0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new track (DYT)/feedback

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  12:42 AM   -   new track (DYT)/feedback

saldiamond

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

finally uploaded a track here. i usually post under the name brentym (not that it matters) but have been using the name sal diamond to play some live electronic stuff.
anyway, i would appreciate any feedback anyone might have about this song. mix-wise, structure-wise, choice of sounds, etc...
i don't listen to a lot of electronic music, but i love making it. just kind of want to get some outside opinions.
thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

influx

Link?:  Link

dope!!!

first thing I noticed is that the climbing sound in the beginning is a little off sounding. Personally I would hard quantize that

man..serious! good shit! I was totally expecting yet another fuckin 4 on the floor track.

you got all kinds of little tricks up your sleeve in this one! listen to a lot of squarepusher?

got more?

Message 3/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

pat_magrath

Link?:  No link

nice

Message 4/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

milan

I heard first 30 secs before my audio playback fucked up big time. Cant wait to hear the rest, sounded very interesting!

(i fucking hate computers, yet again!)

Message 5/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

k

Link?:  No link

yeah it's a higher bandwidth file which might breakup on playback without cable - hey tho, great track Brenty mate - the stuff going on in it is realy deep, musta taken alot of work. I like it anyways  

Message 6/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

milan

no no. i DO have cable, its my AUDIO which fucked up. no idea why, it worked this morning, and now whenever i play an audio file (no matter which app) my pc blocks. dontcha hate it when that happens...

Message 7/11                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

milan

ok, now it works again. no idea why.

GREAT TRACK MATE! beautifully twisted, sounds like renegade robots on crack to me. love the fact that inividual sounds/ synths /whatever/ arent very tricky or complex by themselves, but together add to a very nice mish-mash. wicked work.

Message 8/11                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

saldiamond

thanks everyone. no one i know around here listens to this kind of stuff, so anyone that hears it just kind of gives me blank stares.

influx- you are right about the intro part being a little off. i kept tweaking and tweaking but i never could get it to sound perfectly in time. haven't tried quantizing. still learning the software.

i have heard of squarepusher, but never got around to listening to him.

i do have a bunch more, but they need to be mixed and right now i am in the middle of pre-production for an acoustiky-kind of rock and roll record. i will post some more next week or so.

again, thanks for all the comments. i really appreciate it.

Message 9/11                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

influx

never listened to squarepusher? JESUS!!!

you wanna hear some of the craziest drum programming out there? I like "Big Loada" but others would suggest, well..others 

Message 10/11                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

saldiamond

i have heard a lot of good things, just never had the opportunity to hear him. i will definatly check it out.
any other recommendations?

Message 11/11                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: new track (DYT)/feedback

influx

well..for that kind of stuff? Aphex Twin, of course. Ive heard that Boards of Canada are along those lines but Ive never actually heard them....

I think youd like some of the newer breaks guys too. T Power does some tight stuff, Rennie Pilgrem, Plump DJs...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum