0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Second Paleface track

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 15-Sep-01  @  03:26 PM   -   Second Paleface track

Paleface

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Second track for your consideration - "Rainy Days". At the moment only instrumental, like to possibly get some flows/vocals over the top.

The beats are WAY tighter - sat down and got them bang on myself. Much nicer. Though the first pad is deliberately out. Sounds a bit weird when drums first come in.

Comments greatly apprecited.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 15-Sep-01  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Second Paleface track

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

nice.

Message 3/6                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Second Paleface track

Paleface

anyone else? do listen, it's way better than the old one.

Message 4/6                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Second Paleface track

xoxos

the beat's much closer to yer standard shuffle quantised positions   but better? both tracks have some nice tones in them and are really enjoyable, beat tightness be damned   do you flow, or rap? from my limited encounters with brit hiphop last spring it seemed like there are a lot more rappers than flowers..

i'm not saying this in reference to your stuff, but it was kinda funny. a lot of the rhymes i heard sounded very precise, almost clinical, as if they were put together with a thoughtful, analytical process. same thing in the graffiti.. i saw a lot of tags where the curves were made more out of a bunch of lines with rounded angles, where all the lines were precisely made to make a fluid curve shape and less of the stuff where the curves were obviously done quickly and fluidly. not saying one is better than the other, but it's one of those odd things i think about when making up stupid national character trait fantasies and stuff. i got identity crisis man  

yes.. that'd be a lovely bit with the vocals and all the dinkle dinkle thoughts scattering to the horizon in the b/g

Message 5/6                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Second Paleface track

Paleface

I don't flow or rap. If I did anything, it would be more lyrical, flowy stuff. Could you define what the difference between "rap" and "flow" is, I'm not entirely sure... As it is, I'm 19, white as white can be, non-street as can be, and hence the name "Paleface".

I'm happy with it, I have some idea of where to take things, so I might have a piss around with a mic.

As it is, I'm still working on music... so much of it ISN'T Paleface, not in style, so when I come up with something appropriate, I go "yes, THIS is the direction I want to go in", and I work on it loads. There are several other sketches that are nothing like this. And I'm also working on soundtracklike stuff - practicsing developing themes in different styles. Though I'm also well into a project we've got at university... I appear to have said I'll produce a semiserious boyband. Great. Pop beats, here we come!

Thanks for the support, though, xoxos. Music production slow whilst at uni, have less space for gear. But soon I'll (hopefully) find the sampler... and then the fun begins! Thanks very much, anyhow.

Message 6/6                 Date: 05-Oct-01  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Second Paleface track

xoxos

i mean flowing as improvisation, not that 'rap' would therefore exclude freestyling. this is just from a small quantity of locals. other categorisations i have observed: you got your one blunt raps, your two blunt raps, your three blunt raps. there don't seem to be any four blunt raps  

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum