0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: hard bangin pilling tekno

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/57                 Date: 28-Sep-01  @  07:33 PM   -   hard bangin pilling tekno

pat_magrath

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

go to music then type in 'breed em'.....hope u enjoy another classic by pat magrath

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/57                 Date: 28-Sep-01  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

k

Link?: Link

heh heh - climbing the chart! - brilliant track...  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/57                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

Link?:  Link

damn kilo you listen to everything dont you

another classic by pat magrath. man..is EVERYONE a fucking ad exec?

Message 4/57                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

xoxos

yeah.. great sounds.. works on what i guess is 'techno' level. really like the lead and the rising 16th ticky thing.

don't really know what i'm talking about since i don't do the techno clubbing thing (or whatever the appropriate genre(s) would be) but something in the bass region isn't really there for me..

in that it reminds me more of the low end on my own 'techno' dabblings, as opposed to recordings i hear. but as to exactly what?? are you using a really short attack on the compressor? i'd like to get some opinions on this perception.

Message 5/57                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

k

ah shaddap Influx  !... you're just pissed cos your track was booted off the top of the chart  

See Influx?.. it's tough being the 'STEPS' of Dancetech  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/57                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

what is that, anyway..that steps thing? a show you have out there?

I got booted? Im gonna go hang myself now 

Message 7/57                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Jasper

Good track, you've got the bits nicely spaced. A notch pass filter would sound nice sweeping the main line in a couple of places to link it up. This would mix well I imagine.

Message 8/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

really nice track dude!!!we should do some work together over the internet!really like your stuff its along the same type of stuff that me and the rest of my techno producing mates are doing over here!

Message 9/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

influx why do you have a chip on your shoulder the size of an air craft carrier...is it because your tunes are just that little bit shitty?

Message 10/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

k

Influx... STEPS?.. you really dont know STEPS ?... doh!

Message 11/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

k

aha! - the track file is back - but it's now been re-added as a 64k p/sec file - drops out sometimes even on adsl cable so i dunno if modem users can hear it - how about adding a lo-fi 24kbit/sec version Pat? - reminds me of my stuff a bit, especialy the echo/delay work feeding back.

Message 12/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

K can we banish Loony Tune Weapon please?

Message 13/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

im just give influx shit because he gives everybody else shit 24-7 unless they make dull breakbeat music,i mean i dont mind breakbeat but he's starting to make me hate it because of his lame attitude and small mindedness!
oh and sensoniq your just bitter because i didnt have any thing good to say about your track"day turns in to shite"(only joking ...get over it dude!!
K can we force sensoniq to write good music please!

Message 14/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

milan

heh...i dont usually take much notice whose track it is, i just give comment. nice techno, rather monotonous tho. that persistant rave synth is a bit too much, do something with it!

Message 15/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

techno is monotonous by nature!

Message 16/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

milan

yeah, but cmon, its not like you can´t put some little variations in there, not to mention slightly modulating that single non-percusive sound over a period of several bars or whatever. thats the crucial difference between a repetitive track and a boring one, innit.

Message 17/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

pat_magrath

it was sequenced on fruity....when i have moved it to logic i will trick it up a bit...just put up a sample of what its gonna sound like or whatever to see if people liked it or not...and to grab a few ideas. yo

Message 18/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

I think the trick with "techno" is that it seems monotonous on the outset, but when you really listen carefully there are many layers and changeups to keep it interesting both on and off the dancefloor.

Therefore good techno is not repetitious like Loony Sea Weaponry's. Instead, good techno has simply mastered the art of illusive repetition...that is, using smarts to make it seem more repetitive than it really is.

Message 19/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

yes. Im bitter because my tracks suck. thats exactly it. now youve gone and done it and destroyed what little self esteem I have let

dull breakbeat music. nailed it right on the head! thats what I write!!!

I just dont come out announcing as if what I do is the greatest thing since sliced bread. thats all

Message 20/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

steps is a band? like...spice girls?

I think Im gonna puke

anyway..lunacyweapon...you claim my tracks suck. did you listen? Kinda funny but youd be the first person Ive run across that genuinely thinks they SUCK. Id be honored

Message 21/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

milan

jeez. cool it guys, you´re getting all childish methinks.

Message 22/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh sensoinq put your claws away!
could i ask a question?
how long have you being making electronic music?

Message 23/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

more more more! name calling and all that good stuff!!! come on!!! 

Message 24/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

espoo2

Good lord...

Message 25/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

milan

what was that about being childish you may ask, eh?

Message 26/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

No you can't ask me a question ya friggin lunatic

Message 27/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

That comment was for Loony Sea Weapon of course

Message 28/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

of course!

i give up!

back to techno

Message 29/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Defector Z

"Loony Sea Weaponry"? I think I pissed my pants...

Sorry, I have nothing to add to this little tiff except my howls of laughter.

and urine...

Message 30/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

remember to clean up after ya self!  

Message 31/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

I donno what's worse Captain Loony Sea Weaponry -- yer tunes or yer jokes!

"Ahoy then!" you say: "We're finding Costner and heading back to WaterWorld...My awful tunes will be the perfect loony sea weapon with which to defeat the Smokers!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Message 32/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

milan

LOL! you guys just wreck me, keep it up please!

(no, dont, really)

Message 33/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

sensoniq admits his got shite taste in movies!

jesus christ on a bike sensoniq!
All i said was i didnt like your tunes,does it really matter that much what a think of your music!chill out dont get so hung up !

Message 34/57                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

Enough of this lunacy is enough man...Just shut up LSW! Yer post is already undeservedly too long, people might get the wrong idea and think yer music is good

PLEASE...don't speak to me, don't write my name, I don't want anything to do with you

Message 35/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

good lord!

so you dont want a remix then?

Message 36/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

jesus CHRIST sensoniq? why so fuckin bitchy?

you look like an idiot right about now, my man. All the dude said was that he didnt really like your stuff (he said the same thing to me, and sure Im gonna respond) and that it sounded "dated"

why are you flippin out so bad? dont you have anything better to do?

who fuckin cares if ONE person doesnt like your tracks! who cares if TEN dont!?!?!

relax, my man. youre goin overboard with this one

Message 37/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

oh, and btw..it was patmagraths thread in the first place 

hey LSW..your tracks SUCK  you know, I never even said anything of the sort. just dont like haughtiness. but hey, who the heck am I anyway?

Message 38/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

repect to you influx!  

Message 39/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

just to be fair, I listened. pretty driving shit. I like the sound of the tick tick hats

that damn synth tho...really man..change it up a bit! notch filter idea might sound cool, or even a lowpass...or layer it and do both!

oh..and LSW...you know...you came at me about teh "chip" thing...attacked my music so fuck off for that but I will explain:

the world is full of ads and ad execs using words like "classic" and "hot" and "phat" and "fresh", no? Electronic music, at some point, had a base intention of shying away from...standard industry modes of operation, no?

so when someone comes in throwin words around that sound like a damn commercial, I get that gross feelin in my belly. its a personal thing but its MINE and you need not worry about it. If I wanna give someone shit about their apparently "commercial" attitude then so be it. And feel free to give me shit back, but..really..do you need to attack my music? I said nothing derogatory about yours now, did I? And I DID take the time to give it a listen mind you.

but I got on you because you came in flyin that "IM SO FUCKIN GREAT MY SHIT IS SO BANGIN" crap and that doesnt fly with me. capiche? again, its ME but hey its a free board, right?

I could, of course, ignore things...but I, like you and most other males in this world, feel compelled to voice my opinion when I see an opportunity, so I do it.

thank you

Message 40/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

no problem dude!

Message 41/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

hehe dude. do people say dude in england or do they just make fun of california skate punks who say it? 

Message 42/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

people do indeed say it in england ...not much but it does get said!

Message 43/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

hehe. that makes me laugh actually...the accent thing..."dewd" or something like that 

Message 44/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

youve never heard a birmingham accent then...its more like dood!

Message 45/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

damballah

hahahahahaha

Message 46/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

I guess I was thinkin oxford type upperclass 

Message 47/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

Sorry about that Pat...I thought this was Loonar's post.

Message 48/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

Why do I hate Loony Sea Weapon so much? Just review my post ('Please critique...') and you'll see...It's one thing to diss a tune once, but quite another to continually pester and plague somebody's thread with condescending nonsense.

Message 49/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

yes. exactly. now go look in the mirror

and..did you actually use the word HATE in that statement? wow, holmes. you got some AM problems!;)

Message 50/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

sorry kid but I went and re-read that and aside from some overuse of punctuation all LSW said was that your stuff wasnt for him, sounded dated, and lacked direction. thats IT. then you proceeded to go off and make up funny (to you apparently) permutations of his handle.

we otta let this go. kindergaarten stuff really

Message 51/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

C'mon man his arrogant arse was beggin for da ruthless treatment...

mess wit Sensoniq
(rest) you get messed back
'cause i be puffin chronic
'sas simple as dat!

Message 52/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

influx

hehe..that much is clear based on your other post in the what r u doing thread 

Message 53/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

pat_magrath

the synth will change for one bar and thats it....and maybe another corrospoding synth will be added....but that synth is supposed to over power the whole track....its there to drive that rythim into ya head...jam it in! just a different style......one to try and really fuck with heads on the dancefloor!i reckon personally it would go sick bungers on the drugged out dancefloor....and dudes get over all this bullshit ya got goin....ya fillen up this thread with nonsense....respect the music!

Message 54/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Jasper

Well to fuck with peoples heads you need to screw the sounds up now and then, totally repeated sounds just tend to trance people out.. or is that what you meant?

Message 55/57                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

LunarSeaWeapon

Sorry pat didnt mean to dis your music by filling up the thread with mindless banter!

Bottom line is-Yer music sounds cool keep up the good work and keep postin them tracks up!  

Message 56/57                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

Sensoniq

Definitely a cool track for the floor Pat...The synth sounds very thick n' rich -- very driving as you intended. how did you get the synth to sound so rich like that, by layering it a few times or something?

Message 57/57                 Date: 02-Oct-01  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: hard bangin pilling tekno

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

pat, dope track!! you got a keen ear for tones.
now, influx on the other hand....

just playin fluxy  

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum