0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: woxy's industrial beats

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 03-Oct-01  @  11:26 PM   -   woxy's industrial beats

woxy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

new jack-jack-jacking drum track uploaded for your listening pleasure.....

cheers
woxy

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

Jasper

Link?:  No link

Yeah, I like all this stuff, Industrial Beats speaks my language though. Turbo Herb would sound nice in a serious tech house set.

Good Stuff!

Message 3/8                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

milan

Link?:  Link

nice... the mix has more depth to it, i see that you´ve remembered my remarks about reverb. hehe  

good sound, good club stuff.

Message 4/8                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

xoxos

nicely done sounding. with those pauses i could easily see this inducing heart attack in eligible candidates. those roily swirlies (jasper wtf was your word for those sounds again?) are awesome. good hand.

Message 5/8                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

woxy

thanks for the comments - any criticisms?

i'd like to get my production standard up a few notches - - i've recently got VST and a 'proper' computer - - - and listening to Jasper's Skuzzbag01 has quite inspired me to get cracking with those plug-ins - - (even at lo-fi you can hear the detail in that track Jasper - fucking wicked)

- the "roily swirlies" were actually sampled off an old DX-11 and then put through some old guitar pedal effects to scrunge them up before sampling

and yes milan - i'm no longer afraid of reverb in the mix - in fact i'm really getting into splashing it around everywhere!

cheers
WOXY

btw - i pressed up turboherb onto 12" last month and got a distribution deal for it last week - so hopefully it'll be in the shops in a couple of weeks - wooohoo!

Message 6/8                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

steve

congrats on the distribution thing man, I heard thats pretty hard to swing sometimes.

Message 7/8                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

woxy

well - this is the 4th 12" me and cheever (music partner) have put out now - and each time its gone something like this

- - save up the cash (ouch...)
- - record and master the track onto a lovely 14" platter
- - get 5-10 test pressings of the track
- - cold call distributors. send out the test pressings to them with accompanying blag letters. follow up with phone calls and emails the very next week and keep hassling till one of them says yes.
- - meanwhile press up 500-1000 copies of the track and cross your fingers that by the time they have been pressed you've got a deal
- - bingo!

its worked 4 out of 4 times so far - and it definately gets easier with more releases under your belt - - (your blag letters contain more truth and less bullshit)

- - we also got a track signed by TummyTouch on the strength of a mono demo CD they got their hands on - - - - - i would love to get more tracks signed to other labels - and pressing things up ourselves has helped convince people in "the business" that we're serious - - -

the hardest bit though was saving up the initial money - definately

anyone can do it though

cheers
woxy

Message 8/8                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: woxy's industrial beats

Jasper

Link?:  No link

Good for you mate!

Btw - I'm flattered by the comments but I aint really programmed any detail into that track, maybe your hearing something that my programmed ears are missing.. hmmm.

Oh and your production is pretty damn good I reckon, mine is allways a case of hit/miss - most of that track was done on headphones.. bad I know.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum