0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: single cycle?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  10:53 AM   -   single cycle?

Bazziman

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok, I was wandering...don't wavetables synth use single cycle waves? I thought even a synth lke the virus has several singelcycle samples (not 100% sure)... Still how would one go about creating single cycle samples (in tune) or even a whole bunch of em that you could use on yer sampler to recreate analogues, wavetables and possibly create tonally new and exciting sounds....i've been toying around with this on me a4000 (which has standard square, sine etc) but I wanna try my own cycles, up to now with mediocre results...what lengths should i use so they are in tune??? Are there any tricks people now of??? Anybody tries something like this before on their sampler?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 26-Aug-01  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: single cycle?

k

there's a pithc/frequency/note number chart in the TECH TABLES section - I never tried it with single cycle but i cant see why not you gotta get the loop spot on tho of course.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3                 Date: 26-Aug-01  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: single cycle?

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Wellm i thought that if you'd take a samplecycle that's lets say 10.1% 'off' and you fine tune it with the fine tune parameter -10% (cause you there's a limit to it's accuracy, right?) this might just do at it's original pitch but might just be more prevelent at other frequencies, since then also the sample playback algorythms of the sampler kick in..lemme clarify...say the 'perfect' single cycle is x samples but the one you got is x+1 samples ... this would be an increased problem if the perfect singel cycle would turn out to need a non-natural amount of samples (86.7554 or sumthing) ... wel i just seems hard to get the 'prefect pitch' without knowing the exact 'perfect' length of the wave you need to create... Am i talking rubbish here.... lemme start messing with that table of yours and see what i can figure out myself..

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum