, will try that

greg

Message 232/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

[image file]

testes, testes, 123

Message 233/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

lol.

he only bought Chelsea to raise his profile enough to stop whoever takes over from Putin putting him in jail.

Message 234/300                 Date: 07-Feb-06  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

seems to be working now, your server is a bit sticky it seems

Message 235/300                 Date: 08-Feb-06  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

monkeybasket2001

hehehe,

ah that might explain why i trouble with emule and stuff- of course it doesn't help that our network manager is actually so incompetant he doesn't even know how to retrieve backups....not that my job stresses me out or anything, cheers k

greg

Message 236/300                 Date: 08-Feb-06  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

there's been some wierd shit with loading off-site stuff in the last days.... like in the shop the images loading from thomann's server weren't loading , only the ones already cached... this morning it is ok again, but it;'s on and off... not sure why

Message 237/300                 Date: 14-Jun-06  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

so, who's gonna win it?... everyone enjoying the word cup so far? that was a cracking free kick goal from S. Korea eh against Togo?... a Beckham special that one, blistering stuff!

Message 238/300                 Date: 14-Jun-06  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

argentina to win!

Message 239/300                 Date: 14-Jun-06  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Musineer Productions

That man's head on Tower Bridge!

England all the way!

Message 240/300                 Date: 15-Jun-06  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

hehe

come on trinidad!

and tobago!

we beat them the other week ...

Message 241/300                 Date: 15-Jun-06  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

what about Holland?.. they are looking quite sharp

Message 242/300                 Date: 15-Jun-06  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

hey, flippin budwieser? the yanks dont even play football really anyways after initial displays I kinda like the look of Korea, they prolly wont do it all the way, but they look potentialy dangerous with that fast franticTiger league style (although that could go against them too). Really surprised at Poland's piss poor standing.. why are they playing so shite?

waddya reckon? England later but we're bloody rehearsing from about half-time!!

Message 243/300                 Date: 15-Jun-06  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

I don't care too much about who wins the championship, but it's inspiring though:

Odonkor

Message 244/300                 Date: 18-Jun-06  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

steve

we're not very good, we're not etc. etc.

it'd be easier to bear if we didn't have someone even more useless than Svennis taking over.

Message 245/300                 Date: 19-Jun-06  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

I'm pulling for Germany of course. Korea? They looked pretty good but I agree they probably won't go all the way although they should've won yesterday. They had an obvious goal that wasn't counted. The last few minutes France looked lame and sure enough Korea ties it up.

Some Korean guy asked who I was pulling for overall. I told him Germany. He asked if I was German and I said no my grandparents all came from Norway. He then said...German, Norwegian...same thing. I told him that's not true at all. That's like me saying Korea,n Mexican....same thing. I don't think he got it.

Message 246/300                 Date: 19-Jun-06  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

probably a euro/scandinavia thing

like when pakistani people get annoyed at being labeled indian and vice versa

japanese - chinese

iraq - iran

no?

Message 247/300                 Date: 19-Jun-06  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

This is what the goalkeeper of Ecuador is dreaming about Miroslav Klose:

My greatest fear

Evolver, Microwave and Stylus; Vocals from ExMachina

Message 248/300                 Date: 20-Jun-06  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

Ha, seems I#ve been quite right

Message 249/300                 Date: 22-Jun-06  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

k wrote:

hey, flippin budwieser? the yanks dont even play football really anyways after initial displays I kinda like the look of Korea, they prolly wont do it all the way, but they look potentialy dangerous with that fast franticTiger league style (although that could go against them too). Really surprised at Polands piss poor standing.. why are they playing so shite?

waddya reckon? England later but were bloody rehearsing from about half-time!!

Because the two best Polish strikers are playing for Germany?

Message 250/300                 Date: 22-Jun-06  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Yay, Ghana got through at the expense of the poor 'ole USofA...

So much for Budweiser sponsorship...

;)

Message 251/300                 Date: 22-Jun-06  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

Message 252/300                 Date: 23-Jun-06  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

beds

at least fat boy fat scored a goal or two for brasil.

they've been their usual (recent) shit selves, dodgy defence, some decidedly uninspired performances and plenty moments of brilliance against mediocre teams. if it wasn't for that keeper they'd have hammered japan.

i think this has been a fairly crap world cup so far. it'd be nice for the only african team left to shake things up a bit in the last sixteen. come on ghana!

i'm still going for argentina to win.

Message 253/300                 Date: 28-Jun-06  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

So much for Ghana... they just couldn't finish eh?

Ronaldo now the greatest world cup goal scorer of all time...

Predictions:

Portugal 2 1 England
---- Portugal 0
-------- Brazil 3
---- Brazil 3
Brazil 3 2 France

Germany 2 1 Argentina
---- Germany 2
-------- Germany 1
---- Italy 0
Italy 1 0 Ukraine

Of course I'm probably way off...

Message 254/300                 Date: 28-Jun-06  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

well the formatting of that text came out well anyways

shame about Henry's fake dive last night, never had that image of him before... shame

it's hard to say this time, they are all pretty equal i think

Message 255/300                 Date: 28-Jun-06  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Moujik

I think the ref made the right decision... Puyol ran across him & made no attempt to go for the ball; was obstruction & therefore an indirect free kick.

I agree, Henry did himself no favours going down like he'd been hit by a sniper, but Torres was doing it all game as well.

Message 256/300                 Date: 28-Jun-06  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

ok he was elbowed in the chest, but p-lease, it was nothing in reality, if he hadnt gone down i bet it wouldnt have been noticed at all

Message 257/300                 Date: 30-Jun-06  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Musineer Productions

I thought Ghana put up a good show. 3 - 0 wasn't just.

So that's another of my 4 teams (Ghana, Holland, Italy) gone.

Still, only two games left really...

Message 258/300                 Date: 30-Jun-06  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

Message 259/300                 Date: 30-Jun-06  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

lol penalties now *ulp*!

Message 260/300                 Date: 30-Jun-06  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

Puuh

Message 261/300                 Date: 30-Jun-06  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

Lots of luck.

Just an exchange of referees, Germany would be out and Australia still in...

Message 262/300                 Date: 30-Jun-06  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

milan

Bluescreen wrote:

Just an exchange of referees, Germany would be out and Australia still in...

indeed... that slovak was SO sold on germans it was hard to believe. his family must be hoping for a citisenship or something

Message 263/300                 Date: 01-Jul-06  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

cheddar

lucky Portugal won otherwise Rooney would have missed the semi's

Message 264/300                 Date: 02-Jul-06  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

Now that the quarter final lottery is over we can only hope to see a real soccer game in the demi finals again ;)

Message 265/300                 Date: 02-Jul-06  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

milan

yeah... that was kinda poor up till now, lets hope it gets better  

Message 266/300                 Date: 02-Jul-06  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Musineer Productions

Oh well,

May I be the first to say that I'm feeling confident about the next world cup....I reckon we could do it in 2010....It'd be like '66....

Message 267/300                 Date: 03-Jul-06  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

well, i think they should have banned Rooney from eating macdonalds cos it's know to make kids cranky and agressive.. Everytime The Sun or HEAT or HELLO or whatever mags papparazi follows the guy out on the town shopping he's into Makky-D's twice a day for breakfast & tea... and they should have had him with a psychiatrist for 12 months leading up to the championship too imo, lol

sadly, on 5Live tons of people are phoning in to blame Ronaldo... idiots, that's why we cant improve cos it's always someone elses fault eh... you gotta admit your weaknesses to improve them , you cant have 'althletes' going on the piss with their wives in the middle of a championship. Can u imagine athletes at the Olympics going out for dinner and a piss up in the middle of the competing rounds?, lol, no way would that happen.

Message 268/300                 Date: 03-Jul-06  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Dunno K! seemingly Platini used to wander into the dressing room at half time and spark up a
crafty fag! and nobody could get the ball off him lol

Message 269/300                 Date: 03-Jul-06  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

ah yes, but fags are actualy good for you!

Message 270/300                 Date: 04-Jul-06  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

hey great game eh!? and great ref'ing

Message 271/300                 Date: 04-Jul-06  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Ah, the poor germans crying on the pitch again...

gotta feel for them

Message 272/300                 Date: 04-Jul-06  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

Great game. My nerves, huh...

The Italians deserved to win. THough they didn't deserve to win against Australia

Message 273/300                 Date: 04-Jul-06  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

milan

woohoo! yeah, that was a good game. those two goals came totaly out of the blue!

you know, i woulda been really pissed off had germans won on penalties again. big up for italians

Message 274/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

whoooaaa yeah, what a fantastic finish to a great match.

I thought that Ref was brilliant, so lenient. Which I think really made the match and certainly kept the two teams in a professional mood.

Apart from the odd false dive that ruined it. But nothing major.

I'd been really hoping that Germany would win. But after seeing Italy's performance tonight they deserved it. But WOW those two late goals... amazing.

So will it be Italy v Portuagal or Italy v France on Sunday ?????

I love the world cup. I'm not gutted England arent in it anymore. Dont get me wrong, I would give anything to of seen an England v Germany final. But we didnt cut the mustard from day one. Now that tension is over for us English we can relax and sit back and watch some quality football.

Message 275/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

After England lost I felt a sense of relief..

Does my head in big time watching them..

:D

Message 276/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Jock Munro wrote:

whoooaaa yeah, what a fantastic finish to a great match.

I thought that Ref was brilliant, so lenient. Which I think really made the match and certainly kept the two teams in a professional mood.

Apart from the odd false dive that ruined it. But nothing major.

Id been really hoping that Germany would win. But after seeing Italys performance tonight they deserved it. But WOW those two late goals... amazing.

So will it be Italy v Portuagal or Italy v France on Sunday ?????

I love the world cup. Im not gutted England arent in it anymore. Dont get me wrong, I would give anything to of seen an England v Germany final. But we didnt cut the mustard from day one. Now that tension is over for us English we can relax and sit back and watch some quality football.

I love your avatar Jock, very zen!

Message 277/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

Bluescreen wrote:

Great game. My nerves, huh...

The Italians deserved to win. THough they didnt deserve to win against Australia

No they didn't, wonder how much the ref got paid for that one?

Message 278/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

what a GREAT match! i wish I'd video'd it... At the end the poor Germans were sitting around depressed, I was thinking that both teams should get up and go on a lap of the stadium together cos i'm sure they both would have received a a massive applause for giving such an entertaining match. That Italian defense is so good eh! The German defense was also good, but I thought they were rather like England, lacking that creative fast break at the front without which you cant really penetrate that strong defense.

If it's Italy V France that'll be interesting cos they both can do that stuff upfront. The Italians could do with the win tho, it's been a a while eh

Message 279/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

Btw, shame the refereeing throughout wasnt as good as last night

Message 280/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  01:02 PM     Edit: 05-Jul-06  |  01:02 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Zazza

k wrote:

Btw, shame the refereeing throughout wasnt as good as last night

Absolutely... none of that, 'Oh you breathed on him and he rolled around on the floor, so a red card for you sonny' crap.

Do you think he would have let Rooney's Weapon of Mass Testiculation go though?

;)

Message 281/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

ah yes, i dunno it was deliberate and afterwards he also pushed Ronaldo (was it him?)... so, i think based on the rules, yes, you cant go stamping on someones bollox ffs

Message 282/300                 Date: 05-Jul-06  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bluescreen

k wrote:

At the end the poor Germans were sitting around depressed, I was thinking that both teams should get up and go on a lap of the stadium together cos im sure they both would have received a a massive applause for giving such an entertaining match.

Our poor boys did what they could. Unfortunately it was a little less than the Italians could. Not bad at all however.
Surveys from the time before the cup reveiled that more than half of the German people didn't think that their team would survive the group matches !

That Italian defense is so good eh!

Yep, Buffon had to block one single shot and was unemployed for the rest of the game.

Message 283/300                 Date: 28-Feb-07  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bedwyr

Message 284/300                 Date: 28-Feb-07  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

milan

looks like great fun!

Message 285/300                 Date: 28-Feb-07  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

sitar

Somebody needs a new keeper.

Message 286/300                 Date: 28-Feb-07  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Musineer Productions

Champion! - Excellent link!

The last goal had us laughing aloud. That sideways/backwards ploy eh?

I remember living next to bloke in Kennington who designed a robo-football game years ago. Not remote control: proper little bots playing on their own. Before robowars and such. Where do these ideas go?

Message 287/300                 Date: 01-Mar-07  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

nme

How cool are these, great fun? I think Ive just seen my sons xmas present next year if he gets wind of these!

The keepers acrobatics would put Grobbelar to shame.

Message 288/300                 Date: 01-Mar-07  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bedwyr

these are mostly remote control, but some have gyros inside to help with balance and the aim is to give them more autonomy as technology progresses.

here's a walking robot. The blurb isn't quite true because honda's asmio, among others, walks with dynamic balancing but it is the first robot to walk the way we do (controlled falling forwards). and it uses pneumatic system which is much more difficult than servos.

the scary walking sound is ripe for smapling too.

Message 289/300                 Date: 02-Mar-07  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

nme

Take a listen to 'The (not so, currently) Special One'

The Special One Teamtalk

Message 290/300                 Date: 17-May-07  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

eh?... ?

Message 291/300                 Date: 19-May-07  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

youtubes gone tits up since yestersday but

Come on Chelsea! good weather for it

Message 292/300                 Date: 21-Nov-07  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

omg, a bit of a nailbiter eh.... i have to say surely englands penalty was a deliberate dive which is a bit sad, mebbe the replays later will say different

omg! 2-3 !!!!!!!!! - he's only been on a few minutes!!!

Message 293/300                 Date: 22-Nov-07  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

milan

looking forward to not seeing your fans around here next year

Message 294/300                 Date: 22-Nov-07  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

Jock Munro

what a joke. I blame Rupert Murdoch. No really, I do. Had he not singlehandedly turned British Football into some money making corporate entertainment factory then maybe we'd have some decent home grown players.

I also blame Steve McLaren, because he's shit.

2 billion quid they reckon this will cost the economy too !

Message 295/300                 Date: 22-Nov-07  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

2 billion quid they reckon this will cost the economy too !

thats a weeks wages for the team innit?

Message 296/300                 Date: 22-Jan-08  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

ah ahahhahaha ahahahhaha Arsenal fans

classic. Come on the blues & it'll be a good local derby final!

Message 297/300                 Date: 24-Jan-08  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

oh come on!!! surely someone is poleased to see the Arsenal get a hammering by the tott'm innit?

Message 298/300                 Date: 24-Jan-08  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bedwyr

i'm just waiting for the rugby to start

Message 299/300                 Date: 24-Jan-08  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

k

that'll just make you more depressed innit? or are Wales winning nowadays?

Message 300/300                 Date: 25-Jan-08  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Footie korner

Bedwyr

no, definately more depressed.

Viewing all 300 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30

There are 300 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum