0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  01:27 AM   -   Chorus, delay, echo, distortion etc

Defector Z

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Okay - so it's no secret I like to use effects sparingly. To prove to you naysayers that I actually HAVE them in my repetoir, here's a track I did a few months ago. It's got chorusing, delays, echos, reverbs, distortion, and filtering.

See? I can do it. I just choose to use effects sparingly to make them more...er...effective. Heh-heh. So poo in a shoe with glue on you!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

Defector Z

Dammit beavis!

The track is called Nothing. And yes, prepare yourselves, I sing in it. That's why it has remained on the shelf...

Message 3/12                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  04:36 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

Sensoniq

Cool track...Nice use of effects they blend in well together. The vox are very clear, what kind of mic did you use? Also, what is that cool vocalharmonizer-type thing that comes in at around 1:50?

Message 4/12                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  05:01 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

influx

Link?:  Link

and goshdarnit its distorTion!!!!

what is it with you peepul?!?!?!

Message 5/12                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

damballah

Ur ah shpeling nautzee

Message 6/12                 Date: 03-Oct-01  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

xoxos

i liked that. definately a few 'amateur' moments in voice and guitar (...) but some tight intonations and riffs as well. the out was cosmic.

Message 7/12                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

Defector Z

I've no vocal harmonizing stuff so I'm not sure what you heard, Sen. Sensoniq is now Senator Sensonic... Anyhoooos, I checked the track at 1:50, and heard nothing. I usually put a 24db hipass on all my vocals. Usually around 240hz. Helps get the vox forward without clashing too hard with the kick and the bass. I was testing out my SM57 when I wrote this, so all guitars and vox were through that. Compressed with my Blue Max.

xoxos - See? I told you I could do it. :-) I think that is the first time I have heard the cosmic describe ANYTHING creative I've ever done. That was a guitar riff sent through D-pole with a delay, hi rez, band-pass filter with distorsion. DistorTion. Whatever...

Message 8/12                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

milan

Link?:  Link

i like this but have no idea how to describe it, and that is a good thing. rather original and refreshing. dont know why, but the tune sounds kinda hippie rock to me. dont ask. interesting one, this is. maybe you should do an album of this kind of stuff?

Message 9/12                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

xoxos

you know i just came back here cos i was thinking about it and here you are posted..

when i say intonations i just mean what you're doing naturally with your voice. fuck all the pitch 'augmentaiton' technology; i was about to mention that it's a nice performance.. sort of superliminal on my first post, but it's worth saying that your voice is pleasant.. you've got character in yr. voice and you're not afraid to use it  

and at least you're not singing aobut pretentious crap. song's 'deep' but also really not.. it's honest, and you can't top that.

i don't remember everything i've ever said, but i know i've mentioned appreciating you before. the 'symmetrical' pattern oriented stuff doesn't move me as much as when they're used w/ a flowing lead, ie. in 'escape,' or 'where your path narrows.' harmonies are alive.

i don't think i've ever been so outspoken with anyone as with you in spring.. i really 'let you have a piece of my mind.' i can see how you would think i've never said anything good about yr. tracks or you after that.. the instance has certainly crossed my mind more than once.

i can't regret doing it, because i'm too proud in a way - my actions of a moment - and frankly, i agree with what i said. i *do* think cars and joyful consumerism are eeevil (read 'bad.') i felt like you insulting me for my criticisms. on the receiving end, the difference is probably imperceptible..  

you weren't around much after that.. prolly just tired of hearing my crap and decided to do something productive. i had the same reaction to morrison.

it'd be a task to go back and debate points.. stuff like my criticism of your u.s. supportive statements was definately incited by my own agenda.

i do wish to sincerely apologise to you for one thing - conflict is a crappy thing, and even if it's just some little third grader yelling insults at you from across the schoolyard, i know it doesn't really make anyone's day.

and apology is warranted, because having someone tell you everything they think of you is an ordeal, regardless of how accurate or not it is. i know i'm not all that appreciative of what other people have to say of me, even if it's good. grade A self-depreciator here (reduces the need for company..)

i don't really know how that email affected you.. the stuff on dueling was an observation.. well, there were a lot of things that went into it. if it bothered you (probably bothered me way more - most of my acitons do) i didn't mean it to. so far, i've managed to admit a lot of my faults (lazy yes i guess, ungrateful yes, stupid, unimaginative, well.. many relative things..) but i haven't managed to convince myself/admit to myself that i'm all that cruel. bad things aren't good.

i needed to say that. it was a bit intense.

Message 10/12                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

xoxos

gotta reneg on 'ungrateful' - tho mainly out of fear. i'm riding my bike today suddenly i'm in the middle of a swarm of migrating bees - probably africanised, which we get here a lot in tucson. didn't get a single sting. real freaky. dwelling on things like how grateful i am ain't usually that healthy.

Message 11/12                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

Defector Z

To be honest Rurik, I never read the email. After your terse response to me regarding Morrison, I wasn't interested in hearing what you had to say.

Message 12/12                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: Chorus, delay, echo, distorsion etc

xoxos

heh..  

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum