0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Super BassStation Obsolete?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 19-Aug-01  @  11:20 AM   -   Super BassStation Obsolete?

chris

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

My local supplier reckons he/they can't get hold of the SuperBassStation any more.

Shame - 'cos I had plans to buy one and put it to work.

Anyone from Novation got and more info on this? Have Novation stopped making the unit?

Chris

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 19-Aug-01  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Super BassStation Obsolete?

Bastiaan (Hajee)

They're probalby out of production since the A-station got introduced (I reckon even a bit before that...)

But why should ceased production make gear obsolete? Some of the most sought after gear and most heavely used equipment has been out of production for decades...

Message 3/7                 Date: 19-Aug-01  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Super BassStation Obsolete?

chris

Obsolete as far as Novation's concerned is what I was trying to imply...

Chris

Message 4/7                 Date: 19-Aug-01  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Super BassStation Obsolete?

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Well, it probably means you won't get any updates for it...but why shoudl you worry...It's as far as I know (I don't own one myself) a very decent unit for basses and leads...you're question should be: will it be useful to me? I'd love yo have one myself, but hey: I'm a gearjunkie

Message 5/7                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: Super BassStation Obsolete?

chris

Erm, well yes - it would be useful to me, which is why I said I was planning on getting one!?!?

I know what it does, and don't expect any updates.

It just seems that I can't get a new one (possibly since Novation have stopped making them).

Second hand units seem hard to find.

All I wanted to know in my original question is: have Novation stopped making them?

Chris

Message 6/7                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: Super BassStation Obsolete?

Bastiaan (Hajee)

well they can still be bought NEW at turnkey...so at least one dealers still has em in stock... that should solve at least on of your problems...

Message 7/7                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Super BassStation Obsolete?

chris

Turnkey have none in stock, I tried a couple of days ago. Novation also seem to have none, so I'm a bit knackered on that one really.

Anyhow - I reckon I'm possibly going to buy a Virus Rack instead...

Chris

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum