0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: LIsten.....See if you like

Viewing all 64 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/64                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  02:26 AM   -   LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Listen to our song...tell me if you guys like and be brutally honest

Tim
God Bless

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/64                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

I really liked when the vocal sample started it was nicley arranged....everything blended well but the rap didn't seem to fit the song the rhythm of the rap was very repetitive I can't really put my finger on it I guess it kinda had a cheerleader type rhythm to it less like rapping and more like reciting a rhyme other than that I enjoyed it the first snare roll was tight and it all flowed well.......thats not in mono is it??

Message 3/64                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

pretty tight track. some nice processing in there. the strings at the end didn't fade out well for me.. i'm thinking either a more abrupt ending, or perhaps try increasing reverb or delay more dramatically to make it seem to withdraw and be mor emysterious. but the music is hitting for what you're doing imho.

afa the vocals, i think the style is okay - more a discourse (sermon??) than a rap, but that's jsut nomenclature. the delivery could use some improvement. some parts of it seem to work well with the style, other parts are weaker. i can't help but hear your accent and see a guy in a shirt and glasses at the office instead of a cosmic warrior   but that's subjective..

so here's my idea. try omitting some of the key phrases.. you know.. the strong ones at the beginning of 8 measures an stuff and overdub them seperately.. maybe with a more distorted process.. (speaking of which, how much are you od/distorting? w/ what??) ie. when you say 'right now!'

this'd also give you some times to catch your breath so it doesn't have that 'i'm catching my breath here' sound at times  

the diction is tight but i think it could use the breaks.. maybe a little more practice would help even more, so it's excellent, not good.. and a little more psychological zoning so it doesn't sound like you're at the office or something.. you know.. get a bit more sing songy or stylistic with the inflection. try making some of your vowels longer..

actually, if you did each line or four lines seperately, you could do stuff like let the last syllable hang over, pan off to the side..

yeah, i help christians now   i'm thinking that showing is a better tactic than disputing with them.

Message 4/64                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

monkeyboy

i really liked this track musically, but the rap over the top just aint my bag man. it just wasnt tight enough...sounded like an afterthought. the first vocal sample sounded great (in the beginning) and the couple of lines after that were ok, but as soon as the rap part started i lost interest. without the rap i think youve got a solid piece of music there. however i dunno if god would approve, i would have thought hed be more into cliff richard?=)

Message 5/64                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

k

agreeed.. a well crafted track, but honestly (you asked for it) 'preachy' lyric's about Jesus ruined it for me cos it sounds a bit twee frankly. I mean, Moby is a Christian, but he doesnt bang on about Jesus all the time, I think that doing that is not so good, it's like advertising on a music CD, I dont want to listen to sponsorship slogans from Jesus when I'm listening to music really... Is it neccessary??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

Thanks for the positive and negative feedback =)..
It seems the only real baad thing is the message. Which I fully understand and accept.

There was a point brought up by K 'I mean, Moby is a Christian, but he doesnt bang on about Jesus all the time, I think that doing that is not so good, it's like advertising on a music CD, I dont want to listen to sponsorship slogans from Jesus when I'm listening to music really... Is it neccessary??' Lemme break this down.

Moby is a good electronic artist who has been blessed, and been successfulwith his blessings.
But unfortunately not once has he made a reference to God in his songs....hmmm....is he not proud, or is he scared, or embarressed?
To spread the word of God is more powerful and the most message content than any subject out there! N sync,Janet Jackson, Moby, Roni Size,Linkin Park,Backstreet,Madonna, etc. messages are weak, and they accomplish nothing except to bob ur head.

Why not bob ur head and receive a message that can SAVE you....that is powerful....and one that offends.

But I also agree on the vocal structure....I must get more creative....but thats the growing process =)

Tim
God Bless

Message 7/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

steve

sorry, but errr ......wtf?

"Why not bob ur head and receive a message that can SAVE you....that is powerful....and one that offends."

I dont need saving, I dont need you people knocking on my door on a Sunday morning with your self-righteous beliefs and I dont need some book to tell me how to live my life thankyou.

Just keep it to yourself, just like I keep my beliefs to myself until godsquad rears its deluded head.

Yes, I said deluded - you said 'saved', that entitles me to 'deluded'.

Message 8/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

To steve

'I dont need saving, I dont need you people knocking on my door on a Sunday morning with your self-righteous beliefs and I dont need some book to tell me how to live my life thankyou.

Just keep it to yourself, just like I keep my beliefs to myself until godsquad rears its deluded head.

Yes, I said deluded - you said 'saved', that entitles me to 'deluded'.

Ok....'I dont need saving' so I assume you beleive in God then.

'I dont need you people knocking on my door on a Sunday morning with your self-righteous beliefs and I dont need some book to tell me how to live my life thankyou.'.........I hate that too...people coming to you're door who truly have the word of God(not Jehovas witness's or Mormons, or Muslims, or Buddhists) and want to share with you because they have been sent especially for you... and they risk ur hostility because they truly care for you...gosh how self rightous huh?

'Just keep it to yourself, just like I keep my beliefs to myself until godsquad rears its deluded head.'

What are you're beleifs? Whos is this Godsquad? I would like to ask them why they have affended you.
Also ask them why they are deluded...hmmm that word means to deceive,dupe,trick,cheat,take in,fool....thats not of God. I need to talk to the 'GodSquad' and set them right =)

As for keeping to myself....hmm im sorry im not a spineless mute that doesn't stand up for what is right, just, and yes rightous. Did you like the song...did you bop you're head...did you feel offended..im glad you did...something hit you making you put up you're defences....Take a closer look at urself and see why you posted the way u did...'
'I dont need saving,' are you sure?

Tim
God Bless

Message 9/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

patently absurd.

if you check your history, madonna is single-handedly responsible for really really really and i mean really upping the tolerance level in u.s. society (i'm 31.. feel free to ask..) just because she said "look at me i'm so supposedly disgraceful and i'm really not so get used to it" and she did it again and again until it sunk in. god bless HER.

i reckon the artists you mention are all doing their part to give the youth of the moment something to identify with. ya can't put a donovan record on and expect 'em to get with it. sure five mature guys in a crowd of 12 year old girls looks daft but it takes serious dedication so that even kids from horrid horrid families have someone who will show them the ropes. and i'm sure roni size is progressive to someone  

so let ME break this down. let me ask you why don't you have some FAITH in your alleged 'creator?' why don't you think god can make the right choices when it comes to madonna being famous? that whole bob ur head thing is just an easy catchphrase for you to agree to.. that makes YOU the one bobbin your noggin.. if you understand anything about society and people, then you'd see that maybe sometimes giving people something to 'bob their heads' to is the best darn thing you can give them.. madonna.. "music makes the people come together.. makes the bourgeois and the rebels party.." so true.. the heart of the matter right there.. i daresay she's brought more people together peacefully than ANY of the alleged messiahs or prophets over the last 20 years.

i dunno if you came here from the j.e. forum cos i post there a lot.. so let me say.. i'm not into the whole christian thing at all, but i can't help but appreciate their tunes regardless. i'm not a christian.. my parents raised me to make my own observations and kept their mouths shut. as far as i can tell, most religions seem more like social entities than cosmic. from what i've seen, love, charity, and any 'holy' sort of thing is completely based on the particularities of the individual. when i meet someone who is christian, all it indicates is a factor of social conditioning/education.. generally a good reason to steer clear.. but not a condemnation. probably the most reliably charitable and considerate group i know of are woodpeckers.. now that's a word worth spreading.

(really folks.. woodpeckers, at least round thisaway are particularly watchful and communicative birdies. several times they've given me a 'heads up!' on crazy bosses an stuff.)

anyway. there are several forums out there for christian artists, though i daresay none of them have the techno/dance experience base you'll find here. there are a number of christians who post here regularly.. maybe you can ask them for links.

we've been through it loads of times so.. if you want to write music about jesus and have feedback on your technique, i'm thinking we can all get along, but please keep it out of your posts. i've got a lot of respect for christian virtues, and admiration for anyone who is sincere in their compassion and charity, but i've also suffered greatly at the hands of the 'faithful,' so the spread of credence i will fight to the fucking end so that it will never again be a tool for the greedy idiots of the world. nuff said?

Message 10/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

To xoxos,
'if you check your history, madonna is single-handedly responsible for really really really and i mean really upping the tolerance level in u.s. society (i'm 31.. feel free to ask..) just because she said "look at me i'm so supposedly disgraceful and i'm really not so get used to it" and she did it again and again until it sunk in. god bless HER.'
Interesting you bring that up.....lets see she Had burning crosses, a black Jesus(which actually lets not make a race thing come on') open sexuality, spite, and her own actions speak louder and more vulgar than that..So actually God DID bless her and she spit in his face.

'so let ME break this down. let me ask you why don't you have some FAITH in your alleged 'creator?' why don't you think god can make the right choices when it comes to madonna being famous? that whole bob ur head thing is just an easy catchphrase for you to agree to.. that makes YOU the one bobbin your noggin'

Yet again another strong point from you. The whole actions of me deciding to spread the word of God through music, suffering humility,hostility,and negative feedback increase my faith in God. I have faith that this is right and he will take care of me. I am doing his will. In the bible it says to use you're talents for God.
A prime example is Petra. They spread the Word a lot more vicious than I probably have or will. They are living fine and have accomplished many goals, they have touched people, and affected people. But the most important thing is that they are right in God's eyes. That is the only thing that matters.
Forgive me for using a catchphrase...Originally posted by xoxos"pretty tight track. some nice processing in there. " so i guess u didn't bob ur head...my bad!?!?!?

i dunno if you came here from the j.e. forum cos i post there a lot

Whats that? I'm interested!
most religions seem more like social entities than cosmic. from what i've seen, love, charity, and any 'holy' sort of thing is completely based on the particularities of the individual. when i meet someone who is christian, all it indicates is a factor of social conditioning/education.. generally a good reason to steer clear.. but not a condemnation. probably the most reliably charitable and considerate group i know of are woodpeckers.. now that's a word worth spreading.

Another Strong Point.
You are right that most religions are a social gathering. A more club per-say. But not that of God.When you beleive and give ur life in God you are finally alive.
there are no socialities because you can actually see, ur no longer blind. Why be social when there is work to do. This is SATANS world. His kingdom.How popular do you think Spreading the word of God is..not at all huh? Which strengthens my faith more. I am in God's Hand. You are safe when you are in Gods hand. Im glad you posted a lengthy post....I affected you in some way whether u will admit it or not....I hope u will listen to further songs of mine because they will hit harder each time and the message will be in the open and deep and offending each more....affecting many and hopefully helping many.

Tim
God Bless

Message 11/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

Im sorry our further songs will be truthful which may be offensive =)

Tim
God Bless

Message 12/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

bedwyr

give me the devil's music anytime. hail! hail! rock 'n roll!!

bedwyr nice but dim

Message 13/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

yeah, sure. i agree. satan=world=absolutely awful. music=solution  

shift over bedwyr dimlad let me give my bottom a rest.

Message 14/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

Im glad you Agree. =)

Tim
God Bless

Message 15/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

there y'go churchie pal   his picks not mine.. the newer stuff is very dismal and 'hard.' dismissed it. i prefer the gobs and gobs of really pretty stuff 'burgundy years' and 'analogue grand diary' hint at. 'monosynth' and 'i sing electric' are also in his more stylin err.. style imho. aah if only he'd put up 'joy electric land..' fellow's got a sweet tooth for days on him.

Message 16/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

steve

I dont think you quite understand what I found so offensive Tim, it has nothing do do with your faith and beliefs, its the fact that you implied anyone who doesn`t think exactly like you is damned. I heard your track before and its nice, I had no problem with the lyrics whatsoever, you`re totally free to express yourself and your views as you wish but theres a very thin line between righteousness and self-righteousness and you overstepped it by a mile.

You even went and did it again: " Ok....'I dont need saving' so I assume you beleive in God then" - wtf? Not that my views matter at all, but I dont believe in god (at least not your version) which is precisely why I feel I dont need saving. Now I can`t catergorically say I`m right for seeing things the way I do, but then neither can you because its just a personal thing, thats all.

Maybe its just me, but I found what you said to be intolerant, offensive and downright disrespectful to anybody with different views to yourself.

Message 17/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

To steve,

I dont think you quite understand what I found so offensive Tim, it has nothing do do with your faith and beliefs, its the fact that you implied anyone who doesn`t think exactly like you is damned

Ah..I see...When did I imply that? The truth of the matter is there is no fence sitting. No in between. U either are saved or aren't. If u are not then yes u will go to hell. When you are not saved that means u have no faith in God, meaning u r against him or don't beleive in him....or both....well anything other than God is SATAN...going SATANS route is eternal damnation,burning,and hell. Not Eternal life!!!! U r telling me you don't want Eternal Life....

I heard your track before and its nice, I had no problem with the lyrics whatsoever, you`re totally free to express yourself and your views as you wish but theres a very thin line between righteousness and self-righteousness and you overstepped it by a mile.

I thank you for the compliment....I'm glad i overstepped my boundries....wait What boundries are these?

Maybe its just me, but I found what you said to be intolerant, offensive and downright disrespectful to anybody with different views to yourself.

Thank you again...My views are the truth....nobody likes the truth...therefore I am spreading it right.

Tim
God Bless

Message 18/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

hey to xoxos....
I'll listen to ur trax and see wazz upp....i can be honest right? lol

Tim
God Bless

Message 19/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Sensoniq

What if you believe in God privately but not publicly? Will you be saved? Or do you have to put $10 envelope thingies in the collections basket every Sunday to be saved?

Message 20/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

steve

ok, I`ll rephrase it then Tim seeing as theres obviously no point in even trying to discuss things with you:

you`re a fucking dickhead

have a nice day.

Message 21/64                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

To Sensonique....'What if you believe in God privately but not publicly? Will you be saved? Or do you have to put $10 envelope thingies in the collections basket every Sunday to be saved?'

Of course not, You don't even have to go to church to be saved. You don't have to tithe to be saved. There's only only one thing you have to do to be saved....give ur life to the lord Jesus Christ.
Going to church helps you have a intimate relationship with Jesus.
Titheing is giving to the church so it can grow. God blesses you for titheing.
Of course you don ot have to go to church or tithe.....but then you will be an infant with God........But still saved.

To Steve
'ok, I`ll rephrase it then Tim seeing as theres obviously no point in even trying to discuss things with you:

you`re a fucking dickhead

have a nice day.'

Im glad you wrote that.....i have struck a nerve in you...one that angers you....a realization perhaps....remember God forgives, no matter what you have done...no matter how much you have sinned......He loves u that much..In fact he loved the World so much he sent his only son to Die for all of our sins....Yes Steve even if you don't want to beleive in God remember that he loved you so much his son still died for you! He offers Eternal life.....How am I a Dickhead again?

Tim
God Bless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[

Message 22/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  12:21 AM     Edit: 09-Oct-01  |  12:22 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

steve

I called you intolerant, you told me if you dont give your life to Jesus then you go to hell.
You`re a dickhead because you`re smallminded and intolerant, you struck no nerve but your rhetoric filled reply was indication enough that theres no point trying to talk in a civil manner to you.

and thats my final word.

apart from the one below that is

DICKHEAD

Message 23/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

LunarSeaWeapon

Christ on a fu-king bike!a god damn christian small minded motherfucker!
'I dont need you people knocking on my door on a Sunday morning with your self-righteous beliefs and I dont need some book to tell me how to live my life thankyou.'.........I hate that too...people coming to you're door who truly have the word of God(not Jehovas witness's or Mormons, or Muslims, or Buddhists)"
its this type on small mindedess which causes wars you fucker!so your saying Jehovas ,Mormons, or Muslims, or Buddhists are all wrong and therefore damned to hell just because they dont worship the creator(whom ever he or she is) in the same way as YOU! you bigoted motherfuck!

Message 24/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

Like I said...
No one likes the truth. These replies indicate that I am spreading the truth.
When you lose composure and actually have to resort to vulgar language u r offended. The truth offends....If I spread the truth than how can I be Dickheaded and Small Minded?

Tim
God bless

Message 25/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Yonce N Mild

Damn Y'all.....Tim really managed to get some of ya fired up!!!In my personal opinion music that offends is a good thing it provokes thought causes you to think about why it offended you.If some one had posted a track about blazing blunts popping pills and drinking brews I really don't think anyone would have been offended,while tim might find that type of music very offensive...it all depends on your point of veiw.say watever you want in your music and say it loud as hell isn't that why you make music ...to experss yourself...thats the goal to piss off the people who don't agree and connect with the people who do.If you don't like it don't listen too it. thats the same thing I say about christians who try to ban music tv shows and movies freedom of speech bro.......it works both ways say watcha want ....preach on

Message 26/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  02:47 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

Link?:  Link

wow. I love xtian automatons. they remind me of some of the "racialists" I know who have never had an original thought in their lives

trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be SAVED!!!

saved from what? a bleak future? hell? what the heck is that?

hey Steve..hehe..calm down, mate 

Tim? uh...well...uh...yippee skippee!

Message 27/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Sensoniq

Well I guess I'm destined to be SAVED then, albeit as "an infant with God"...

welp, better start practicing up then. Ga ga goo goo...Wah wah I wet my dipah! Ga ga goo goo I wahn bwest meeyook!

Message 28/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

you're fucken stoopid sensey!!

tim.. (heh.. sorry folks.. tim the enchanter reference coming on..) i've been chatting with steve for.. what.. about 2 years now? i can't really see that anything you've 'spread' is going to have made a lasting impression. but good on ya if you're all happy with yourself. perhaps you ought to find a way to speak with people instead of at them. right?

Message 29/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

To Yonce N Mild...
Thanks for understanding of what I am doing, I appreciate you comments greatly =)

To xoxos,Sensoniq,influx,
I'm not some dimwit who is soo narrowminded that i can sit here on my high throan....with my self rightous crown...and my sceptre of judgement. COME ON! I honestly care but u wouldn't know that to sit there with you, like xoxos said speak to someone than at them right? I say these things because i honestly care. I want you to see the truth, I want you to realize what is going on, If I was soo self rightous and intolerant and various other things that Lunar said would I still want to talk to you after I have been riduculed, cut down, and called names. Heck to me that is pathetic. I want to help. I want to affect lives. That is not self rightous!

Tim
God Bless

Message 30/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Sensoniq

Who gets saved besides Christians -- Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Raeliens?

Message 31/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Yonce N Mild

I think all the major religions belive that the only way to heaven is their way ...what would be the point otherwise.

Message 32/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

To Sensonique,
"Who gets saved besides Christians -- Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Raeliens?"

Good question.
Hindus-beleive in multiple Gods...right there they are straying. Among other things they have not given there life to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefor they are not saved.
Buddhists- beleive in Buddha (confuscious)and Nature. Buddha was a 'wiseman' who is dead. Jesus was the son of God who rose from the dead. Acended Into heaven.
Muslims-beleive in Allah, and his messanger Mohammed who also is dead. Allah to them means 'God'. but in translation it means Moon God. They have claimed to add to the bible which contradicts what the bible says. The Bible clearly states You cannot add to it, anything adding to it is false. They beleive in a false God, and a false word of God. They are not saved.

Christianity is based on building an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
To be saved you have to accept the Lord Jesus Christ in you're life. Nothing else. Giving you're life to him. Jesus says in the bible in the book of John "I am the bread of life." "if you deny me in front of a crowd, I will deny you in front of my father"

Tim
God Bless

Message 33/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

damballah

no, it's based on accepting a bunch of fables, conjecture, superstition and dogma on "faith"

Message 34/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

milan

hell and damnation is what its based on. never have i imagined the faintest possibility of ever running into a religious-fanatic drum and bass proucer! some pr gag, eh  

Message 35/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

the buddha = confucious? clearly youve done youre reading

I didnt ridicule you. youre just another follower though. this crap youre spouting is nothing new. same crap I hear from every other fecker who thinks that THEY are right and the rest are wrong, when the truth is theyre afraid of the real world

gives you somethin to look forward to, I guess, after you die and rot like the rest of us.

eternal life? no thanks. this ones crazy enough

Message 36/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

dammit. YOUR reading not youre.

Message 37/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

Iflux

WHAT IS THE REAL WORLD?

WHAT IS IT THAT I AM AFRAID OF?

2 questions you need to answer before you can state this to me.

Message 38/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that homosexuality is an abominaton according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned in any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr.Laura penned by a US resident and also posted on the Internet:-

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can.

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours.They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is,how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27.How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?(Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?(Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan

Message 39/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

LunarSeaWeapon

JESUS WAS A WISE MAN WHO IS DEAD!
oh and youve missed the point with buddism.Budda is also so the name of everything ie "everything is budda" in other words everything is god or alla or tree or whatever.you worship in which ever way you feel right.just because someone praises life in a different way to you does not make them wrong or they have strayed from the path!
rivers always lead to the sea but each of them has a different route of geting there!

anyway why would i want to listen to your preaching and your version of the "truth" your just another humanbeing like me what makes your truth truer than mine.Devine light comes from within it does not need external forces like YOU!

Message 40/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

LunarSeaWeapon

xoxos-that letter piss ma p-ants in fits of laughter! thank you!you will be getting my dry cleaning bill  

Message 41/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

steve

Thats fucking funny xoxos.

And Tim, seeing as you are the BEHOLDER OF THE TRUTH, I`d like you to address and explain each and every point made in xoxos` post please. It is your duty to spread the word of God and Jesus Christ out lord so I really think you`ll need to clear up some of the confusion caused by this and enlighten us to the ways of your cult.

He he, 'confuscious'.

I love your "people are reacting negatively to me so that means I MUST be speaking the truth" point too, class. That makes so much sense, really it does.

Message 42/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

Earth has 4 simultaneous Days

within only 1 rotation. Losing 3

Days in each Earth rotation has

retarded your mentality to stupid

and an education of Evil. You do

not have the mind or education

to envision Nature's Time Cube.

www.timecube.com

debate time cube!! hahahaha!! folgive asian appealance and badry oveldubbed voice! for timecube so loved the world he's brought over a load of fresh apricots and a frisbee.

Message 43/64                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

shpongledboy

Tim God Bless answer these...

How can I start believing in God? Do I read Bible and just decide now I believe in God? No.. I think it doesn't work like that.

If you believe in something you have to have very strong feeling inside you... so where do you get that feeling? Does God give it to you? If.. umm.. he/she/it gives that feeling to people then why doesn't everybody in this planet already believe in God? So God decide who goes hell?

Do I go to hell because God did not make me religious???

Why does religions have borders???
I can answer to this myself... because you were RAISED TO BELIEVE in something.

Message 44/64                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

milan

xoxos, you´re the man, much respect  

Message 45/64                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

LunarSeaWeapon

All hail timecube for time cube is god STUPID!

That is some weird shit xoxos!

Message 46/64                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

damn Id love to read D.L.s response to that shit

and Tim...look..dont need to argue because its clear that you're exactly like my mom. You think you're right and everyone else is wrong.

but since you asked? My view of the real world is one in which pain, suffering, success and failure are all results of HUMAN interaction. Not god as bigairtrafficcontrollerintheheavens. you probably, like my mother, attribute all your successes to the lord, and all your failures to yourself. well, have at it my man but just dont pull that "Ive found the lord so I am now a teacher" stuff cuz it dont fly in my world 

Message 47/64                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

it's from the school of slaggit folks  

reading this interview with a phone sex service provider.. said she was creeped out by this guy.. "all i want is for you to tell me i am the lowest jew and all the other jews are above me.."

like dan the pervert who dave met at the park and brought home for a chat. "just put your hands over my eyes while i jack off in your john.. i'll give you $50"

i'm sorry to hear that for you influx. at least other people know where you're coming from on that.

for everyone who.. for all the victims.

my pa with a string tied from his open balls to the foot of the bed at the missionary hospital. somehow necessary for hellions i guess. and my girl. but bitterness does not serve as well to solve problems.

re/member in dreams.. "my family has suffered greatly at the hands of the faithful.."

Message 48/64                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

God

Few have read the books of the Prophets, and yet, many act as if they too should be counted among the Prophets.

Do ye not recall when Amos reminded them, "Did I [meaning me, God,] ask you for these sacrifices? What did I demand other than justice in the relations bertween men?" [I'm with influx, here, you go boy, and sorry about your mom; but no amount of compulsive posted corrections to typographical errors is going to change that. and that's ok too.]

"Do not confuse the finger which points to the moon with the moon itself."

What did I tell ye other than, "Those whose skin is the color of ivory should stop thinking that all Asians are interchangable." Buddha and Confucious are as different as the right chopstick is from the left.

Blessed are the ones who write the posts that make them think or laugh. I mean, blessed are the pseudo-religious freaks too, but annoying are they as well.

What did I decree other than: there shall be third-party, cross-platform PCI cards that can accelerate the native dsp processes that tax their cpu's. Someday. And that will be good.

Do ye not recall the scene from the "Life of Brian" in which Brian tells them "You are all individuals!" and they parrott back in unison "We are all individuals!"? Did ye learn nothing from that divine parody. Is it not available in VHS format at most West Coast Videos?

Who's world is this?

The world is yours.

(It's mine It's mine It's mine)

Message 49/64                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

hehe. freudian transference? Im upset at my mom's jesusfreakness so I correct spelling?

damn. I feel better already 

you know, the poor boy posted a track and only a few of us listened. I will do him the honor now

Message 50/64                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

milan

Ok, i´m with GOD on this one  

big up GOD!

Message 51/64                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

milan

oh, and when are those cross-platform PCI cards comming out?

Message 52/64                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

ok. now I see. the rap part just aint workin. the music really aint all that bad tho! I mean..you clearly have a grasp of your tools. Id like to see a little more drumplay but its not bad

you know..instead of recording your own voice etc...maybe you could find vocal samples that..instead of RAMMING THAT SHIT DOWN PEOPLES THROATS just sorta hints at what youre getting at?

I mean...you sound like the crucified. ever hear them? old christian metal band that just flat ROCKED...

my point is...in this type of music..sometimes one sentence, or even part of one sentence, says a lot more than a whole verse. You know? you can pop a little vocal in there and it puts the seed in the listeners mind..creates a mood...sends a message...

I think you need to review your idea that "offending people makes them listen". yelling and screaming about your own righteousness and their lack of will basically get you where it got you in the above posts

just my .02

well, say, .38?

Message 53/64                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

panama

HEY! I listened too... sounds like Henry Rollins on a amp turned to 3 (can't hear the vocals in the beginning)... I dunno about preaching church and jesus stuff with this type of music... anyhow, well crafted track.

Message 54/64                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

hey guys..... no hard feelings about this track, i know it was real hard and
upfront, and for the mostpart, the majority of you liked it. i have listened
to your views and thought, and realize that not all of you enjoy hearing
about christ as we described in the song. im here to make enjoyable tracks
that touch the mind and soul deeply! And your input is helping me do just
that. i want to thank all of you who have helped me with your inputs and
hardknocks ahahah..... im going to put "YOUR" views together on my next
peice, and go from there........tell me what you think!
I will leave this discussion at this, because I do not want to seem like I am self rightous when I am far from it. I just care so much that I tried to ram it down you're throat. For that I deeply apologize.
Listen to future trax of mine and give me you're input  

Tim
God Bless

Message 55/64                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

that's thoughtful of you. personally it was the stuff in the thread i thought was a bit uh much. it's cool to write songs about Nature's Timecube and all where it's different from a conversation where people more or less expect to be able to say something back and be heard. i think the kind of conversation the topic implies is referred to as a debate. personally, i'll suggest the topic still isn't going to go very far in a verbal format, and this is probably the wrong place for a debate on cosmology if past manifestations are anything to go by. but i'll gladly listen to your music, and it's likely i'll venture into constructive conversation about your technique as well.

welcome back. i reckon you probably just took so long perfecting those filtered vocals that you're a bit out of the loop afa interactive wiht the diversity of peoples. it happens  

as i've revealed, i've got a fair to jumbo sized problem with faiths, religions, whatever, but i've met a lot of people i admire who are religious simply because of what they actually do.

Message 56/64                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

impfitrtec1

hey thanks xoxos,
u r a good person, out of all this heated debate u have remained kool with me....and yes those damn filtered vocals are so mind draining LOL.
but they are fun too. I honestly wish that everyone else would be cool like you and influx are being. Thanks and I will post some more...maybe some massive beat with mancer grooves. who knows. And in the future if you listen to one of these beats be honest. I gotta know whats up you know.....and hey i liked some of ur guy's trax i listened too. Maybe I could help u guys put some maad flair in it to make it really stand out.

Tim
God Bless

Message 57/64                 Date: 13-Oct-01  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

monkeyboy

i thought this thread might cause some friction, quite right too.

Message 58/64                 Date: 13-Oct-01  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

heh.. it looks like i've won his ear.. now i can get him to sucky up his trax  

hey you ARE talking about DNM. i was thinking they made all that stuff up just to sell to us backwater tucsonans.

Message 59/64                 Date: 13-Oct-01  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

influx

mad flair? my stuff? no thanks 

Message 60/64                 Date: 13-Oct-01  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Sensoniq

Hey Tim God Bless, Will I be eternally damned for my mistake yesterday? I had the dumb idea to put baking soda in one of my letters and then pretend to open it when my friend came over...I was like "ahh what the hell is this?!" and I threw it down, he was so freaked out...Of course I apologized to him right after, he wasn't TOO upset...Anyway do you think I've been forgiven by Him?

Message 61/64                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

roller8

I like the intro and hard drum line. It might even be cool to layer a second, more clap-like thwacking snare on every fourth measure or something just to add more "drive" feel to the drum line but it's cool as it is. And I think it's not so much that "rap" doesn't go with the track cuz I think it suits the music, but it's the voice that doesn't seem built for rap. Try getting someone who's great at that and it'll change the whole sound for the better.

Message 62/64                 Date: 20-Oct-01  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

Jon

Never mind Steve, he can't help but be a prick, going on and on about all.

Message 63/64                 Date: 20-Oct-01  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

xoxos

meooowwww

Message 64/64                 Date: 20-Oct-01  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: LIsten.....See if you like

sam adams

everything's just hunky-dory

Viewing all 64 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 64 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum