0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: The Power of the E3

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  08:18 AM   -   The Power of the E3

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just got an E3xs into the studio. Holy shit what a machine. For those of you that have never used one, let me just say that I have never ever in my life encountered a sampler that plays back sound better than the original source tone. Normally a sampled tone sounds sampled, and the original tone just sounds a little cleaner and nicer. This is the exception to that rule. built a kick in my Q and sampled it into the E3, and it came out sound bigger, thicker and punchier from the E3 than from the Q, without any eq'ing, or processing. Never seen or heard anything like it. I'm in shock. You folks have to track these things down and check them out. No bells or whistles, like effects and toys, etc.. This thing is strictly business. I'll do a full review later, just a quick note to clue you folks in.

Ape

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

Matt Hutch

Link?:  No link

I've heard of this. Perhaps emu does a little 'sonic enhancer' type dsp on the their samples.

Pongoid, do you plan to use this sample as part of your live PA?

Message 3/14                 Date: 20-Sep-01  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

Pongoid

I'd like to, but it is something of a treasure. We'll see. It's not mine yet, so I can't say I will. This one belongs to the studio, but I'd like to get one myself and do so, just for sound quality. It keeps getting nicer. However, its frequency response is so good that after a few hours my ears have become a bit fatigued from not normally encountering some of these frequencies in such clarity at volume.

Ape

Message 4/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

Pongoid

Not only does this thing sound good live through a system, but it's out of hand to record with. This thing is such a secret weapon. Wish I had an E3 years ago. Find out for yourself.

Ape

Message 5/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  07:56 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

Pongoid

BTW, the one to get is the E3xs module. The keyboard is enormous, and heavy, and the XS holds many more samples, and presets (wierd emu term for programs) than the xp.

Ape

Message 6/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

influx

Link?:  Link

I like my E6400 too. sounds good to me and is quite the intriguing toy.

Message 7/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

steve

I like my e4 too.

Are you sure thats an e3xs? Cos they never had the analogue filters/VCAs, they`re little more than esi32s in a bigger case with maybe nicer convertors or something.

Message 8/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

steve

looking at the info at the emuarc there, they never made a keyboard version of the e3x ......maybe someone slapped an xs sticker on an older e3 keys to sell it when digital was de rigeur?

Message 9/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

k

same with the emax... anything you sample sounds awesomely good.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

influx

fekkin R-Tek the sampler sleuth.

EIIIXp is it not?

Message 11/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

steve

xp was all digital too, even had digital inputs only. Must be an e3 classic if its keys unless it was some prototype or summat.

the geek that I am.

Message 12/14                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

influx

oops. he said XS not XP.

well Rtek..you and pongoid can bang it out.

Message 13/14                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

Pongoid

sure enough, looks like I did get the digital filters. Sounds sick though. Xs has analog sample inputs, and space for more memory and samples.

Ape

Message 14/14                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

influx

shall we look up the old "analog v. digital" threads? 

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum