0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: comp. software for e-5000

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 11-Sep-01  @  11:13 AM   -   comp. software for e-5000

Dexter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi all. is there a place on the web that offers s/w for
my e-5000 ? i mean a s/w that will make me able to control
my e-mu with the comp that it attached to with a scsi cable.
any suggestions are welcomed.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 12-Sep-01  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: comp. software for e-5000

k

Link?: Link

October 18, 1999 -- E-MU / ENSONIQ has announced that EOS Link is now shipping. EOS Link is a software program that allows a user to control an Emulator 4 series sampler from a Mac or PC over SCSI. The software program comes bundled free of charge with the E4XT Ultra, E-Synth Ultra, and E-6400 Ultra, samplers, and is available for a nominal charge for the new E5000 Ultra sampler or previous models of the E4 sampler line.

Remote control of sampler possible

The EOS Link software program provides remote operation of any E4 sampler with EOS 4.01. Using SCSI for communication, the software package displays a representation of the front panel of the unit and allows the user to operate the unit as if they were right in front of it. Multiple units can be controlled with, the program (up to the number of available SCSI IDs on the bus), allowing large sampler installations to be easily managed. The program is particularly convenient for loading sounds, programming presets, and performing DSP operations using a computer monitor for display, as well as facilitating better integration with large MIDI studios by centralizing the control of the E4 samplers from a computer.

Mac or PC Operation

The program operates on both Macintosh (Version 7.0 or later) or Windows 95, 98, or NT, and requires at least 8MB of RAM, a CD-ROM drive, and a SCSI card, to be installed in the computer. Installation is a simple drag and drop operation and all the documentation for the program is contained on the disc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6                 Date: 15-Sep-01  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: comp. software for e-5000

influx

Link?:  Link

its not free tho. but...it should have come with your sampler? did you not buy it new?

Message 4/6                 Date: 18-Sep-01  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: comp. software for e-5000

Dexter

influx: i don't think i had received that eos
link s/w (my unit is new from the store) - and when reading what k had written it even make sense. i wonder what's that "nominal charge" and
if it's worth the money you spend...?

Message 5/6                 Date: 18-Sep-01  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: comp. software for e-5000

steve

speak to emu - you should`ve gotten it free as influx said.

Message 6/6                 Date: 20-Sep-01  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: comp. software for e-5000

influx

Link?:  Link

yup. sposed to come with all ultras. So are some CDroms as well. did you get those?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum