0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: would it be easier?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 26-Sep-01  @  01:47 PM   -   would it be easier?

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i was wondering if it might be good to replace this keyboard grid with a new one which looks like an octave of a piano-edit in a sequencer with keys AND timing step's as for the drum-grid... so you could input patterns with bar timing steps??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 26-Sep-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: would it be easier?

xoxos

i just popped in but that'd prolly be better.. you could even use a dedicated fixed width font w/X and t for ties w/ a reference column/timing axis. all i'd ever do is tell people to come up with stuff on their own anyways  

Message 3/7                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: would it be easier?

pict

Link?:  No link

The fact that the black keys are of equal size to the white keys in the present diagram lends itself visual confusion so I think either change the present diagram to more closely resemble a keyboard or try the new idea.It would be great if you could include the grand staff for notational examples but I don't know if that's so easy to implement.

Message 4/7                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: would it be easier?

k

yeah but on a piano-roll edit grid, the notes are all the same width innit!....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: would it be easier?

Deano

I think adding a piano-roll type sequencer thingy
would be an excellent idea. Maybe as an option,
keeping the present keyboard. How about adding the
abilty to upload a short midi file that would be
displayed as a piano-roll sequence....or with the
option of seeing it as a score. And make the midi
file downloadable so that people could see it and
hear what it sounds like. Or am I getting a bit
carried away her

Message 6/7                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: would it be easier?

pict

Yeah K it's a good idea because of the fact we're all used to looking at piano roll edits.My main complaint with the present diagram is that you don't get the feeling of going up and down the keys in a vertical manner rather than a horizontal manner when you're inputting notes.

This is a nice idea
"short midi file that would be displayed as a piano-roll sequence....or with the option of seeing it as a score" but isn't it just easier to use notation with a legend?

Message 7/7                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: would it be easier?

k

yeah - it would be good to have both types of grid, cos this one is good for scales & especialy chord progressions, one after the other with consecutive posts adding a new chord with each post.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum