0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Check my Acid techno track!!!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  02:38 AM   -   Check my Acid techno track!!!

LunarSeaWeapon

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

RRRRRRAAAAAA!This is my first track uploaded on to the web!Its a bangin acid techno number and a lot better than most of shit on the web!!!sorry but its true!check it out im sure your like it!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

LunarSeaWeapon

oh by the way its called "MonkeysClaw"(god knows why)

Message 3/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

influx

Link?:  Link

Uh...might I suggest that you refrain from praising your own stuff so emphatically? Perhaps it would be best to let your work speak for itself? Genuine humility goes a long way.

that said...I listened. Sounds exactly like every other "techno" track to me. I liked the big ol foghorn sound that hits every once in a while, and your fills are cool..but the rest sounds repetitive and run of the mill to me. definitely some neat sounds in there tho

as far as the mix goes..on my side, the kick sounds way too loud, and the other stuff way too far in the back. intentional? perhaps, so I shall say no more

the break you use...amen? no...funky drummer? cant quite place it but ive heard it quite a few times...

but on top of everything, it actually had me tappin my foot every once in a while, and my ears perked at the fills.

Message 4/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

the beat is nice at first, but unfortunately it is way too stagnant and repetitious for my taste. To be blunt it sounds like a 7:30 minute intro to me. Percussive tracks are nice when they are done right -- i.e., interesting fills and rhythmic changeups -- but your's was just seriously lacking this as well as originality. sorry bud I wouldn't have been this harsh but you were kinda a jerk on my post

Message 5/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

damballah

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! I fucked up my browser and it won't open these things into winamp no mo. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! I gotta figger out how to fix that. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! That shore is a big pitcher of your face. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Message 6/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

gotta say, what the fuck did I just listen too?
Wheres the acid man?

Message 7/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

pat_magrath

nice nice nice....we need more techno like this in the world for all the people that wanna take drugs and ware themselves out on the dancefloor....lol
keep it up sea boy.....check out my track....i think u might like the similar style!

Message 8/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

xoxos

the track grooves well.. all the parts seem really tailored for the tempo, has a good feel, and for being really minimal, it doesn't really drop or become monotonous.

that said, it's not my thing.. even at granddad volume, my tinnitus is saying 'hello!' and my head is starting to ache.

back in that mystical land the eighties, there was a group called dead or alive, and during the era of their 'youthquake' album (the one with 'you spin me et c.') they were releasing these absolutely killer dance remixes.. for tracks like 'my heart goes bang' the breakdowns were the total shit.. a little slower tempo, but all the freaking energy you could handle, built up through tides of auxiliary percussion. the effect was at lest equal in terms of sheer driving force.

in other words, they accomplished the same effect; making you dance harder than you thought was possible but through the use of complex, sensitising patterns. this whole harder harder kick drum thing seems to me like a recipe for being hooked up to an artificial heart. of course i've no doubt that you will completely not appreciate the difference.

question: how are your eardrums?

Message 9/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

nathan

excellent track !... I like it alot - simple & banging - it doesnt matter about the repetitiveness, you could drop that into a set anywhere or layer it... excellent stuff mate - add some more!!

Message 10/10                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Check my Acid techno track!!!

Lunarseaweapon

thanks for all your reponses people!

I didnt mean to big up my tracks to piss
people off but it kinda stirs things up a bit so
people repond to my message!once again
many thanks and a new track will be up later
today! 
(with added acid panama)
oh and my eardrums are fine(so far)

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum