0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: house/trance(?) jam

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  10:48 PM   -   house/trance(?) jam

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

check out 092401 in my tracks section, near the bottom of the list. its all live. there are 2 times i hit a wrong key, i know.

where should I take this?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

k

er..... 092301

that's a really nice bit of music actualy...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

nice chilled out tunes I really like that!!!!
where should you take it ??? my suggestion would be add some subtel jazzy drums ya know brushes and side sticks with a little delay and thats it. Realy nice bro I dig it!!

Message 4/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

Maarten

You made that track exactly one week before I couldn't come up with a name and named it September 30th   ohh, nevermind me, I'll have a listen now.

Message 5/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

Maarten

I'll be listening to this when I come home Sunday-morning! ;)Love how it builds up slowly and the synth line comes more & more alive.

Message 6/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

xoxos

mm, i dunno! let it say. just in case you don't hear it enough, you're always a pleasant listen.

maybe shorter and retain the key elements. when you started playing chords on the lead, it was very 'hmm i'm bored of playing a mono lead, let's try this,' which was a different idea introduced than the blissful ambience i was feeling. one of the best 'which beat does this start on?' listening experiences i've had.

Message 7/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

monkeyboy

the intro reminded me of the terminator a bit. lush synth line, nice build, great tune. maybe some bongos in there might be an idea? i dunno. nice music.cheers.

Message 8/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

k

I agree with Yonce N Mild - that's exactly how I heard it!... after a LONG intro, possibly with the second cycle of intro being supported by some nice subtle pads, a break comes in.... but a good break, subtle, jazzy, like Yonce says, not a fucking amen or something, but a really juicey nice jazzy break with plenty of variation...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

milan

Link?:  Link

niiiice°! i actually expected it go off in a dnb direction, and it could be, if only you modified the drums slightly. but nevermind, this is a very pleasant listen indeed, apart from a heavy resonance i hear on the lead sound, but maybe thats just my room playing tricks on me.

Message 10/10                 Date: 06-Oct-01  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: house/trance(?) jam

nothingnewhere

man. thanks for all the replies everybody. I want to do more with some drums on it, but its tough with what im working with right now and considering how lazy i am. :-)

i tried a few times the night after i first recorded this (9-24-01 hence the mistake up there) to re do it with some more variation, and no messups but it came out crappy the 3 times I tried so i dunno if or when I will try again. I'd like to incorperate a break but it would be tough cause the song is all synced off the uQ, and I'd really have to use software to get a break in there.

milan- the lead sounds alot less ringy at full quality, its just the lofiness.

actaully everything sounds better at hi quality, you cant really tell in the mono version, but theres actaully different 2 closed hat patterns going and the 505 congas are alot more clear as is the reverb on the drums.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum