0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  12:07 AM   -   mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

lithergy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm looking at buying a Yamaha 01v in a few months and have a couple of Q's to ask about an mLAN option on the 01v.

First off, does the mLAN expansion card currently available work with the 01v (and if not does anyone know of an expansion that is planned to be released)?

Secondly, does anyone know if you can take a mLAN connection - plug it directly into a PC's FireWire card and with the appropriate software be able to access the audio & MIDI signals in the mLAN signal?

Overall I'm hoping to be able to get the 01v & mLAN expansion and be able to use it as a mixer and a harddisk interface for my PC (computer already has firewire)...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

99devils

AFAIK there is no mLAN for the 01V. I hesitate to think that there will be. I would think that the mixer was designed to only accept 8 channels in each direction through that port - otherwise I can think of no reason why they wouldn't have made multi-ADAT cards for it. mLAN also integrates MIDI. There's probably also the desire on Yamaha's part to force the more "pro" users who would really embrace mLAN to get a higher end mixer.

Having said that, the ADAT option and an ADAT card for the PC work fabulously. I'm running an 01V to DSP Factory via ADAT with great results.

-Craig

Message 3/6                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

DJ Herpes Icepops UK

Link?:  No link

the Mlan for the 01v is supposedly due in Autumn (thats fall to you), but not out just yet.

Message 4/6                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

99devils

Hmmm.. Very interesting... Then I could hook up the 01V to my lappy via Firewire =)

-Craig

Message 5/6                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

Brett B

Link?:  Link

mlan? what about native latency running with that setup?

Message 6/6                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: mLAN connectivity to PC & Yam. 01v

milan

Link?:  Link

whats all this talk about me and 01vīs???

I was not thinking about expanding around in near future...just thought i better clear this.

cheers,

MiLAN.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum