0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 2 Micro Q-Questions........

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 06-Aug-01  @  08:44 PM   -   2 Micro Q-Questions........

system85

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi to all ;)

How many voices has the Micro Q ?

16 or "up to 25" ?

and will there be Reverb in the effct section with a new OS ??

THANX !

bene

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 10-Aug-01  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: 2 Micro Q-Questions........

k

well, if the promo/manual etc says 'Up to 25' then that is dynamic polyphony, quite common with many synths... your polyphony reduces if you create sounds with MORE oscillators... so for example on a true dynamic synth you get say 16 notes at 1 osc' per bote, 8 notes at 2 osc' per note etc... then the synt can also assign dynamicaly so create a synth with 2 osc' and a sub osc' (2 osc') and you will be left with 13 osc's from a total of 25 - best is to read the site spec's.....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4                 Date: 16-Aug-01  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: 2 Micro Q-Questions........

nothingnewhere

The poly depends on the complexity of the patch or patches you are playing. I think the lowest it can go is 5 notes of poly, but I've never made a patch that complex. I think the usual poly for the non-unison complex(lots of modulation, fm etc) is about 12 or 14. But those patches are more complex that what would be used in a dance track most likely.

16 is probably a good estimate for average poly.

Message 4/4                 Date: 16-Aug-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: 2 Micro Q-Questions........

nothingnewhere

hah fuck, you can edit messages now, but i wasnt logged in when i wrote that...

I meant to say "a non-unison, complex pad..."

whatever.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum